Display original region code

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Rathbone80, May 16, 2008.

1. Rathbone80

Rathbone80 Well-Known Member

Since the new region removal features in AnyDVD HD are available, the original region isn't displayed anymore in the status tab. I need that info for my HD database. Could you put that back in please. Would be great.

Rathbone

2. SuperGoof

SuperGoof Well-Known Member

From what I know, AnyDVD does not try to determine the region of Blu-ray disc automatically anymore, because it is not feasible, especially for BD-Java titles. Instead, it asks a user about the region of the disc, and adjusts structures on the disc according to information provided by user to make the disc region-free. It actually displays region information in status window, for example "Blu-ray disc Region set to A!".

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. Rathbone80

In the lastest release it says now in the STatus window:

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 12040480 sectors (23516 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: SHINOBI
    Media is AACS protected!
    Removed AACS copy protection!
    Determined region(s): A
    Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
    Removed UOPs!
    Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!

Just to be sure: Is the red marked line the original region of the disc? If it is, I have to say: WOW, that was fast! ;)

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes. But BD discs aren't region marked, so there is a slight possibility AnyDVD can get it wrong, or can't determine the region and will ask the user.
    However, we've rewritten the region code guessing, so *if* AnyDVD determines a region, it should be correct. If AnyDVD isn't sure, it'll say so in the status window.

5. Rathbone80

Thanks for the info James!

6. Datus

Datus Well-Known Member

I set it to automatic but always pops a window asking me what the region is.
    I use region B.
    After that it remembers and works fine.

7. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Not always. ;)

EDIT: Assuming you are using the beta.

Last edited: May 19, 2008