• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disk is Dirty

danidvd

I am at my wits end with wasting countless disks..:mad:
I was using Taiyo Yuden -R disks and ran out. In the meantime I bought a stack of Sony DVD -R's. They worked fine but I ran in to a batch where when I play it back in my Sony DVD player it says the disk is dirty. I've washed them (with soap and water because that has worked before and one actually worked when I just used water on it) but it's not consistent.
So, I had bought a stack of Memorex +RW's for recording my son's football games so I thought I'd try those on the movies that wouldn't work and they worked!!
My 100 stack shipment of the Taiyo Yuden's DVD-R 16x came today. Tried one..it said the disk was dirty in my Sony player. I tried it on the el-cheap dvd player in a different room and the dvd worked.
I just can't figure it out.
Any thoughts on why it says the disk is dirty in my Sony player when I KNOW it was recorded because it plays in my el-cheapo player. How can it be the media when it's worked before???
Would love some feedback..:bowdown:

is the bittype set to dvd-rom? (im assuming that the players are standalone - please correct me if im wrong)

I would think that if my sony was dieing i would consistently get the disk is dirty message..the disks work with backing up other movies. Plus when it doesn't work on the sony, i see if it works on another player, the cheap dvd player or my computer..if it does that's all that matters..as long as i have a backup.
i am just disappointed in the TY's considering their reputation..oh well..

Sony DVD players have always been noted , as well as several other higher dollar units,for being problematic. "Cheapo" players are much more forgiving about the brands & types of media they will play. I would put the blame on the Sony player if the media plays in other units. If the Ty media is suspect to you, return it for a refund or replacement.

Back