• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Diasble XML file generation?

dbminter

Is there a way to disable the XML file generation on ripping? I've never used the XML file and I'm not entirely sure what it is for.

Thanks!

I use AnyDVD a good bit and I have not seen these. I took a quick glance in settings and did not see that either. Where are you seeing these files and have you looked through the application to try to disable them? I just cannot recall ever seeing them normally.

EDIT -- I did find a settings panel under "Video HD DVD". You might look in there, I see some options for deleting temp files and a few other things like that.

No, it's not a HD DVD setting. And I have HD DVD processing disabled as I never use it. Since I never use it, why have it taking up resources? I did look through the settings before posting, but couldn't find anything relevant, either. The XML files are generated after ripping video to hard disk. It's an XML file in the same directory as the VIDEO_TS folder with its name being the disc label.

Is there a way to disable the XML file generation on ripping? I've never used the XML file and I'm not entirely sure what it is for.
This .xml file contains information for catalogue / database software, which otherwise would be lost after ripping (the ID to identify the title). For programs like Windows Media Center (RIP), DVD Profiler, MyMovies or similar.
I don't think you can disable it. It will only use 1 sector of harddisk space.

EDIT:
Just consider it to be a "good thing(tm)". ;)

EDIT2:
Or you can use CloneDVD2 instead for ripping DVDs. Much better. Highly recommended. With animated sheep.

Last edited:
The only reason I wanted to disable it was because I sometimes accidentally add the file to my final DVD burns. I like to be as minimalistic as possible. :)

The only reason I wanted to disable it was because I sometimes accidentally add the file to my final DVD burns. I like to be as minimalistic as possible. :)
In this case, use CloneDVD2.

Back