• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney+ empty page

What is currently really happening, is not so much, that AnyStream is unstable, but more that a few providers are constantly changing and tweaking their protocols and we need to adapt AnyStream accordingly.
Disney+ (which I believe this thread is mainly about, the thread-title ambiguous) changed some internals.

That's actually my point. So yes, behind the scenes you know what the causes are and it's not the direct fault of the app. The user experience however (regardless of the reason) is that it's unstable and does not work. Evidence of this is that myself and others are saying we are not using it because it's "unstable".

Please understand I am not arguing, just trying to let you know what the perception is from the user end.

Unfortunately, this is bound to happen more or less regularly, "stable" or not.
The more providers we have, the more we're going to be chasing after changes (which are simply the providers trying to improve their stuff).
It's the way of these things. AnyDVD dealt with discs - these are standardized, will stay the same.
Streaming: providers make up their own shit. And are free to change it any way they like. Mid-game. Anytime. And they do.

It's a lot more work behind these scenes than any user will ever be able to appreciate and we're doing our best to keep downtimes low. (And it's the major reason for the pro-version)
But we need to be notified (this issue is popping up in the forum just today, even though, according to one post, it's already nearly a week old, unfortunately, we didn't notice ourselves, busy with other things momentarily).

I too, there is only one number left (1.1.5.9) till the next stable one (1.1.6.0), but since there are some bugs and the Pro version might also still be in the works it might take a while.

Sais who? If they go 1.1.5.9.x they have 10 more. Nothing sais 1.1.6.0 has to be a release either. Case and point 1131 was a fix release for 1130 (which had AMZ missing audio), by your logic above 1131 should have been a beta :). 1101, 1102 both releases, not beta's ;)

Sais who? If they go 1.1.5.9.x they have 10 more. Nothing sais 1.1.6.0 has to be a release either. Case and point 1131 was a fix release for 1130 (which had AMZ missing audio), by your logic above 1131 should have been a beta :). 1101, 1102 both releases, not beta's ;)
Yea yea I get it ;)
Can't keep track after all these versions anymore... :unsure:

Oh I had to look it myself, normally you would have been correct though. But I very vaguely remembered seeing non 0 ending releases, wasn't sure. Turns out I was right.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If v1.1.6.0 is not ready for release, then we have no qualms with naming the next version 1.1.6.1 beta.

We may as well have started from version 01, so people do not think that there have been 1,160 versions already.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DQ
Unfortunately, this is bound to happen more or less regularly, "stable" or not.
The more providers we have, the more we're going to be chasing after changes (which are simply the providers trying to improve their stuff).
It's the way of these things. AnyDVD dealt with discs - these are standardized, will stay the same.
Streaming: providers make up their own shit. And are free to change it any way they like. Mid-game. Anytime. And they do.

It's a lot more work behind these scenes than any user will ever be able to appreciate and we're doing our best to keep downtimes low. (And it's the major reason for the pro-version)
But we need to be notified (this issue is popping up in the forum just today, even though, according to one post, it's already nearly a week old, unfortunately, we didn't notice ourselves, busy with other things momentarily).

With that said, and there is nothing there I disagree with at all, maybe some additional expectation setting communicated to us the users would help? I mean in an official capacity somehow. Clearly AS is not the usual application and will suffer from obstacles due to it's "nature".

I was using beta 1.1.5.2 when I encountered the error.So I thought about looking for a new version and found the beta 1.1.5.8.
Now I have installed the latest official version (1.1.5.0) and everything works thanks.
P.S. I hope there is a new stable official release soon.
That is exactly the reason why I also had a beta installed. I have now also installed the official version 1.1.5.0 again and Disney+ works again. However, AnyStream occasionally crashes, but not very often.

To be honest I think there needs to be a stable release that does not include the new providers (or new functionality) that is also kept up to date. This could produce a more stable experience for the basic version of the program going forward. Right now it's all just a bit messy and somewhat confusing, especially if you are a newer user/customer.

Yes. THIS ^. Please!

Unfortunately, that's part of the problem. If too many people skip betas, problems don't get noticed. And everyone has to wait a bit longer for "stable".
I see.

Usually I'll download the betas, but with all the updates and what not, I've had to pause my downloads a bit.

And, I'm trying to watch the stuff that I've already downloaded.

However, I'll download this one and just try to download a AP one that I've already downloaded and send in any bug reports to RedFox.

:)

If v1.1.6.0 is not ready for release, then we have no qualms with naming the next version 1.1.6.1 beta.
IIRC with AnyDVD we had betas with .10, .11, ... as the last digit.

Yes, the version number system you use does support it. Trust me. ;)

Out of curiosity, has there been any discussion of creating an embedded reporting system in AS for (non-crash) errors that could automatically send log file info to the Redfox developers without the need to manually submit them on the forums? This is mainly a question for James/Pete.

EDIT: Sorry if this is thread highjacking. It wasn't my intention but since we're talking about the need for folks to use beta versions for a larger user base to tease out defects, thought it may be appropriate to ask here

an embedded reporting system in AS for (non-crash) errors that could automatically send log file info to the Redfox developers without the need to manually submit them on the forums
This can be a good idea, but in this case only the devs would know that there are problems, not the users.
If I see posts about Amz not loading and it is working for me I can report that and so they know that it is not for everyone. Or when there are issues with login into HBO, sure, the devs would know and can work on it, but no user would know so no one could've post the idea to click on a random series to bypass the login screen.
So yes, it would be easier for the user to send the error directly through AS, but then you can't use the power of the community ;).
In addition, using the direct report system the devs would get lots of single reports to dig through. Using the forum the user itself can comment that he has the same error or the devs can easily see that every error in this thread is caused by (x). Also, using the forum, the devs can simply make a comment in a thread that they are working on it or to give an advice to bypass/ solve it. Using the direct report system, they would have to write everyone the same message. Useless amount of work and timewaste.
And, on top of that, If I have an error (like Prime not loading) and I see that there are already threads about it I don't have to create another one. I can simply comment to one or write nothing as the others already said the same. So the devs have less to read.

But maybe it could be an idea to include the link to the AS forum within AS because maybe some users don't even know that it does exist.

Those are fair points, @DeepSpace and there are ways such a system could be implemented and still incorporate the forums. I wasn't trying to design a scheme, was just curious if the developers considered doing some form of that to make it easier to pull in more information since this is a "beta" release ;)

Back