• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Doctor Blake Mysteries (US) fails to completely encode all tracks

lbusch1313

Hello all,
System: AnyDVD 8.1.9.2 : Region 1 set, Handbrake 1.0.7 64bit, Windows 10 Pro V 1703 B 15063.674

The Doctor Blake Mysteries - Season 3 (US version)

Disk 1 : Track 3 encodes only the first 20-30 minutes (differs on different runs). There are no error messages just incomplete mp3 files. These short files play correctly up to an early end.

Disk 2 : Tracks 1 and 3 on this disk have same issue.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.2_Info_E_Doctor Blake Mysteries S3 Disc 2.ziplog
    115.4 KB · Views: 2
Hello all,
System: AnyDVD 8.1.9.2 : Region 1 set, Handbrake 1.0.7 64bit, Windows 10 Pro V 1703 B 15063.674

The Doctor Blake Mysteries - Season 3 (US version)

Disk 1 : Track 3 encodes only the first 20-30 minutes (differs on different runs). There are no error messages just incomplete mp3 files. These short files play correctly up to an early end.

Disk 2 : Tracks 1 and 3 on this disk have same issue.
Try to set AI scanner to "always enabled".

Sorry for the confusion. Let me restate slightly. When I use Handbrake and AnyDVD to rip tracks from the DVD to my HDD, on most disks it does the track rip(s) with no problem. On several newer disks I have noticed problems with select tracks being fore-shortened. On the two mentioned, of the eight tracks on the two DVDs 5 rip and play correctly and 3 did not. I also tried the AI scanner "always enable" but I still get these three 55 minute tracks ending at about 19 minutes. Thanks for the quick reply. Ch3Vr0N sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Sorry for the confusion. Let me restate slightly. When I use Handbrake and AnyDVD to rip tracks from the DVD to my HDD,
So, are you ripping with Handbrake or AnyDVD? What do you get if you rip the disc with AnyDVD and play the rip with MPC-HC or some other player. Is it correct? How about leaving Handbrake out of the equation for now.

As I (inadequately) understand it, AnyDVD provides the decryption and Handbrake acts as a front end (for FFMPeg I presume) to wrap it back into an MP4 package. And it works. Almost all the time. I use Handbrake because I prefer the interface and options for Closed Captioning. For what it's worth, I also have DVDFab10. It fails on these (newer) disks, too.

OK, I just tried Disk 2 again with CloneDVDMobile, decoded with the programs default settings. It fails, but at least I have some error information, included belos and in the log file.

Thanks for the reply. I'm game to try about anything as several disks have recently failed in this fashion.

Here's the error I got in DVDCloneMobile ("Oh No!"):

WARNING: Video aspect ratio is given as 720:480[1.50] but encoded as 1.777778:1[1.78].
This is Chameleon transcoder engine [2.0.1.5] (09/23/2013)

LOG: [NEW SEGMENT] VOB:1 CELL:1
LOG: Video Start PTS = 25257
LOG: AudioA Start PTS = 25257
FFmpeg version from svn, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

NOTICE: This app contains changes made by SlySoft Inc. in compliance with GPL.
All changes are available as patches from http://oss.slysoft.com

Attachments

• Doctor Blake Mysteries CloneDVDMobile.ziplog
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
This is all well and good, but you are saying AnyDVD has a problem, but you are continuing to use other programs. Not good troubleshooting. Can you rip the disc with AnyDVD? Do you get an error? If so, what is the error? If no error, does a rip from AnyDVD play correctly?

And as far as CloneDVDmobile goes, the only version I trust is 1.2.0.1.

Last edited:
I just tried ripping DVD Disk 2 direct to disk using only AnyDVD. That failed with the error "Error PS 10 VOBU 4 316820 159 Clone 6. Aborted." Then I tried what I probably should have early on : playing the DVD direct to screen. With AnyDVD running in the background the problem episode pixelated then froze a few minutes in. Then I removed AnyDVD from running in the background. The episode played to screen in its entirety, but the play time displayed while running was WAY off. This isn't a new disk and it has some superficial scratching. I'm trying to get another copy of it to see if it's a problem with the disk itself. More to follow.
Thanks

I just tried ripping DVD Disk 2 direct to disk using only AnyDVD. That failed with the error "Error PS 10 VOBU 4 316820 159 Clone 6. Aborted." Then I tried what I probably should have early on : playing the DVD direct to screen. With AnyDVD running in the background the problem episode pixelated then froze a few minutes in. Then I removed AnyDVD from running in the background. The episode played to screen in its entirety, but the play time displayed while running was WAY off. This isn't a new disk and it has some superficial scratching. I'm trying to get another copy of it to see if it's a problem with the disk itself. More to follow.
Thanks

Was that with or without the AI scanner set to "always enabled" as James suggested to try?
Good idea to try another physical disk just to be sure.
-W

That was with the AI scanner "always enabled". I'm beginning to think this is a problem with the physical disk. After two "polishing" attempts I got two of the three titles ripped on a second computer using AnyDVD default settings. The fooler is I can watch the problem episode direct to screen without AnyDVD though the playtime is off. I'm waiting on a second disk set to see. Thanks for the quick reply everyone.

Playing is a lot easier to do than ripping "bit for bit" - sounds like the physical disk to me too.
-W

New disk, all tracks ripped correctly. Thanks to all. Not sure why I could play it on the same system that refused to rip it but live and learn.

To simplify it, playing isn't the same as ripping. That's pretty much what it boils down to.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back