• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disc quality scans

coopervid

In the past you could check disc quality with OptiDriveControl and Liteon drives. However, the combination is limited to 2-layer BD discs @ 50GB max.
There is now a possiblity to check larger discs > 50GB with Vinpower VPTools in combination with a LG friendly / official drive that is flashed to LG WH16NS58 1.V5 MK firmware. The drive will still read UHDs and can also scan burned discs for quality. Anyone interested let me know.

Last edited:
I am interested in doing burned disc quality checks on 50GB+ discs as described above and in the post "The long lost art ...".

The main drives I'm finding that are flashable to the MK LG WH16NS58 V1.5 firmware (and are commonly available) are the LG WH14NS40 and WH16NS40 and ASUS BW-16D1HT, ranging in price from about $50 to $100.

Is there any reason that any of these drives is strongly preferable to the other when just used for this purpose? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Back