• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disc ID for Blu-Ray?

ocd

I know there's a standard disc ID for DVDs (IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID), but what's used for Blu-Rays? What are people using to fetch metadata for Blu-Rays?

I'm asking here because I'm not sure if I need to calculate a Blu-Ray's disc ID with the physical media in the drive, or whether I can calculate it from a protected ISO.

I know there's a standard disc ID for DVDs (IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID), but what's used for Blu-Rays? What are people using to fetch metadata for Blu-Rays?

I'm asking here because I'm not sure if I need to calculate a Blu-Ray's disc ID with the physical media in the drive, or whether I can calculate it from a protected ISO.

A simple search on this Forum or Google will perhaps give you all the info that you need.

I hope that I gave all the info that you wanted.

;)

A simple search on this Forum or Google will perhaps give you all the info that you need.
Or perhaps not. From your first link:
Ultimately, no, it's not a viable way to uniquely ID every disc out there.
From your second link:
To read the Volume ID, a cryptographic certificate (the Private Host Key) signed by the AACS LA is required.
If indeed this volume ID can be used to lookup metadata (I thought it was just used for the crypto), is there any way AnyDVD could make the ID available?

Or perhaps not. From your first link:

From your second link:

If indeed this volume ID can be used to lookup metadata (I thought it was just used for the crypto), is there any way AnyDVD could make the ID available?

You'll have to ask the mods or one of the programmers that come on here, I'm afraid.

:eek:

Back