• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disturbing sound every 3 seconds

ace960

Hello, I used a package of software (MPC-HC 1.7.5.195.x86, madVR 0.87.10 and ReClock 1.8.8.4) to play movies on my system without problems. I recently updated nvidia gpu driver from 344.11 to 347.09 and the software package to MPC-HC 1.7.7.157.x86, madVR v0.87.11. I re-installed the same ReClock 1.8.8.4. I have a sound issue since I installed the new package. A disturbing sound is heard every 3 seconds. Please see the attached sound recording file. It is analog recording with low quality but the sound can be heard at 9th second and then at every next 3rd second. I decided to roll-back to the previous package. However, the problem remains. The problem is removed when ReClock is uninstalled. That's why I would like to kindly ask you for assistance to get rid of the problem. I gathered reclock log but I did not find anything obvious there.

I would not like to make this post too long. However, I would mention some notes about the system and attempts to resolve the issue:
- system spec: cpu intel core i5 3570k, 8 GB RAM, gpu nvidia geforce gtx660 2 GB VRAM, primary monitor connected through dvi, secondary monitor (tv) connected through hdmi, avr with 5.1 speakers, windows 7 64-bit + sp1 + all updates + directx end-user runtime june 2010
- old software package was properly uninstalled, new package was properly installed and configured, reclock was installed as the last component
- cleaning reclock configuration did not help (advanced settings - restore default settings, video settings - clean-up manual frame rates database, advanced settings - clean-up video clock timings database)
- madvr statistics do not indicate performance problems
- uninstalling, stopping of various not critical processes did not help
- disabling/enabling of sound card did not help (device manager)
- uninstalling of sound chip realtek alc892 (without removing of the driver files), restart and automatic re-installation of the sound chip driver did not help
- uninstalling of sound chip (with removing of the driver files), restart and automatic re-installation of the sound chip standard driver did not help
- updating to the latest realtek driver (2.75) for the sound chip did not help
- the sound goes through optical spdif to avr, sending it through hdmi to tv did not help, sending it through analog connection to stereo speakers did not help
- the video goes through hdmi to tv, sending it to the primary lcd monitor did not help (keeping sound sending to the speakers through the analog connection), no matter it is windowed or exclusive mode
- the problem remains with audio interface wasapi, direct sound and waveout

==
update: I communicated also to other parties to get this resolved (mpc-hc and nvidia support so far). I tested the setup with other player instead of mpc-hc. I configured reclock to be used by kmplayer and I configured kmplayer to use reclock and madvr. There is no such sound problem as there is with mpc-hc. Does it mean that the problem may be somehow caused by or connected to mpc-hc? I would still like to use mpc-hc. Please indicate further steps if there is any chance to get this work properly with mpc-hc. Thank you.

==
update: I performed many tests and found out that the root cause may reside in the test media files. When I moved from nvidia gpu driver 344.11, mpc-hc 1.7.5, madvr 0.87.10, reclock 1.8.8.4 to versions 347.09/1.7.7/0.87.11/1.8.8.4 I tested a random video file. The distrubing sound appeared so I selected randomly another file. That was enough to me to consider the problem to be global. That was mistake. If I tested more files I would find out that the setup was ok. I did not have this problem when I played the test files before because I probably used potplayer in that time. It seems that there is something wrong in the files that makes the disturbing sound when using setup mpc-hc+reclock. If I use mpc-hc without reclock or kmplayer with reclock then there is no problem.

==
update: I communicated with mpc-hc support and they are willing to look at a sample of the suspicious video file. If someone from reclock support is willing to check the sample then please contact me and I will provide the file url.

==
update: I will not copy further updates from mpc-hc thread. Please see further updates directly here: https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/5176.

Attachments

• sound_recording.zip
    88.3 KB · Views: 4
  • reclock_log.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back