Disney + Could not retrieve play list

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Will801, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Will801

Will801 Member

There have been a couple of movies in Disney + that give me the error message "Could not retrieve playlist" These are older movies that are not on the premier access list. And suggestions?

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Please upload a log file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Will801

Will801 Member

I hope this helps

Attached Files:

4. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Is it possible, that the problem goes away if you exit and restart AnyStream?

5. Will801

Will801 Member

It did for one movie "George of the Jungle" but not the original "Adventures in Babysitting"

6. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue when using a VPN but seems OK with no VPN. Hope the log might lead to a VPN friendly fix.

Attached Files:

7. Mirai

Mirai Well-Known Member

Have you tryed to login on disney+ on a browser so you know if the vpn provider works with Disney+

8. Starburst

Starburst New Member

I get the same all the time on disney - retrying a few times gets you there eventually - no VPN - strong internet connection - PC is high spec with SSDs generous memory, running Win10

Here's a log file to demonstrate (using 1.1.1.1 but earlier versions same problem) - first attempt failed (created log) - tried again and it worked.

When it does work, often seems to default to a lower resolution - but you can change it back to 1280x720 - if you're paying attention of course.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  9. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Thanks for the log file

10. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

Thanks for the logs. Looks like we've identified the issue and it should be fixed soon.

whatever_gong82 and BuddyFunJet like this.
  11. BuddyFunJet

Yes. Works fine in Chrome browser.

12. BuddyFunJet

Thanks. Looking forward to the fix.

13. Starburst

Starburst New Member

FYI - problem still there in 1.1.2.0 - tried to download a title, couldn't retrieve playlist, then created log file (attached below) - 2nd attempt in this case worked and then downloaded.
    ... also noticed still not always picking 1280x720 - possible that downloading from another provider in-between may be causing that (just observation)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  14. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

it might help to change profile, i have noticed that if i use a kids profile i might get an error even if its a kids show or movie i want to grab

RedFox 1 likes this.