• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney DVDs unable to be read

Archie Chen

I am trying to back up my Disney movies for travel so my kids don't trash them. But for the life of me I can't get Cars2, Cars3, Finding Nemo, Lilo and Stitch to load correctly. It just kept on scanning and scanning and scanning forever.

Any advices?

I don't know the titles anymore, but I once had a set of three discs that took 5 or 6 minutes to scan. How long did you wait?

If nothing happens after 10 minutes or so, eject the disc if any, close AnyDVD and then see if Windows itself can even recognize one of them.

Also check if your Drive's region is set correctly by just looking at the Status window of AnyDVD. If it says 0 (not set!) then you have to take action.

Disney DVD's of that time usually had some kind of advanced, messy structural protection on them. As DeepSpace said, it can take up to 5 minutes to fully scan these structurally protected discs, depending on how deep the protection goes. Follow Deep's listed advice and proceed from there.

I am trying to back up my Disney movies for travel so my kids don't trash them. But for the life of me I can't get Cars2, Cars3, Finding Nemo, Lilo and Stitch to load correctly. It just kept on scanning and scanning and scanning forever.

Any advices?
Is your drive region code set correctly? Check the AnyDVD status window without disc in the drive.

Back