• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Divergent Series: Insurgent (DVD) problems

DDtex

Hi was just attempting to back up the new Divergent / Insurgent DVD version (US) and found that it has issues similar to the ones reported in the recent release of Gods Of Egypt. Disc wants to take the viewer back to the beginning after playing for about 30 seconds, large blank area around chapter 10 and some of the movie showing up "after" the ending credits (Chapters out of order??).

Disc seemed to copy without any complaints but the resulting copy had the above issues. AnyDVD indicates 17 Chapters total but I am not sure that the count is correct.

I am seeing the same thing in the preview window of CloneDVD when I drag the chapter control back and forth across the preview.

I don't see that anyone has posted anything about this on the forum..

Is this a known issue?
Is there a fix in the works?

I don't have the log file from the copy (I thought it didn't have any problems) but I suppose I can sacrifice another DVD to capture that if necessary.

Anydvd logfile please! No logfile, no help. And logfile from the ORIGINAL disc, logfile from an unprotected copy is useless.

Sorry, I had to look up the information about how to create a log file (I thought I had to actually create a copy to get it.) See attached/uploaded.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_F_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    272.5 KB · Views: 2
Isn't Insurgent from 2015? The newest in the Divergent Series is "Allegiant", I just got it from Redbox.

(Let's do the "Time Warp" again!:))

Oops, you are correct it is the Allegiant disc.

Probably a typo, as the logfile clearly states allegiant.

@DDtex multiple things here.

1. Set your drive hardware region in Windows device manager (make sure you exit the anydvd tray icon completely before you go into device manager)
2. Update to beta version 8031

If that doesn't work, provide a new logfile with the latest beta version. Chances are high it's a new protection.

I was having the exact same problem with the US version of Allegiant using version 8.0.3.0. The movie would play for about 58 seconds and then restart. It would play perfectly up until about the 1:10 mark where the screen went black. The blackout only lasted a few seconds and the movie started playing again, but instead of picking up at the 1:10 mark, it advanced approximately 30 minutes. The remainder of the movie played normally and after it ended, the lost 30 minutes would play. So the entire movie could be duplicated except the chapters were out of order.
Seeing that version 8.0.3.1 was available, I installed it and tried again. This time the entire movie copied and played perfectly. I did notice that when 8.0.3.0 was used the only main title available was 2:34:03 in length. After installing 8.0.3.1 I had the choice of the original 2:34:03 movie length and also a version 2:00:27 in length. After deselecting the longer play version the entire disk copied perfectly.
Thank you Redfox.

Since Gods of Egypt a few weeks ago had the exact same problem with the blackout and playing out of order, I wonder if trying version 8.0.3.1 with it might remedy problems with that disc. I have loaned out that disc and don't have the disc to try at this time, but I do remember that it had only one main title to choose, just like Allegiant. If anyone has Gods of Egypt still available it might be interesting to try it again with the 8.0.3.1 version and see if it fixes the problems.

Last edited:
I hate to sound like an idiot, but could someone point me to the link to the beta 8.0.3.1 version?? I looked on the forum and on the Redfox download/product page and couldn't find it

Never mind. I found it by searching for just "beta" leaving out the version

@rbuzz if you're having a problem with allegiant, same question. Anydvd logfile please!

@DDtex then you didn't look too well. Top sticky :)

Thanks for the advice... the beta seems to have overcome whatever the protection cops are doing on this disc. I suppose this will be an on-going battle between the p-cops and redfox for a while.. I was hoping that the current release version would be able to handle this type of protection scheme since the Gods of Egypt dust-up, but I guess it is not that simple. In the future, I will look for a beta first before posting.

@rbuzz if you're having a problem with allegiant, same question. Anydvd logfile please!

I am kind of new at this "sticky" stuff.....I would like to download the beta version 8031, I tried to search under just "beta" and could not find a download link....
could someone tell me what a "sticky" is and I looked at the top of each forum page, and I cannot find it??
Thanks in advance for your help.....

Easy enough, if you scroll up from any post, you will see "Home", "Forum", "Members". Click on "Home". You will see many Forums available. Clicking on AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray) will bring up all the posts starting with the latest, going back to the earliest. The top 3 will show a lock, meaning they are frozen to any more postings, no problem. But beside the lock is a symbol for a pin. That indicates that no matter who posts another topic, this post will stay at the top of the list, or is "stuck" there. So stickies are important info, and do not require extensive searching through 3 months, or 3 years of postings to find important info on certain topics. That is why betas are always stickies, so they are at the top of the list.

I am kind of new at this "sticky" stuff.....I would like to download the beta version 8031, I tried to search under just "beta" and could not find a download link....
could someone tell me what a "sticky" is and I looked at the top of each forum page, and I cannot find it??
Sticky...thread that is permanently stuck at the top of a Forum topic...in this case, the first thread in the topic AnyDVD is the bright yellow thread "AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.1 Beta", and since it's a sticky it's always there.
I was in forums in 2002 and there were stickies ...not a new or specific thing to this Forum.
Usually they are rules of posting, or advice that never gets old...like don't step on Superman's cape, or spit into the wind...stuff like that!
Read them and ye shall know the way...to send log files or to read the stickies first before posting, etc.!

Don't feel too bad.. I have problems finding stuff here as well. And I didn't understand what he meant by "Top Sticky" at first either.

I guess I just got "lucky" when I did the beta search because I had been poking around in other areas of the forum and just happened to be in the correct spot when I did that search.

Good luck.

I am sending the logfile as requested for Allegiant after the installation of 8.0.3.1. Before installing this BETA version I only was presented with one main title which was 2:34:03 long which resulted in a playable backup disc that restarted after just 58 seconds and the chapters were played out of order. After installing the BETA version I was given two main titles to choose from, the one previously mentioned and a second at 2:00:27. I deselected the longer one. I realize this is just a work around, but in this case it allowed me to make a perfect backup disc.
If this will help, I have ANYDVD installed on 2 computers and had the exact same results with both computers.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_F_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    275.4 KB · Views: 9
Out of curiousity if slysoft is nomore then why when downloading the sandbox file does it pull up slysoft download . Just wondering

They don't, check the link again, it clearly states sandbox.REDFOX.bz

Back