• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Disney Plus Young Indiana Jones resolution

eracet

I don't know if I am the only one to experience this.
Seems that Young indiana jones is 640*480 Is anyone else having this or is it just me

I have them all in 1080p, I downloaded them from HBO Max before they changed to max

"Is The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on streaming? The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones will be available to stream on Disney+ on May 31, 2023. This release marks the first time the series has been officially available from Lucasfilm in 15 years.May 17, 2023"

I have been looking for this and they finally released it. Did not see it on HBO or Max.

I downloaded the series from Paramount last year, before they took it offline. It was SD, even though it was 768x576. I downloaded an episode from Disney and did a comparison. It’s 640x480 but the video bitrate is a little higher than the Paramount version. Looking at my computer screen, Disney’s is slightly better. The audio bitrate is the same.

I downloaded the series from Paramount last year, before they took it offline. It was SD, even though it was 768x576. I downloaded an episode from Disney and did a comparison. It’s 640x480 but the video bitrate is a little higher than the Paramount version. Looking at my computer screen, Disney’s is slightly better. The audio bitrate is the same.
Same conclusion. At some point, hopefully Disney will remaster it. 16mm is just shy of true 1080p, so they could do it.

Same conclusion. At some point, hopefully Disney will remaster it. 16mm is just shy of true 1080p, so they could do it.
I don't think I would class 16mm film as sub-1080p. 4K releases of 16mm films have shown more detail than 1080p releases and it's not entirely down to the higher bitrate. 16mm film sits somewhere between 1080p and 4K.

There's between 1600-2000 horizontal lines depending on the type of 16mm camera....1080p would be 1920 lines (2K)
35mm up to 4350 lines (4K)...which exceeds actual 4K by about 500 pixels, but that's wide open. Average is
closer to 3000 horizontal lines (3K)

Of course...it all depends on the camera that filmed it and the equipment that scans and transfers.
You can get 4K from 16mm and 8K from 35mm, but they are upscaled and for any type of quality, you'd need a scanner
that costs about $500K

True 8K would require 70mm (actually 65mm) film, which is typical of IMAX.

I don't think I would class 16mm film as sub-1080p. 4K releases of 16mm films have shown more detail than 1080p releases and it's not entirely down to the higher bitrate. 16mm film sits somewhere between 1080p and 4K.
I'd like to add that you are most likely referring to Super 16mm which can provide 1400 x 2490 (16:9 the table below shows 4:3). So that would fall between 2K and 4K. I would assume if the bitrate was high enough, they could technically label it 4K....God knows we have seen a lot worse than that labeled 4K.

scanning format table.png

Last edited:
Back