• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Distorted sound when converting Blu-Ray to .mp4

SubImp555

Hi all,

Sorry in advance if the "problem" that I am experiencing and bringing to your attention was/is already discussed in another topic. If so, it's completely my fault for overlooking that particular topic.

Has anyone else noticed that when you convert a Blu-Ray title to .mp4, the sound of the result file is somewhat distorted and slowing down/pacing up? This is particularly noticeable when music is played. The speech of the actors is normal (if I'm splitting hairs, it's not perfect) but background noises sound as if they are being played as you would hear it with your head in a bucket. Admittingly, this is a strange comparison, but I just have no better way of explaining. I didn't change/downgrade/compress the sound in the settings; I kept the audio at ACC and the channels to 5.1 384 kbps.

Am I missing something here; is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? Or, is this a (known) flaw of CloneBD that is/needs look(ed)ing into?

Please advice!

Cheers!

(&*%€!@&^:mad::banghead:
Sigh....

Ofcourse, when you post something, it is THEN that you see other postings that describe the same issues that I am experiencing...

Sorry guys! But feel free to comment here as well!

At least you searched ;) Thats a big thing! Just untick the "remove cinavia from clonebd" inside anydvd and it'll sound just fine. That sound effect is precisely why that setting is disabled by default and should NOT be enabled unless you're damn sure the title has cinavia.

Thanks Ch3vr0n; I hear ya! Nevertheless, isn't this something that should not happen in the first place? I mean, why can't I leave the option to remove Cinavia ticked in AnyDVD? There is another program that I use to convert Blu-ray titles to .mp4, is free of charge, and does not produce this issue; even with that Cinavia removal option in AnyDVD ticked. This program does not work as fast as CloneBD though (it actually takes forever to finish the job), and I want to use this fine program that I've spent my money on.

Because with that setting enabled, and taps into CloneBD's audio part and applies the removal fix. It's that fix that's causing the 'speedup' you're hearing. The 'unfortunate' thing is that AnyDVD can't know if the title actually had cinavia. All AnyDVD knows it's that the setting is active and you're downscaling in CloneBD. If those 2 requirements are true, the fix gets applied whether the title has cinavia or not.

As to your other program, that's because AnyDVD doesn't have support for removal with other programs. You may have that removal setting active but you aren't using CloneBD to create the MP4. Thus 1 of the 2 requirements to apply the removal fix is false, and it doesn't get applied. It's also unlikely AnyDVD will support met software than CloneBD, or everyone would be asking to 'add support for program X, Y or Z'.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It's loud and clear Ch3vr0n. I know that when I'm adressing you, I'm barking up the wrong tree, but nevertheless I'd like to make the suggestion that AnyDVD gets updated in such a way that it can tell if a Blu-Ray has or hasn't got the Cinavia protection, and acts accordingly by automatically changing the setting.

It's loud and clear Ch3vr0n. I know that when I'm adressing you, I'm barking up the wrong tree, but nevertheless I'd like to make the suggestion that AnyDVD gets updated in such a way that it can tell if a Blu-Ray has or hasn't got the Cinavia protection, and acts accordingly by automatically changing the setting.
I suspect that would be very difficult to do.

But since you're making MP4 files why not just leave Cinava removal disabled anyway.

I doubt that will be possible. Even just detecting cinavia requires to be able to process audio in one way or another. That's way beyond what AnyDVD is designed (or will be designed) to do. It would significantly bloat the code and just turn it into (what I think) similar dvdfab program. There's multiple ways to know if a title has it, but through AnyDVD I doubt it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back