• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Yes, you will still need it. SGX and HDCP 2.2 are UHD requirements for UHD playback in PowerDVD 17. No amount of decrypted source will remove those requiresments from PowerDVD.

I thought this is driven by a flag switch on the disc that tells the software whether to check for SGX and HDCP. If I understand correctly, this is how it worked with the normal Blu-Ray and why AnyDVD HD is able to disable those copy protection features by modifying the flags on the fly.

In that case, what software can I use to play these 4K discs with DeUHD and get away with using my NVIDIA card and HDCP 2.1 monitor?

Thanks again.

I thought this is driven by a flag switch on the disc that tells the software whether to check for SGX and HDCP. If I understand correctly, this is how it worked with the normal Blu-Ray and why AnyDVD HD is able to disable those copy protection features by modifying the flags on the fly.

In that case, what software can I use to play these 4K discs with DeUHD and get away with using my NVIDIA card and HDCP 2.1 monitor?

Thanks again.

MPC-BE + madvr
you wont get the menu but you can play the movie in HDR

Thanks again.

you thought wrong. Those restrictions are embedded within PowerDVD. PDVD 17 sees an UHD disc and requires compliant hardware AND software (SGX) which is why it's specifically stated on the software requirements for PDVD 17.

Which software can you use then? None at all if you're after full menu playback etc.

MPC-BE + madvr
you wont get the menu but you can play the movie in HDR

MPC + MadVR= picture quality heaven....

And nobody cares about menus considering UHD discs don't have any special feature...

And nobody cares about menus considering UHD discs don't have any special feature...

and you base that on what facts exactly? Seeing as normal blu-rays have special features, i doubt UHD ones wouldn't have.

[TANGENT]

I believe the industry ruined menus when they went full-blown stupid with Blu-ray menus. Old DVD menus were okay and I always liked to retain menus. With Blu-ray much of the time it's a bunch of annoying garbage and all my Blu-ray backups are movie-only. I see no reason to change with UHD when the time comes. I usually watch the bonus features once using the original and then safely file away the disc and just watch the movie on my backups.

[/TANGENT]

I am waiting to see a broad pool of users with all different movies and hardware report back on the results of their tests. Until there is empirical proof I'm taking the stance that AACS 2.0 is unbroken and that DeUHD isn't all it's cracked up to be. Pun intended, of course.

you thought wrong. Those restrictions are embedded within PowerDVD. PDVD 17 sees an UHD disc and requires compliant hardware AND software (SGX) which is why it's specifically stated on the software requirements for PDVD 17.

Which software can you use then? None at all if you're after full menu playback etc.
U can load the ISO in powerdvd 17 it does work with full menu support on a none complaint none sgx ,it's the disc that can't play properly it stutters but plays, ISO play fine.
From what I'm seeing it bypasses the sgx requirement for both disc & ISO.
Don't think the movie studios/powerdvd
factored that when the disc is played as a ISO to trigger sgx requirements

Last edited:
Even UHD ISO ripped without this software loads in powerdvd DVD 17.
On none compliant sgx systems.
But not the UHD disc in this way.

U can load the ISO in powerdvd 17 it does work with full menu support on a none complaint none sgx ,it's the disc that can't play properly it stutters but plays, ISO play fine.
From what I'm seeing it bypasses the sgx requirement for both disc & ISO.
Don't think the movie studios/powerdvd
factored that when the disc is played as a ISO to trigger sgx requirements
... and if this behavior is true - and I have no reason not to believe it is - this might change in a future version of PowerDVD. I can easily see this being seen as a threat by the industry.

Last edited:
Even UHD ISO ripped without this software loads in powerdvd DVD 17.
On none compliant sgx systems.
But not the UHD disc in this way.

Hello,

Ahh that's great. Did you try / witness this yourself? If so, what software did you use to mount the .iso file? In the past I've found that some ones work for Blu-Ray but not others. I'm just wondering which one you used that caused PowerDVD 17 to 'know' it isn't a physical UHD disc.

Thanks.

and you base that on what facts exactly? Seeing as normal blu-rays have special features, i doubt UHD ones wouldn't have.

They have special features, but those are in the standard Blu-ray that comes together in the package. the UHD disc is movie-only (maybe with an audio commentary)

Tested Prometheus, testing the fate off fast & furious
data comparison & quality de-uhd rip VS captured rip.

Ahh thanks. This is MPC-HC right? I'm using MPC-HC with madVR, not MPC-BE. I hope it'll work just as well as MPC-BE.

I'm happy to report that I have the LG WH16NS40 NS50 drive, and it works just fine. In addition, I can play the decrypted disk directly in PowerDVD 17, even though my drive is not technically supported, and my monitor is not HDCP 2.2 (or HDR, or even 4k). I do have a Z270 Mobo and Kaby Lake CPU, so I pass the SGX test.

I own three of the movies on their list. The first one (Fantastic Beasts) said it wasn't supported. Passengers worked. I was unable to test the 3rd, because at that point it just says you can only use 1 disc with the trial, and doesn't say if it was able to decrypt it or not.

End result: I'll be watching this. If it continues to get updates, doesn't get yanked, and gets to say 50% coverage of my 4k collection, I may purchase. Too rich to buy it right now, though, with such a high price and such low coverage.

I'm happy to report that I have the LG WH16NS40 NS50 drive, and it works just fine. In addition, I can play the decrypted disk directly in PowerDVD 17, even though my drive is not technically supported, and my monitor is not HDCP 2.2 (or HDR, or even 4k). I do have a Z270 Mobo and Kaby Lake CPU, so I pass the SGX test.

I own three of the movies on their list. The first one (Fantastic Beasts) said it wasn't supported. Passengers worked. I was unable to test the 3rd, because at that point it just says you can only use 1 disc with the trial, and doesn't say if it was able to decrypt it or not.

End result: I'll be watching this. If it continues to get updates, doesn't get yanked, and gets to say 50% coverage of my 4k collection, I may purchase. Too rich to buy it right now, though, with such a high price and such low coverage.

Will it let you rip that same disc over again? Can you start ripping it(once it has downloaded the encryption keys) and while it's in progress, disable your NIC?

Will it let you rip that same disc over again? Can you start ripping it(once it has downloaded the encryption keys) and while it's in progress, disable your NIC?
Yes, I can rip the same disk over again (I haven't completed a full rip yet, so this isn't 100% certain, but I've played the disc with PowerDVD, MPC-HC, and multiple restarts of Rip to Hard Disk...). If I disable all network access it doesn't interrupt a rip in progress, and I can even cancel and restart it, but if I remove the disc and re-insert it, it requires a network connection before it will decrypt it again.

Yes, I can rip the same disk over again (I haven't completed a full rip yet, so this isn't 100% certain, but I've played the disc with PowerDVD, MPC-HC, and multiple restarts of Rip to Hard Disk...). If I disable all network access it doesn't interrupt a rip in progress, and I can even cancel and restart it, but if I remove the disc and re-insert it, it requires a network connection before it will decrypt it again.

So then they definitely have the keys... somehow.

Oh, and MKVToolNix, but the remux stalled out at 7%, presumably because I had hit the 8-10 minute limit so DeUHD was delivering garbage, and MKVToolNix couldn't parse the m2ts anymore.

So then they definitely have the keys... somehow.
Oh yeah, they're definitely not downloading it off the internet on the sly. When I first installed it, it was SUPER slow whenever I tried to do anything, and I could hear my drive seeking like crazy. I had to crack open Process Monitor, to discover explorer.exe was reading stuff (presumably to generate thumbnails?). Once I killed that process, it can mostly keep up with realtime. I'm currently ripping at 3.96MB/s, and my network is idle (under 100Kbps).

I'm not an AACS expert, so I don't know if this even makes sense, but my guess is they've found a way to steal the individual volume keys out of PowerDVD's memory, and are just building a database of them, and distributing them to the client when you put a disc in. I don't have time to do network captures (and/or set up a MITM that they may or may not be able to detect and stop) to try and figure out what their server communications are.

Whether or not the software fully works is still debatable. But, if there is a flaw that they are exploiting to do decryption then everyone testing the 10 minute trial could be sending back keys to them for the discs being tested. Be interesting if someone analyzed the traffic for that but I would expect it to be encrypted so who knows.

Whether or not the software fully works is still debatable. But, if there is a flaw that they are exploiting to do decryption then everyone testing the 10 minute trial could be sending back keys to them for the discs being tested. Be interesting if someone analyzed the traffic for that but I would expect it to be encrypted so who knows.
It's possible. When you insert an unsupported disc it just asks you for the title of the disc, and something else (I can't remember, and I can't get to that screen anymore because I'm now locked to my one disc). If people want to donate to me (BTC - 1An8E3eyWuAZ7PG7CsDMbsTjpLbXXaTVqS ), and I get to ~$100 USD, I'll foot the rest and buy the full version for further testing. It might be a while for me to get to it though - I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. Oh, and I will NOT be posting full rips of any discs I get in this process, so please don't ask.

Back