• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney+ limited resolution and audio bitrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
We discuss any stream and it creates web-dl.
That's not really accurate. web-dl in the sense you were mentioning it means pirated copies of movies created/acquired by other means and publicly released on the web.

AS is nearly exactly the opposite; it allows you to make offline copies, for private use only, of content you're specifically paying for access to. The former is illegal and the latter is not.

That's not really accurate. web-dl in the sense you were mentioning it means pirated copies of movies created/acquired by other means and publicly released on the web.

AS is nearly exactly the opposite; it allows you to make offline copies, for private use only, of content you're specifically paying for access to. The former is illegal and the latter is not.

Can i ask you one simple question. Did amazon or Nf or any streaming providers mentioned anywhere that you can download there streams and watch it offline on pcs or any devices ?
Streaming providers wants us to download there videos ( that too only until certain period of time), only on there Apps ( which are on mobile devices)
and all the downloads will expire after certain period

This is legal way. whatever you do apart from this will be illegal

if course i am also using this software and downloading and watching it later. but when we come terms with legality or illegality i hope you understood my point

This whole post is irrelevant to this forum. I could care less about " The Scene" whether they are screen recorded or , Nah, they are 99% screen recorded, and we don't discuss webDLs in this forum, I hope you understand that.

Facts don't change whether you care or not.

No he didn't. How is what he said a lie? Most (if not all) "web-dl's" are very much screen recorders often compressed with custom versions of the x264 and x265 command line tools. What the scene does, and how they do it doesn't belong on these boards. That's irrelevant. His post #10 is just as clear.

Well its a lie because web-dl by definition is download of the stream and NOT a capture.
I also don't get the hostility on this forum agains those. These are the benchmark if you will and they do exist. People want the best quality available (and not in a matter of "presented to a software" but "available from the streaming provider") and that's why they mention them (I assume).
The hostiliy against them with false statements leaves a strange taste, as others have mentioned. Its super easy to differentiate AS against those releases:
AS is available for everyone to buy and legal to use. The other one is neither and therefore of little use to us.

I assume the hostility is because people keep saying that software exist to dl 4K, HDR etc and redfox needs to make clear again and again that it's not possible with AS. So I assume that people who mention those should get that while it's technically possible to dl those in this quality, it's not publicly available and therefore of little use.
I'm sure that Redfox knows what's technically possible and they are trying their best to provide a greater variety of options in the future. Hell, I'm super exited that Redfox released AS because before the options were super limited! In the end we all want the same thing :)

I would like to add, that discussing 3rd party software is allowed, but we have an extra section for that. This is the AnyStream forum and that's what should be discussed.

Clarifying for those who were left with question marks after reading through this thread:

To my knowledge, there are exactly 2 including AnyStream (if anyone knows another one, I'd be curious to hear about it).

Another one is Tunes***. Not sure whether they still exist and its still possible but a few years ago I got untouched streams with it as well. However, they exclusively work with iTunes and max resolution is 1080p.

//edit:
I just checked, seems like they abandoned the product...well there goes my 50 or so euros.

Everything else are screen recorders, though they almost always hide that fact as best they can.

Absolutely agree! Very intransparent of those companies and often times they don't even offer a trial period. This is an aspect where redfox shines!

Last edited:
I would like to add, that discussing 3rd party software is allowed, but we have an extra section for that. This is the AnyStream forum and that's what should be discussed.

Clarifying for those who were left with question marks after reading through this thread:

To my knowledge, there are exactly 2 including AnyStream (if anyone knows another one, I'd be curious to hear about it).

The other is DVDFab Downloader, or now "StreamFab" (maybe it's an hommage, that they constantly are inspired by our naming, wording, ....).
From what I hear, though, it hardly works, is overpriced and doesn't fare well with the recent DRM updates.

Everything else are screen recorders, though they almost always hide that fact as best they can.

The only benefit DVDFab provides is they have a download queue and let you select multiple episodes from all seasons up front. But like you said, they're struggling with the drm changes and it's insanely overpriced and bloaty. There is a third one i've recently heard of called "myfilmdownload". However i'm unable to tell what exactly it's doing because although it definitely downloads the mp4 and audio files(maxes out my network speed in task manager), it takes a long time to actually finish processing

The only benefit DVDFab provides is they have a download queue and let you select multiple episodes from all seasons up front. But like you said, they're struggling with the drm changes and it's insanely overpriced and bloaty. There is a third one i've recently heard of called "myfilmdownload". However i'm unable to tell what exactly it's doing because although it definitely downloads the mp4 and audio files(maxes out my network speed in task manager), it takes a long time to actually finish processing

It's taking that long to process it's a screen recording converting after recording has finished.

Can i ask you one simple question. Did amazon or Nf or any streaming providers mentioned anywhere that you can download there streams and watch it offline on pcs or any devices ?
Streaming providers wants us to download there videos ( that too only until certain period of time), only on there Apps ( which are on mobile devices)
and all the downloads will expire after certain period

This is legal way. whatever you do apart from this will be illegal

if course i am also using this software and downloading and watching it later. but when we come terms with legality or illegality i hope you understood my point
You're protected by the same laws that allow DVRs to legally exist. You're essentially not doing anything a DVR doesn't do in allowing you to store content offline for personal private viewing at a time that is convenient to you. They do allow downloads, which do expire, but as long as you're paying for the access you can download it again.

It is a grey area, but one that allows software like AS and even others on major app stores to legally exist.

Definitely a lot of hostility. And that disclaimer about how to use the software is as legitimate as giving directions how to create a fertilizer bomb and then following it up with for educational purposes only,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back