• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disc Rental Services in 2021 - What do you use?

Great conversation guys. I really appreciate these sorts of discussions. As crazy as the world is these days, it's just awesome to chat with folks about stuff you like to do without any shenanigans. Many of us are from different areas of the world, speak different languages, think different things. Yet here we are, without fuss, chatting about something we find fun. This made my day.

Try trawling through ebay, there are a few goodwill stores on the west coast of the US, that have good prices from time to time.
I've done that in the past and most of the stuff is "previously viewed." Some gems, but too many for my tastes aren't worth the money even for used.

Especially used BDs I haven't had a lot of good luck with, they've been impossible to back-up due to scratches and other surface defects.

I've done that in the past and most of the stuff is "previously viewed." Some gems, but too many for my tastes aren't worth the money even for used.

Especially used BDs I haven't had a lot of good luck with, they've been impossible to back-up due to scratches and other surface defects.
Sometimes, I can use Brass cleaner, let it sit for a few minutes, buff the disc with a lint free cloth, and then I can get a ISO of the disc.

:)

Reactions: DQ
I certainly don't.

:)

But, it actually works more often than not, and I got the idea from a Google search some years ago.
I have a disc repair machine, and have taken to using Brasso on the sanding disc to make them work better. I have revived too many disc to count. Sadly so many of those discs are from the early 2000's, so the video quality is not that much better than vhs, but at least anystream will give me a chance to replace some of those movies with better quality.

Is anyone out there still renting discs?

Surprisingly I cancelled my N*flix rental service after I got the hang of AS... (y)

I may use a Redbox kiosk if something good comes out and I don't want to wait for it to be available on APV or N*flix.
The BD rentals at Redbox are only $2.50 vs. $5+ online. I have several in my area, and I can use the App to reserve a copy and just pick it up.
If I want a 3D Blu-ray, I'll just take my motorcycle (LA traffic :eek:) and visit this place located in West LA.
Code:
https://www.cinefilevideo.com/library

Reactions: DQ
Surprisingly I cancelled my N*flix rental service after I got the hang of AS... (y)

I may use a Redbox kiosk if something good comes out and I don't want to wait for it to be available on APV or N*flix.
The BD rentals at Redbox are only $2.50 vs. $5+ online. I have several in my area, and I can use the App to reserve a copy and just pick it up.
If I want a 3D Blu-ray, I'll just take my motorcycle (LA traffic :eek:) and visit this place located in West LA.
Code:
https://www.cinefilevideo.com/library

Actually I am about to cancel Netflix as well but in favor of GameFly.

Actually I am about to cancel Netflix as well but in favor of GameFly.

That looks promising. I might try it for a month to see what the turn around is.
I wouldn’t mind renting 4K.
Code:
https://www.gamefly.com/browse/movies/movies-newreleases

I've been a Netflix disc rental customer since day one. It's the only subscription I've maintained month in and month out since the early years of the DVD format. And your results may vary of course, but the discs I receive from Netflix are so clean you can eat off them. Quite impressive really. Yes, ocassionally I get a disc that is damaged or otherwise won't play. Netflix couldn't make it easier to report the issue having a replacement disc sent out. Over the years I've also had a half dozen discs or so I've mailed back that got lost in transit. I have yet to ever be charged for the given disc when this happens. (y)

Back