Directors comments on Demolition Man

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Vortec MAX, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Vortec MAX

Vortec MAX Member

When I do a full "clone" using AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 and CloneDVD (latest), the Director's Comments are on by default and can not be turned off through the menu. I figured out how to do it using the "audio" button on my DVD's remote, but it is still annoying.

Is there a setting I can change or do something differently to prevent this?

Vortec MAX

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, you select the correct (or all) audio tracks in CloneDVD2.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

7. Why am I only getting Director's comments or having other audio related issues with my backup? (click the link to find out)

4. Vortec MAX

Vortec MAX Member

I read the FAQ, that is not what is happening here. I selected everything, all audio tracks and "preserve menus." The backup defaults to Directors Comments. When I use the menu on the backup DVD, it says the DC are off, so I can't change the setting through the DVD's menu. I have to use the "audio" button on my DVD players remote to toggle through the audio tracks until the right one is playing.

More than anything, I was just trying to make you aware of the problem. I can circumvent the problem by just making a backup of only the movie and audio track I desire. I did a "full" backup when this problem occurred.

Vortec MAX

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  5. Webslinger

Can you test your backup on your computer please? Does the same thing happen?

Also, Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta is available: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11503

But this isn't an Anydvd issue.

6. Vortec MAX

Vortec MAX Member

It does not do it when I play the DVD on my computer. What does this mean? My DVD player is a newer Panasonic DVD recorder with upconvert and HDMI out. It's not some dinosaur.

Vortec MAX

7. Webslinger

It means the problem is either your standalone dvd player--or a setting that needs to be changed in your standalone dvd player's setup menu (I would check for default playing of 2 channel audio or something).