disks that die

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Rizak the Really Horrible, Jan 28, 2007.

1. L@TIN

L@TIN Member

I Also Recommend Verbatim, I Buy It @ Best Buy When They Are In Sale :d , I Have Try All The Dvd Media And The One Is The Best Is Ty & Verbatim... :clap: 8) :D :bowdown:

2. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

Laser light writes the media, any kind of light will over time unwrite them. Ever notice that purchased DVDs are in opaque cases? Putting a DVD in a clear jewel case is asking for it! If you want to keep them a long time, keep them in the dark.

3. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Good Point often overlooked, don't keep them in direct sunlight!:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

4. Thank you for posting the lnks, very helpfull info! My goal wasn't to argue over media, but to let you know I had no problem with my media....yet

I do, however, believe every word and links that you posted.

I think I'll look online for Verbatim's DVD-R.

Again, thanks for the post.

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Oh, I wasn't directing that comment solely at you. I find people often want to debate me concerning blank media, in general. I just honestly find it tiring. If people don't want to believe me, that's fine.

If you're not having a problem and are otherwise satisfied, I see no reason to change, yet. I do not believe in trying to force new products onto happy users.

Provided your burner supports Verbatim+R 16x media, I would look at Verbatim +R 16x instead that's made by CMC. Take a look at this post http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250 to see what to look for when buying (the Times New Roman font on "Open" and "Lock" is one important indicator, at the time of this posting, on the packaging that you're getting CMC). Then I would change the booktype of the media to "dvd-rom". I've posted how to do this in the stickies on the Clonedvd2 and Clonecd forums.

You're very welcome!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007