• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Differences between AnyDVD HD and dvdfab hd decoder?

jared701

Hopefully this isn't against any terms of this forum, this is not an advertisement and I saw no rule against comparisons between products.

I am wanting to back up my hd dvd collection on my computer and trying to figure out what program to use to do that/what both programs do to the file/etc. I used anydvd hd a long time ago and it worked well but now my trial period is up so I can't compare the 2. DvdFab HD decoder took around 3.5 hours to rip a hd dvd which seemed way too long. I have a 2.7gig C2D and 2 gigs of ram. I'm not sure if my hardware is why it took so long to rip or the program itself. I am using the xbox 360 add on if that makes a difference.

My main questions are what features does anydvd hd have that dvdfab does not and will anydvd rip movies faster? I know anydvd is supposed to take out the hdcp requirement from discs, but that's the only real difference I've seen, which is why I'm here to ask.

As far as I can remember DVDfab HD doesn't support the latest AACS encryption so you won't be able to decrypt newer HD DVD's and Blu-rays

DVDfab can't handle AACS. I see no evidence to suggest dvdfab is attempting to tackle BD+ either. At least Slysoft has made a commitment: click http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1099973#post1099973
dvdfab doesn't help me if I want to watch original HD-DVDs and Blu-rays on non-compliant HDMI hardware.

will anydvd rip movies faster

What difference does it make if dvdfab can't even handle AACS?

Back