Differences between AnyDVD HD and dvdfab hd decoder?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by jared701, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jared701

jared701 New Member

Hopefully this isn't against any terms of this forum, this is not an advertisement and I saw no rule against comparisons between products.

I am wanting to back up my hd dvd collection on my computer and trying to figure out what program to use to do that/what both programs do to the file/etc. I used anydvd hd a long time ago and it worked well but now my trial period is up so I can't compare the 2. DvdFab HD decoder took around 3.5 hours to rip a hd dvd which seemed way too long. I have a 2.7gig C2D and 2 gigs of ram. I'm not sure if my hardware is why it took so long to rip or the program itself. I am using the xbox 360 add on if that makes a difference.

My main questions are what features does anydvd hd have that dvdfab does not and will anydvd rip movies faster? I know anydvd is supposed to take out the hdcp requirement from discs, but that's the only real difference I've seen, which is why I'm here to ask.

2. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember DVDfab HD doesn't support the latest AACS encryption so you won't be able to decrypt newer HD DVD's and Blu-rays

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

DVDfab can't handle AACS. I see no evidence to suggest dvdfab is attempting to tackle BD+ either. At least Slysoft has made a commitment: click http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1099973#post1099973
    dvdfab doesn't help me if I want to watch original HD-DVDs and Blu-rays on non-compliant HDMI hardware.

What difference does it make if dvdfab can't even handle AACS?