• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Difference between "Region Code" and "country Code".

2-perf

Hi,

I'm sorry I looked everywhere but can't find the difference between "Remove Blu-ray Region Code" and "Remove Blu-ray country Code". Those 2 distinct options are in the section "Video Blu-ray" of AnyDVD HD's Settings.

thanks,

AnyDVD%20HD_Region-Country.png

Hi,

I'm sorry I looked everywhere but can't find the difference between "Remove Blu-ray Region Code" and "Remove Blu-ray country Code". Those 2 distinct options are in the section "Video Blu-ray" of AnyDVD HD's Settings.
Usage: Right mouse button....
To be honest, I have forgotten, what kind of check of the disc code is removed, probably for menu language.

The "Remove Blu-ray Region Code" option removes the region check which is used by studios to lock a disc to a specific region player.
However a few USA anime studios also implemented a different "Country Code" check to stop some anime discs being played outside of North American players, even if the region check was removed.
The "Remove Blu-ray country code" option removes this check so those anime discs can be played in any player.

Usage: Right mouse button....
To be honest, I have forgotten, what kind of check of the disc code is removed, probably for menu language.

It was checking PSR 19 (Country code). With the new AnyDVD country code option enabled, you had AnyDVD change it to 21843 (USA) which then "passed" any known checks.

It was checking PSR 19 (Country code). With the new AnyDVD country code option enabled, you had AnyDVD change it to 21843 (USA) which then "passed" any known checks.
Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Here is a thread about the country code:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/country-code-locked-disc.63079/

BTW, could it be made possible to set a country code other than the one of USA? Or, if the programmers don't want to add this option to AnyDVD directly, could anyone write a little tool that writes the country code into the Registry (The above-mentioned thread contents a list of country codes that can be used for this purpose).
It could be called the "AnyDVD Country-Code Tool".
Another idea: This tool could include an option to reset the Region counters of Blu-ray player software.

Thank you and many greetings, :)

Mediafox

BTW, could it be made possible to set a country code other than the one of USA? Or, if the programmers don't want to add this option to AnyDVD directly, could anyone write a little tool that writes the country code into the Registry (The above-mentioned thread contents a list of country codes that can be used for this purpose).
It could be called the "AnyDVD Country-Code Tool".
Sure, but why?

Another idea: This tool could include an option to reset the Region counters of Blu-ray player software.
I have done such a tool as a little script for all PowerDVD versions (10-17). It is here in the forum somwhere...

1. Having a tool /an option in AnyDVD to change the Blu-ray Country Code would be easier than changing the Registry value manually.

2. The tool / an option in AnyDVD could also content Region resets for other Blu-ray software (e.g. WinDVD, TMT).

1. Having a tool /an option in AnyDVD to change the Blu-ray Country Code would be easier than changing the Registry value manually.
Let me rephrase: Why do you want to change the country code?

2. The tool / an option in AnyDVD could also content Region resets for other Blu-ray software (e.g. WinDVD, TMT).
TMT is easy to change (it is in the play.ini text file), but dead & dangerous. WinDVD - no idea. As AnyDVD removes region checks, I don't see much of a point.

@James
"...but dead & dangerous."
What? I still use TMT version prior cinavia. What's dangerous? You got me triggered now...:confused:

@James
"...but dead & dangerous."
What? I still use TMT version prior cinavia. What's dangerous? You got me triggered now...:confused:
It destroys Windows 10. If you don't use Windows 10, you don't need to worry. (Although the ArcSoft "anti-tampering, anti-reverse engineering, anti-whatnot" kernel drivers are scary, regardless of OS)

Maybe it destroys Windows 10, but why worry, M$ did that long ago themself

It destroys Windows 10. If you don't use Windows 10, you don't need to worry. (Although the ArcSoft "anti-tampering, anti-reverse engineering, anti-whatnot" kernel drivers are scary, regardless of OS)
OK, I see, I use Win7 so I'm good then.
Would you recommend PowerDVD instead of TMT?
I bought it once but didn't like it that much, thought it would "take over" a lot.
I only want a clean BD-player, not all the other media releated stuff like images, audio and what not.
Probably could change some settings in registry to prevent that.

Last edited:
@James: Why do you want to change the Country Code?

I think if Blu-ray discs from countries other than USA (e.g. Japan) have the Country-Code protection, it would be good to have a tool / an option in AnyDVD to select the Country Code. This would be easier/more comfortable than having to change the Registry value manually all the time.

@James: Why do you want to change the Country Code?

I think if Blu-ray discs from countries other than USA (e.g. Japan) have the Country-Code protection,
That's the thing, they don't.
it would be good to have a tool / an option in AnyDVD to select the Country Code. This would be easier/more comfortable than having to change the Registry value manually all the time.
I am not sure, which registry value you are talking about. AFAIR the country code used when the "country checkbox" is set is currently hardcoded in AnyDVD.

In the thread

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/country-code-locked-disc.63079/

a Registry value named "bdCountryCode" is mentioned in Post #26. The value is set to the code of USA, but can be changed manually.

Post #39 contents a list of Country Codes of other countries.

I suggest an option in AnyDVD or a tool that allows to change the code to a code of another country if necessary (e.g. Japan), in other words, an option /a tool that modifies that Registry value.

Back