• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

different frame rates with different drives

Frank Schabel

I have 2 BD drives on my computer and I just discovered that I can run two instances of Clone BD at the same time and process 2 disks at the same time. I discovered that on the same computer, using CUDA hardware acceleration, Clone BD achieves a much higher frame rate on one of the drives a LG WH 16NS40 vs the 2nd a Pioneer BDR-209B both with their most recent firmware. I don't think there is much difference in the read speeds of these 2 drives so what is the explanation?

It's simply the graphics card that can only process e.g. 100fps, so if you have one movie running, this movie will be processed at 100 fps and when you add a second movie it will be at, say, 20 fps and the first one will go down to 80fps. Only because you are using two drives you are not going to get double speed.
Not to mention the limit of your harddrive you are writing to. SSD will help much there, but you can also only write x mb, so if you add a second movie it will slow down as well.

Back