• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disc Vol.ID

moose

More of a "cosmetic" thing. I often rename the default Vol. ID of the discs before I start copying to ISO. In some cases discs have cryptic titles (like a catalog number instead of a title, no disc number on multi discs tv series). While the ISO is renamed fine, once mounted, the drive still shows the original Vol. ID (so does PowerDVD).

Is there a way to copy to ISO to get the changed Vol ID instead of original one?

(I know I can probably do it if I use imgburn for the actual copying, but I like keeping it simple: right click on fox, copy).

Last edited:
No, the volume label is specified during disc authoring and that's what anydvd uses and even imgburn does that. The only way you can achieve what your want is by ripping to folder structure (which is NOT the recommended way). At which point when you burn for example with imgburn, the disc volume label will be taken from the root folder name (the one holding the bdmv and certificate folder).

No, the volume label is specified during disc authoring and that's what anydvd uses and even imgburn does that. The only way you can achieve what your want is by ripping to folder structure (which is NOT the recommended way). At which point when you burn for example with imgburn, the disc volume label will be taken from the root folder name (the one holding the bdmv and certificate folder).
that's too bad. Pretty sure imgburn has a dialog to change the Vol. Id. at least if you do it from a mounted iso, didn't try directly from disc.

Only if you use build mode then and not 'burn image to disk'. If you use that one it will use iso volume label.

Only if you use build mode then and not 'burn image to disk'. If you use that one it will use iso volume label.

Yeah, "Create image file from disc" should allow me to change the Vol.ID. Never burnt a blu-ray.

More of a "cosmetic" thing. I often rename the default Vol. ID of the discs before I start copying to ISO. In some cases discs have cryptic titles (like a catalog number instead of a title, no disc number on multi discs tv series). While the ISO is renamed fine, once mounted, the drive still shows the original Vol. ID (so does PowerDVD).

Is there a way to copy to ISO to get the changed Vol ID instead of original one?

(I know I can probably do it if I use imgburn for the actual copying, but I like keeping it simple: right click on fox, copy).
AnyDVD "modifies" (virtually) in the time after you inserted the disc until it is visible to the system. So, you want to edit the volume label during this time?
(It does modify the volume label during this short time, if it is used as a copy protection, e.g. containing illegal characters)

AnyDVD "modifies" (virtually) in the time after you inserted the disc until it is visible to the system. So, you want to edit the volume label during this time?
(It does modify the volume label during this short time, if it is used as a copy protection, e.g. containing illegal characters)
I'm not sure what you are asking, I'm guessing you are saying it's not possible cause the ID is set between anydvd processing time and having it decrypted and ready to copy.

I just want to be able to give it a volume label of my own rather than use the original one. As I mentioned some volume IDs are quite cryptic, so if you mount the ISO it will show that in your drive and that's what PDVD will show too.

I've seen discs with wrong IDs (like an incorrect name of a movie cause someone made an error when authoring the disc), or sometimes with TV shows, all discs would have the same ID rather than D1/D2/D3, or just UPC/Catalog numbers like UPB92882 instead of a name.

I can do it with imgburn, but prefer using anydvd with its simple and straightforward right click and copy option, rather than launch a 2nd one (imgburn) with 3 dialog windows to get a copy going.

Last edited:
Back