• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DL problem

Ikirus

i'm using anydvd 6.1.1.4 and clonedvd2 2.9.0.3. i'm trying to burn dual layer dvds and keep getting a bad media error. i've tried burning different movies so i know it wasn't one bad movie. i was using hp dvd dl 2.4x and have tried verbatim dvd+r dl 8x with the same results. after lurking around this forum i saw that clonedvd cannot leave the layer break intact so why then is there the option to burn dvd9/dvd dl in the output method? i can't justify buying anydvd , clonedvd AND clonecd to do what i should be able to with just anydvd and clonedvd. is that the only way to burn dual layers (using all 3 progams) or do i have it all wrong? any help would be appreciated!

i'm using anydvd 6.1.1.4 and clonedvd2 2.9.0.3. i'm trying to burn dual layer dvds and keep getting a bad media error. i've tried burning different movies so i know it wasn't one bad movie. i was using hp dvd dl 2.4x and have tried verbatim dvd+r dl 8x with the same results. after lurking around this forum i saw that clonedvd cannot leave the layer break intact so why then is there the option to burn dvd9/dvd dl in the output method? i can't justify buying anydvd , clonedvd AND clonecd to do what i should be able to with just anydvd and clonedvd. is that the only way to burn dual layers (using all 3 progams) or do i have it all wrong? any help would be appreciated!

1) Use Anydvd 6.1.2.3 or higher
visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

2) Upgrade your burner's firmware, if possible

3) In Clonedvd2's quality bar, ensure you have "dvd+/r DL" selected (and yes, Clonedvd2 should work fine; it just won't retain the original layer break position--so the slight pause may not occur where you expect it to on playback, if you normally encounter a slight pause with the original disc).

4) read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully

5) answer http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 fully

Last edited:
Double/Dual Layer

The largest factors in using double/dual layer DVDs are: burner, media type and burning speed. I have a Memorex 16x DDL burner and just couldn't ever seem to get good results. I used Memorex, TDK and Verbatim discs. I finally decided to do some tests and used CDSpeed to make a data disc with the different media and my burner to see how they came out. It seemed that the Memorex media ws worthless, TDK label was actually Ritek and seemed to do OK if I burned at 2x. I went out and bought a Plextor PX760A and did it again. With the Plextor and a Verbatim 6x double layer, the first layer was almost flawless at 4x and very good readings with the second layer. The Plextor was much better with the first layer on the TDK/Ritek 2.4x and a little worse than the Memorex 16x DDL on the second layer but still well under the limits (100 PIE errors max). This is a long answer to a quick question, you need to "waste" a couple of discs and test to see what media and speed works with your burner. Might find one, may not. If not, get a new burner, find what works with it and you will quit making coasters and end up saving money in the long run. The Plextor PX760A is very, very good, sells for $100 or so at Frys.com and they have had a $30 rebate on them.

Also, if you use CloneCD and use the Copy CD option, it will leave the layer break in the original spot. CloneDVD may move the layer break, but you probably will not notice it anyway since most people generally don't notice the "pause" on the original.

Last edited:
Back