• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do Credit Cards Work

Greg R

I know you want everyone to use Bitcoin but do credit cards work? There was a reply in another thread that by the end of April a credit card payment would be available. Are you still work on it? I have tried a credit card and one green dot card...nothing.

I just tried paying with 2 different credit cards. Both failed. My browser was redirected through several different sites (all looking rather suspicious and off-brand), and then 3 attempts with 2 cards failed. My cards are with well-established large American banks, so there's nothing wrong with the cards...

Try a well established bank and buy some bit coins or sign up with Coinbase it doesn't take that long to do and they make it simple to send bitcoins to make purchases even newegg.com takes bitcoin now.

Coming from someone that's never done it before, I wouldn't say it was easy to get into. I spent many hours figuring out how to get some bitcoins. The suggestion of using a well established bank won't help with credit cards, the well established banks are the ones doing the blocking. Every single Visa and Mastercard I have from Citi, Chase, and Bank of America block bitcoin purchases automatically, both credit and debit purchases. None will lift that restriction as too many people were committing fraud with them. I did end up linking a vacation fund Chase bank account I had that didn't have a balance, putting money into it, and letting Coinbase have access to it. Then I could purchase the bitcoins (plus a 2.99 fee) needed for the AnyDVD HD license. I then had to wait 6 days for Coinbase to release the funds to allow me to spend the bitcoins. I finally was able to use them this morning and get my license. I started the process on the 31st.

I understand why it is what it is, it's the nature of this kind of product. But I would not say that getting a hold of bitcoins isn't daunting to a normal person, especially if they are considering the security of their bank accounts and things like that.

Back