• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

I'm happy to report that I have the LG WH16NS40 NS50 drive, and it works just fine. In addition, I can play the decrypted disk directly in PowerDVD 17, even though my drive is not technically supported, and my monitor is not HDCP 2.2 (or HDR, or even 4k). I do have a Z270 Mobo and Kaby Lake CPU, so I pass the SGX test.

I own three of the movies on their list. The first one (Fantastic Beasts) said it wasn't supported. Passengers worked. I was unable to test the 3rd, because at that point it just says you can only use 1 disc with the trial, and doesn't say if it was able to decrypt it or not.

End result: I'll be watching this. If it continues to get updates, doesn't get yanked, and gets to say 50% coverage of my 4k collection, I may purchase. Too rich to buy it right now, though, with such a high price and such low coverage.

You can get a free license: https://www.myce.com/news/free-deuhd-license-first-5-people-review-software-82607/

(I'm the owner of Myce, registered just for this because I'm incredibly curious whether this software works. To get the license, also post your experience on our forum, per the requirements noted in the news item above)

BTW if you're fast, I can get you a license right now, just PM me.

Great that we could set you up so fast. I'm back to bed it's 3:15 am here :D If there are others here who have the required hardware and an UHD Blu-ray movie, follow the instructions of the post, or if you feel it's easier, PM me on this forum and I will try to get you up and running.

(@RedFox mods, I hope you don't mind me posting all this. I thought for now, Arusoft is not a competitor ;) but I guess we all look forward to see if you can come up with something similar or even better if you have plans in that direction!)

I agree, but I still have to know if they have truly broken AACS 2.0.
I am waiting too I am very hesitant that James is correct that maybe with the massive time involved if they are not just downloading a copy from another source within a month we will know for sure.

I'm happy to report that I have the LG WH16NS40 NS50 drive, and it works just fine. In addition, I can play the decrypted disk directly in PowerDVD 17, even though my drive is not technically supported, and my monitor is not HDCP 2.2 (or HDR, or even 4k). I do have a Z270 Mobo and Kaby Lake CPU, so I pass the SGX test.

I own three of the movies on their list. The first one (Fantastic Beasts) said it wasn't supported. Passengers worked. I was unable to test the 3rd, because at that point it just says you can only use 1 disc with the trial, and doesn't say if it was able to decrypt it or not.

End result: I'll be watching this. If it continues to get updates, doesn't get yanked, and gets to say 50% coverage of my 4k collection, I may purchase. Too rich to buy it right now, though, with such a high price and such low coverage.

Yeah regarding not requiring HDCP 2.2, that's what I thought. It's the same with Blu-Ray. There's a flag in the metadata that tells PowerDVD whether to enforce it. This software alters that flag.

I have Z270 and Kaby Lake too but I can't get SGX to work. I've already installed Intel IME and proven that in my device manager. CyberLink's Advisor still says I have installed IME and SGX correctly. Already enabled in the BIOS. What I'm saying is just having your hardware doesn't mean you have SGX. It's a pain to get working and the only way to check is to run the advisor that can be downloaded from CyberLink's website.

Thanks for your detailed input that has been of great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you thought wrong. Those restrictions are embedded within PowerDVD. PDVD 17 sees an UHD disc and requires compliant hardware AND software (SGX) which is why it's specifically stated on the software requirements for PDVD 17.

Which software can you use then? None at all if you're after full menu playback etc.

Looks like you've got it wrong mate. It's only enforced by PowerDVD if the disc tells it to. The DeUHD software switches that flag to no. Like I said it's the same way RedFox's AnyDVD works with Blu-Ray to turn off protections like AACS, Cinavia, Region Lock etc. It just sets the flag to No so the player doesn't enforce it.

Your statement is true if PowerDVD 17 is used to play the UHD discs unadulterated.

I will do a test in the next days with my LG BE16NU50 and my PC, were only a Celeron CPU is installed. Playback will be done via media player.

I will do a test in the next days with my LG BE16NU50 and my PC, were only a Celeron CPU is installed. Playback will be done via media player.

What CPU are you using? If it's Kaby Lake then it should be OK as the integrated GPU can handle H.265. This is one of Kaby Lake's strengths over Skylake.

It's not a Kaby Lake model - so you think it's not possible to rip a UHD?
Otherwise I will use my laptop - CPU = Intel Core i7-7Y75. As far as I know this CPU are supporting H.265

It's not a Kaby Lake model - so you think it's not possible to rip a UHD?
Otherwise I will use my laptop - CPU = Intel Core i7-7Y75. As far as I know this CPU are supporting H.265

Ohh ripping will be fine. Any PC with a supported Blu-Ray drive will be able to run DeUHD and rip to the .iso file.

When it comes to playback, H.265 is very resource hungry because it's a very tight compression. Your Celeron's integrated GPU won't be able to do it but because DeUHD removes the Intel SGX requirement, the good news is you'll be able to use a dedicated GPU to play it back so any NVIDIA Pascal should work :)

To anyone who wants a free license, I have received more than 5 PMs already from people who want to test, so,for now there won't be any free licenses to give away.

I PMed all of the people who want to test back with their position in the waiting line and we'll have to see if any licenses are left.

I haven't heard back from Arusoft since yesterday, so it could be that they already handed out licenses themselves to people who contacted them directly as well.

If not, I will adhere to the positions in the waiting line and send a PM on how to continue!

I agree, but I still have to know if they have truly broken AACS 2.0.
No. Otherwise they would be able to support all discs.
Speculation:
I assume they have a compromised player, e.g. a jailbroken Oppo or Panasonic, or a hacked PowerDVD where they can obtain keys for individual discs. Very similar to the early BD WinDVD hack. Problem is, that you need to play the disc to retrieve the key. If this is correct, the guys providing the service need to buy every UHD Blu-ray in every variation. At the moment this is not such a problem, but if UHD gains popularity... good luck.

Ohh ripping will be fine. Any PC with a supported Blu-Ray drive will be able to run DeUHD and rip to the .iso file.

When it comes to playback, H.265 is very resource hungry because it's a very tight compression. Your Celeron's integrated GPU won't be able to do it but because DeUHD removes the Intel SGX requirement, the good news is you'll be able to use a dedicated GPU to play it back so any NVIDIA Pascal should work :)
For playback... do yourselves a favor, get an Nvidia Shield with Kodi. Fiddling with Windows, PowerDVD, refresh rates, color gamuts, HDR, .... is such a pain in the rectum. :D

No. Otherwise they would be able to support all discs.
Speculation:
I assume they have a compromised player, e.g. a jailbroken Oppo or Panasonic, or a hacked PowerDVD where they can obtain keys for individual discs. Very similar to the early BD WinDVD hack. Problem is, that you need to play the disc to retrieve the key. If this is correct, the guys providing the service need to buy every UHD Blu-ray in every variation. At the moment this is not such a problem, but if UHD gains popularity... good luck.

Or maybe an Xbone S?

Back to the WinDVD hack, the problem with that is whenever something like it happens, Intel will add the affected player's key to the revocation list of future Blu-Ray titles, which makes one wonder how much longer will this exploit be valid for.

Or maybe an Xbone S?
Maybe, but I suspect Xbox One S has tighter security than your Oppo, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Philips, ... player.
EDIT: It is in Microsoft's interest, that the One S isn't hacked, because of their games. Oppo & Co.? If they aren't violating some AACS license agreement, they don't give a shit.
Exception is maybe Sony, because they are State and Church in one person.

Back to the WinDVD hack, the problem with that is whenever something like it happens, Intel will add the affected player's key to the revocation list of future Blu-Ray titles, which makes one wonder how much longer will this exploit be valid for.
You can't revoke a player, if you don't know which one it is. ;)

You can't revoke a player, if you don't know which one it is. ;)

Hahahah that's quite simple. All they have to do is to make a set a discs, each with a different one of the commercial keys revoked and test to see which one the product fails to decrypt

Hahahah that's quite simple. All they have to do is to make a set a discs, each with a different one of the commercial keys revoked and test to see which one the product fails to decrypt
As the product only decrypts discs the makers of the product need to buy, insert in the compromised player and retrieve the key, this is a pretty worthless attempt.

EDIT:
Not to mention, a suicide attempt.
"Nice day today, let's blacklist all Samsung UHD players".
This would instantly kill the UHD format, if suddenly all Samsung customers can't playback discs anymore.

EDIT2:
Plus a lawsuit from Samsung, which Samsung would win.

Last edited:
As the product only decrypts discs the makers of the product need to buy, insert in the compromised player and retrieve the key, this is a pretty worthless attempt.

EDIT:
Not to mention, a suicide attempt.
"Nice day today, let's blacklist all Samsung UHD players".
This would instantly kill the UHD format, if suddenly all Samsung customers can't playback discs anymore.

EDIT2:
Plus a lawsuit from Samsung, which Samsung would win.

Hello James,

As you are a RedFox Developer I'm sure you know much better than I do and I don't want to argue. However this is the way I understand how it works:

>As the product only decrypts discs the makers of the product need to buy, insert in the compromised player and retrieve the key, this is a pretty worthless attempt.

I was referring to Intel as they run the Blu-Ray content protection system (actually a subsidiary of Intel that I can't remember what the company is called). They can easily produce discs with different keys and test them out on DeUHD to see which compromised key(s) were used, and blacklist them from future discs. This company works actively to identify compromised players and revokes their keys etc.

>"Nice day today, let's blacklist all Samsung UHD players".

This is exactly what they did in the past. They'll blacklist the player's key and wait for the manufacturer to fix the flaw before re-issuing them a new key that isn't revoked. This is why all Blu-Ray players need Internet access to download new keys from the manufacturer whenever theirs get revoked for one reason or another. Also note that different player models by the same manufacturer probably have different keys thus only specific model lines would be affected.

This was my understanding anyway, and I do apologise if any of it is incorrect.

Kind Regards.

Last edited:
James,

On a more important note, does RedFox have any plans to support 4K UHD discs with AnyDVD HD? I would happily pay for this as I have complete trust in your company and have been a subscriber for many years.

Thanks.

Back