• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney+ limited resolution and audio bitrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverArrow

Hello, in the latest 1.1.4.0 and 1.1.4.3 beta, Disney+ is limited to 720p. Shouldn't it provide 1080p and 4k streams? Also, the maximum audio is 5.1+ at 256kbit!

How do you know Disney will provide 1080p and 4k streams ?

There's plenty of web-dl's at those resolutions, even with Dolby Atmos 5.1 at 768kbps.
Well while we dont like to talk about that here, all web dls are Screen recorded, this program does not do that.

Sorry about the "sensitive" discussion, I'm new to AnyStream and still discovering/testing it. I thought it could handle all kinds of resolutions. As for the screen recording, I don't think they can record 4k HDR for example, the streams are direct captures without any re-encoding.

Sorry about the "sensitive" discussion, I'm new to AnyStream and still discovering/testing it. I thought it could handle all kinds of resolutions. As for the screen recording, I don't think they can record 4k HDR, for example, the streams are direct captures without any re-encoding.
AnyStream at the time being will not download in 4K. All Netflix and Amazon download, well at least 99% are in 1080P if that's what they are on the providers.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think only their own client provides higher resolution than 720 (Welcome to the world of DRM).

All you can do is hope the Wizards of Redfox's development will one day find a way around it (trust me....if there is, they will).

Sorry about the "sensitive" discussion, I'm new to AnyStream and still discovering/testing it. I thought it could handle all kinds of resolutions. As for the screen recording, I don't think they can record 4k HDR for example, the streams are direct captures without any re-encoding.

As previously discussed in other threads, AS only offers what is presented. IIRC D+ limits streams to a browser to 720p. AS is considered a browser. So, if you are using the app, yes you probably can get 1080. But if you are using Chrome on your computer, will only get 720p.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think only their own client provides higher resolution than 720 (Welcome to the world of DRM).

All you can do is hope the Wizards of Redfox's development will one day find a way around it (trust me....if there is, they will).
Disney+ currently supports two basic video resolutions: HD, or high-definition, which goes from 720p to up to 1080p (1,920-by-1,080 pixels) and SD, which is a shorthand for “standard definition”, that offers DVD-like quality at up to 720-by-480 pixels.You have to pay for 1080P downloads, you cant have the cheapo SD account.

I'm boycotting Netflix. Their leadership and some of their content is highly questionable.

This is an interesting topic I made a post about in the general chat forum. But (in my opinion) Netflix is garbage at this point. They have little content not their own which is the only thing of value on their site (the non-Netflix titles are consistently the most popular ones it seems). Their own stuff 95% of the time is trash although once in awhile they do create something worth watching. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

My point to all that is not to rag on them but to bring to light the thought process they are ironically the new Blockbuster. They adapted to a changing market too slowly and did so incorrectly. Creating a marketplace like Amazon did was the way to go and not to start to greenlight every script they could find.

From a market and industry perspective it's an interesting situation for sure but the end result for me is I too dislike Netflix and the only reason I still have a subscription is AS.

I just jumped into this conversation, but I can state that there is content on Disney+ that you can't find anywhere else (even at 480P) that is available at 720P with AnyStream. The end result is quite acceptable especially if you want the opportunity to view Disney+ offline (like I have to at times when on vacation in the boonies). My experience is that AnyStream is worth its weight in platinum and is by far rivaled by none other in terms of support and the competence of their support staff and developers. I've been using their products for many years and I've never found any better or as good with as many options as RedFox (formerly Slysoft... yes, even back then).

No 4K , and as far as I know you cant even stream Disney Plus in 1080P. I only remember that from a Reddit post about a year ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/ef5y9w/cant_stream_in_1080p_using_firefoxchromeedge_on/

I'm not sure why you are misleading people about 4K webdl being screen recorded because that would be a webrip. Just because red fox is unable to provide that resolution doesn't mean that other people or groups aren't using secret software to download in 4k. Screen recording would take as long as the run time of the video. It's impossible to screen record a 4K video in a couple of minutes from the time you click download and the time it shows up on your drive

Instead of lying to people wouldn't it be better just to say "any stream is unable to allow resolutions beyond 1080p".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back