• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney+ 1080p confirmed by D+ Support

Jonas_

Hi all,

I'm new to Anystream, and I've read, that Disney+ Downloads are only possible in 720p because Disney limits the Stream in Browsers to 720p. I've just contacted the Support via Chat, and she confirmed me, that Disney does not limit the Stream in the Browser to 720p but provides 1080p. (I specifically asked for a clear answer, and it was unambiguous)
Do I understand anything wrong or why are Downloads not possible in 1080p?

There's a very big difference between a standard full featured browser, and anystream. Anystream shows what it's being offered, DRM currently makes it not possible for AS to offer D+ at 1080p

There's a very big difference between a standard full featured browser, and anystream. Anystream shows what it's being offered, DRM currently makes it not possible for AS to offer D+ at 1080p
ok, thank you for that clarification

Hi all,

I'm new to Anystream, and I've read, that Disney+ Downloads are only possible in 720p because Disney limits the Stream in Browsers to 720p. I've just contacted the Support via Chat, and she confirmed me, that Disney does not limit the Stream in the Browser to 720p but provides 1080p. (I specifically asked for a clear answer, and it was unambiguous)
Which browser was she referring to? I haben't seen Disney+ in 1080p in Chrome or Firefox.

I just logged into D+ with Chrome (91.0.4472.124) and started playing an episode that offers UHD on my Fire Cube and in the Debug/Media messages for the video it only shows 1280x720. It appear the app on my iPhone (maybe mobile devices in general?) is also throttled since the app settings only have the option to show up to HD (2.0 GB/hr). The app on the Fire Cube shows up to 4K UHD (7.7GB/hr). I too am curious if the support person just had bad information about 1080p being available in a web browser or what the requirements are if they do support 1080p if certain requirements are met?

I just logged into D+ with Chrome (91.0.4472.124) and started playing an episode that offers UHD on my Fire Cube and in the Debug/Media messages for the video it only shows 1280x720. It appear the app on my iPhone (maybe mobile devices in general?) is also throttled since the app settings only have the option to show up to HD (2.0 GB/hr). The app on the Fire Cube shows up to 4K UHD (7.7GB/hr). I too am curious if the support person just had bad information about 1080p being available in a web browser or what the requirements are if they do support 1080p if certain requirements are met?
I wouldnt count on Disney 1080P anytime soon, but thats just my opinion.

Well, if you say so. How can I open the debug/media to see the resolution?
I will definitely contact the support tomorrow again

Well, if you say so. How can I open the debug/media to see the resolution?
I will definitely contact the support tomorrow again

From what I've read, their support thinks it should support 1080p in a browser but there are other posts out there where their tech support gave up trying to get it to 1080p for the customer and accepted that they don't support 1080p outside of a dedicated app. There were posts that MS Edge supported 1080p before they switched the engine to Chromium and now Edge has the same limitations as regular Chrome.

Not sure if these will be good enough instructions but here goes.. ;-)

o Click on the 3 dot's in the upper right corner for the menu. Select More Tools/Developer Tools (or just press Ctrl-Shift-I).
o In the Developer Tools window it should have a separate 3 dots for the Developer Tools menu. Click the menu there and select More Tools/Media.
That will give you a Media tab in the Developer Tools window. Select the Media tab so it's active.
o Now start playing the movie/episode you want to check in the window on the left side.
o In the Media tab on the left column there should be a Players section. Under that look for D+ | Video Player. There may be multiple but find the one that is active.
o You can see the resolution either in the Properties, Events or Messages media tabs as you select each Video Player item.

Hopefully that helps. :)

From what I've read, their support thinks it should support 1080p in a browser but there are other posts out there where their tech support gave up trying to get it to 1080p for the customer and accepted that they don't support 1080p outside of a dedicated app. There were posts that MS Edge supported 1080p before they switched the engine to Chromium and now Edge has the same limitations as regular Chrome.

Not sure if these will be good enough instructions but here goes.. ;-)

o Click on the 3 dot's in the upper right corner for the menu. Select More Tools/Developer Tools (or just press Ctrl-Shift-I).
o In the Developer Tools window it should have a separate 3 dots for the Developer Tools menu. Click the menu there and select More Tools/Media.
That will give you a Media tab in the Developer Tools window. Select the Media tab so it's active.
o Now start playing the movie/episode you want to check in the window on the left side.
o In the Media tab on the left column there should be a Players section. Under that look for D+ | Video Player. There may be multiple but find the one that is active.
o You can see the resolution either in the Properties, Events or Messages media tabs as you select each Video Player item.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Or you can just do Control+Shift+Period

The only browser I know for sure can do 1080p is Safari on Mac. Chrome definitely cannot despite what support says

im thankful to get 720p better than 480p. those that want better resolution please buy the movie. 1080p will come when it becomes available when it happens

Last edited:

The only browser I know for sure can do 1080p is Safari on Mac. Chrome definitely cannot despite what support says
Hmmm. Ctrl-Shift-. doesn't do anything for me in Chrome. I was following the Chrome menus for the hotkey. F12 should also bring up debug but Media wasn't listed by default.
I had heard about Safari supporting 1080p but didn't try it myself. That sound like Apple to give a better experience on their platforms. ;-)

Hmmm. Ctrl-Shift-. doesn't do anything for me in Chrome. I was following the Chrome menus for the hotkey. F12 should also bring up debug but Media wasn't listed by default.
I had heard about Safari supporting 1080p but didn't try it myself. That sound like Apple to give a better experience on their platforms. ;-)
It does work on Chrome. Press Control+shift+. when playing a video on Disney+

When you are watching the film from the provider maybe, but you cannot get a download of 1080P from Disney+. The download will not play as 1080P no matter what buttons you press.

Back