• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Thank you for your support, if it can be done, and that's yet to be proven, just a few disks is not proof that AACS 2.0 is cracked. There are many variations of all these discs, why can't it do them all if they have actually cracked AACS 2.0 , I am not a developer and only the developers can answer your question, but I have serious doubts that this new program being talked about can do this.For now there are not more than 20 titles in UHD 4K disks, at 50.00 each. I would like to see what happens when RedBox has them for rent, and other languages and regions are being cracked.

Thank you for your support, if it can be done, and that's yet to be proven, just a few disks is not proof that AACS 2.0 is cracked. There are many variations of all these discs, why can't it do them all if they have actually cracked AACS 2.0 , I am not a developer and only the developers can answer your question, but I have serious doubts that this new program being talked about can do this.For now there are not more than 20 titles in UHD 4K disks, at 50.00 each. I would like to see what happens when RedBox has them for rent, and other languages and regions are being cracked.

Hello,

I agree that it's unlikely they've cracked AACS 2.0, but rather feels to me like they've had a 'lucky break' that worked on a few 'weak' discs. This could leave customers stranded after parting with 199 EUR. RedFox has a much better subscription model to keep the work (cracking) going over time.

In the UK it is possible to rent 4K Blu-Ray discs from Cinema Paradiso cinemaparadiso.co.uk if that helps.

Dissapear for 2 weeks to catch an interesting read. If max says it works believe him. Curious if my old ROM would work with UHD disk..... Maybe I'll try the trial to see if the disk can be seen. Don't own a UHD ROM. Only own UHD hardware player.

Dissapear for 2 weeks to catch an interesting read. If max says it works believe him. Curious if my old ROM would work with UHD disk..... Maybe I'll try the trial to see if the disk can be seen. Don't own a UHD ROM. Only own UHD hardware player.

Pop the disc in. If it doesn't detect the disc and you can't see the folder structure then it probably won't. The ones listed as being supported will display the files and folders but won't be able to read their content due to AACS 2.0 I've got 3 Blu Ray drives and can confirm this behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right now there are only a few discs available, I would like to see all regions and rentals being done, maybe then I'll believe its possible. Anything that can be played and be copied. But to crack AACS 2.0 , I ll wait until there are way more disks available in UHD 4K.

Pop the disc in. If it doesn't detect the disc and you can't see the folder structure then it probably won't. The ones listed as being supported will display the files and folders but won't be able to read their content due to AACS 2.0 I've got 3 Blu Ray drives and can confirm this behaviour.

Stay tooned I'll test weekend. PC only. I will not use my Samsung UHD hardware player!

In one of the statements by the DeUHD developers they noted to not update the UHD drive firmware. Admittedly, I haven't been paying too much attention to information on the newer drives and have forgotten [some of] the newer mechanisms but why recommend against this? Is there a hole in the way that the drives are handling authentication, etc, that is allowing the interaction with the rest of the protected chain through the system that allows the decryption? They even recommend specific supported drives. I've never once worried about updating a Blu-ray drive firmware for fear of it causing a problem with making backups. I just found the statement interesting although I'm likely behind the curve on all of this.

As noted before, I don't believe AACS 2.0 is broken. I think they've found a flaw that circumvents it or allows keys to be leaked under the right conditions and then decryption to occur. This really makes me want to upgrade my system just to play around. Drat! I need to find me a rich individual to finance my endeavors so I can play with shiny new toys.

Hello,

I agree that it's unlikely they've cracked AACS 2.0, but rather feels to me like they've had a 'lucky break' that worked on a few 'weak' discs. This could leave customers stranded after parting with 199 EUR. RedFox has a much better subscription model to keep the work (cracking) going over time.

In the UK it is possible to rent 4K Blu-Ray discs from Cinema Paradiso cinemaparadiso.co.uk if that helps.
Why dont you test one of those discs and get back to me.

Why dont you test one of those discs and get back to me.

Because I haven't got license for DeUHD. I could test 1 title this weekend with the trial but that would be it and wouldn't add benefit here as the other posters have done the same. What exactly are you after when you say 'test'? Is there anything specific you'd like me to look out for?

In one of the statements by the DeUHD developers they noted to not update the UHD drive firmware. Admittedly, I haven't been paying too much attention to information on the newer drives and have forgotten [some of] the newer mechanisms but why recommend against this? Is there a hole in the way that the drives are handling authentication, etc, that is allowing the interaction with the rest of the protected chain through the system that allows the decryption? They even recommend specific supported drives. I've never once worried about updating a Blu-ray drive firmware for fear of it causing a problem with making backups. I just found the statement interesting although I'm likely behind the curve on all of this.

As noted before, I don't believe AACS 2.0 is broken. I think they've found a flaw that circumvents it or allows keys to be leaked under the right conditions and then decryption to occur. This really makes me want to upgrade my system just to play around. Drat! I need to find me a rich individual to finance my endeavors so I can play with shiny new toys.
You better be ready to pay 50USD for a UHD 4K disK, and one that sucks, there is not one movie on the list of 4K UHD that I have no seen or I dont want to watch much less back up. There are only a handful of 4K UHD disks available, when and if this takes off and it still works on all disks, I might believe it.

Because I haven't got license for DeUHD. I could test 1 title this weekend with the trial but that would be it and wouldn't add benefit here as the other posters have done the same. What exactly are you after when you say 'test'? Is there anything specific you'd like me to look out for?

Actual 4K decryption. If it only works on a certain few disks that they have on their list, this leaves me to believe that AACS 2.0 is not broken, they have only found the key through a loop in SGX for these disks.

About to test the fate off fast & furious on the shield, few minutes

Actual 4K decryption. If it only works on a certain few disks that they have on their list, this leaves me to believe that AACS 2.0 is not broken, they have only found the key through a loop in SGX for these disks.

Err OK I'll do something and report my findings in detail.

Regarding SGX, that's what the software player enforces rather than the disc. It's up to the software whether to obey or ignore the requirement to use SGX. If the don't then they risk their decryption key being revoked from future discs so CyberLink's players will insist on SGX. AACS 2 is enforced (built in) to the disc. SGX and HDCP 2.2 are enforced by the player.

You better be ready to pay 50USD for a UHD 4K disK, and one that sucks, their is not one movie on the list of 4K UHD that I have no seen or I dont want to watch much less back up. There are only a handful of 4K UHD disks available, when and if this takes off and it still works on all disks, I might believe it.

LOL. There are movies on the list that I enjoyed. Specifically, John Wick and the UHD release is selling for a whopping $14.99 right now. It's a great action movie for those into that type of movie and that specific movie I really loved. Nonetheless, you make a valid point. I have a couple UHD movies that I grabbed in multi-release packs when the pricing was on par with just BD. One example is the Secret Life of Pets. Not sure of which others I have, offhand, since I can't watch the UHD discs at the current time.

Last edited:
I was referring to Intel as they run the Blu-Ray content protection system (actually a subsidiary of Intel that I can't remember what the company is called).

What kind of Blu-ray content protection system are you referring to? HDCP was developed by Intel, but I doubt you mean that.

They can easily produce discs with different keys and test them out on DeUHD to see which compromised key(s) were used, and blacklist them from future discs.
Not so easily, really.
Again - all of those discs need to be publicly available, go into actual production, so the DeUHD makers can buy them, sniff the keys, etc....
In the end the actual content is encrypted with basically a single key (or a single set of keys), that will need to be derived and used by all players.

There are certain provisions for tracing compromised players - they were in the specifications for AACS1, I don't know what the status is for AACS2.
On Blu-rays they never got used, probably because they'd be an authoring horror.
But sure, there may be certain (new) means of identifying a certain player though, I don't have the full AACS2 picture.

This is why all Blu-Ray players need Internet access to download new keys from the manufacturer
Not really the reason for the Internet access requirement (after all, there's no need to actually connect the player).
For Blu-ray discs that requirement is only so the players meet the BDlive! specifications.
With BDUHD it's a bit different, as that requirement does extend to the copy protection.

What kind of Blu-ray content protection system are you referring to? HDCP was developed by Intel, but I doubt you mean that.

Not so easily, really.
Again - all of those discs need to be publicly available, go into actual production, so the DeUHD makers can buy them, sniff the keys, etc....
In the end the actual content is encrypted with basically a single key (or a single set of keys), that will need to be derived and used by all players.

There are certain provisions for tracing compromised players - they were in the specifications for AACS1, I don't know what the status is for AACS2.
On Blu-rays they never got used, probably because they'd be an authoring horror.
But sure, there may be certain (new) means of identifying a certain player though, I don't have the full AACS2 picture.

Not really the reason for the Internet access requirement (after all, there's no need to actually connect the player).
For Blu-ray discs that requirement is only so the players meet the BDlive! specifications.
With BDUHD it's a bit different, as that requirement does extend to the copy protection.

Hello Peer,

Thanks for correcting me. Just 2 things I'd like to add as I'm at work now.

> What kind of Blu-ray content protection system are you referring to? HDCP was developed by Intel, but I doubt you mean that.

I've just read up again and realised this was AACS that I was referring to. AACS was developed by a consortium which I believe was lead by Intel after it went live they created a company or group that constantly issues and revokes keys.

>Not really the reason for the Internet access requirement (after all, there's no need to actually connect the player).

Ok in that case my understanding was incorrect, however I know for sure whenever I pop a new title into the PC, PowerDVD would need to connect to their server to d/l the key to decrypt it. RedFox AnyDVD does the same if it hasn't already got the required keys within the installation. Is this not required for stand-alone hardware players?

AACS was developed by a consortium which I believe was lead by Intel after it went live they created a company or group that constantly issues and revokes keys.

That is correct. It's the AACS-LA who is responsible for these things.

whenever I pop a new title into the PC, PowerDVD would need to connect to their server to d/l the key to decrypt it. RedFox AnyDVD does the same if it hasn't already got the required keys within the installation. Is this not required for stand-alone hardware players?

No, PowerDVD doesn't need to connect to their server to decrypt a new title. Sometimes, whenever their keys get revoked (that is by default every 18 months), PowerDVD would need to be updated (that is a complete setup procedure).
But other than that it decrypts discs locally and without requiring Internet access.
There is some odd message box that pops up every now and then, saying that PowerDVD needs to download some updated stuff to play back new discs - I don't know what it's really about. It even pops up with already decrypted discs.
And you can safely dismiss it and restart the movie, then it will play (Internet connection or no). So maybe you mean that.

AnyDVD - yes. For unknown discs it needs to connect. The reason is simply so it doesn't reveal its secrets to "malevolent bystanders" ;)

Yes 4K resolution on the ripped disk or file. Ultra HD. 4K UHD (2160p) a resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9) and is one of the tworesolutions of ultra high definition television targeted towards consumer television, the other being 8K UHD which is 7680 pixels × 4320 lines (33.2 megapixels).

Back