• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DL Lightscribe disks available anywhere

Jason-Alaska

Dual Layer Lightscribe disks available anywhere

Anyone hear of a DL Lightscribe out there anywhere?

I have a 3 year old that likes to pick his own movies out to watch on movie night. This was a fairly expensive night when he kept scratching our DVD's. With AnyDVD and CloneCD that worry is a thing of the past. Now I can back up our DVD library and my son won't scratch our originals. :bowdown:

My 3 year old however can't read my chicken scratching on the DL disks and I would much prefer to have a label he can recognize than have to explain what each disk is in our back ups.

I can find no info on the subject of a DL Lightscribe DVD except some speculation from 2006 that they are coming. :confused:

Last edited:
Clone DVD compresses the data to be used on single layer media and the quality is excellent.

Thanks oldjoe,
I have the whole SlySoft suite save Game Jackal. :rock:

I've found the backups I make using Clone DVD have a great deal of artifacts in the images and at points jump like there is a scratch on the disk. Several of my Single Layer backups burned from Dual layer disks can't play sections of the DVD, special features, out takes etc, with out a great deal of chop.

The 1 to 1 backups I make on dual layer disks work great. So I am hoping for the best of both worlds. The quality of a DL disk without compression and a snazzy Lightscribe label. :doh:

I've found the backups I make using Clone DVD have a great deal of artifacts in the images and at points jump like there is a scratch on the disk. Several of my Single Layer backups burned from Dual layer disks can't play sections of the DVD, special features, out takes etc, with out a great deal of chop.

The 1 to 1 backups I make on dual layer disks work great. So I am hoping for the best of both worlds. The quality of a DL disk without compression and a snazzy Lightscribe label. :doh:

I doubt that CloneDVD, or any other reputable DVD authoring software, is causing the symptoms you describe. Low quality media can and will.
I, as well as many others, have successfully backed up a great number of DVD's using quality S/L media with no playback issues.

Sure but I'm greedy! I want my cake and I want to eat it too. I don't want to have to strip special features or directors commentaries etc. just to keep the quality up. Hence the need for the DL disks.

Oldjoe are you able to record SL disks with all features, chapters and audio intact? I have had less than stellar success with TDK Lightscribe SL DVDs. Is there a brand you recommend for SL DVD burning with Lightscribe?

I am using Verbatim DL disks with great success but obviously without the Lightscribe ability.

Thanks for the help! :clap:

Yes I, as well an many many others, have had success burning whole movies to S/L media. I use Verbatim +R. If you are using TDK for your S/L copies that would explain your problems. Try some S/L Verbatim or TY.

Thanks again Oldjoe! I'll give that a go. ;)

I had a TDK DVD burner for years that would only burn TDK disks reliably so that was all I ever used. When the moter in the TDK stopped working I got a HP Lightscribe and have been impressed so far except with TDK disks, go figure.

Back