• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Reading about the mandatory internet connection and the very long rip times and I keep thinking what James mentioned earlier:

Is there a possibility that it is just downloading files from the net?

Did we cleared this out?

Reading about the mandatory internet connection and the very long rip times and I keep thinking what James mentioned earlier:

Is there a possibility that it is just downloading files from the net?

Did we cleared this out?
no because you'll clearly see the BD-ROM activity light.

Also, no because the mandatory Internet connection is only required at the start (I guess to download the Private Keys). This is the same thing RedFox's AnyDVD HD does for discs which the local software can't decrypt without downloading keys from the server. Once the disc has been initialised by DeUHD you can disconnect from the Internet. The other reason DeUHD needs Internet access is to check your license status with its server.

You don’t have a supported GPU and you are getting a blanc screen.

What more do you need in order to think that the GPU is the problem?

If you need PDVD to “tell” you, just run the BD Advisor and you will see GPU failing in red (actually I think that you already did that)

This is normal / expected PDVD 17 behavior when you try to play UHD BD structure (not just the m2ts file) and I don’t see how DeUHD was anything to do with that (proof - not speculation)
Hmm OK thanks. I'll try a different disc (which is on the way in the post) this weekend with the new version of DeUHD just to confirm this.

no because you'll clearly see the BD-ROM activity light.

Also, no because the mandatory Internet connection is only required at the start (I guess to download the Private Keys). This is the same thing RedFox's AnyDVD HD does for discs which the local software can't decrypt without downloading keys from the server. Once the disc has been initialised by DeUHD you can disconnect from the Internet. The other reason DeUHD needs Internet access is to check your license status with its server.

OK

Did you try to disable internet connection while ripping to see if it finishes correctly?

Hmm OK thanks. I'll try a different disc (which is on the way in the post) this weekend with the new version of DeUHD just to confirm this.

This is not a matter of a specific disc and (most probably) of DeUHD version

I see lots people complaining about DeUHD but firsly if you can afford UHD blurays then 200 $ must not be a lot for you, secondly, DeUHD is nice enough to sell a way for the mass/public to do rips of their UHD none did this until now, people need to understand that only DeUHD have the skills and the knowledge to decrypt and allow you to rip them? Where is your so beloved RedFox and others? Nowhere.

>people need to understand that only DeUHD have the skills and the knowledge to decrypt
"Terminal" is releasing rips of discs that are not supported by DeUHD..
Clearly they have their own tools and skills and I am pretty sure they have better skills than DeUHD.

>Did you try to disable internet connection while ripping to see if it finishes correctly?
Once it starts decoding it does not need the connection. However, it does for sure need the connection to get the program started and discs decoded. (=server gone, $200 gone)

I see lots people complaining about DeUHD but firsly if you can afford UHD blurays then 200 $ must not be a lot for you, secondly, DeUHD is nice enough to sell a way for the mass/public to do rips of their UHD none did this until now, people need to understand that only DeUHD have the skills and the knowledge to decrypt and allow you to rip them? Where is your so beloved RedFox and others? Nowhere.

1. Given the state of the release of DeUHD it could be viewed as an open testing process. Release a build to the masses and let them shake out issues. That's perfectly fine.
  2. The limitations of the trial are still pretty stringent even with the release of v1.0.0.2.
  3. The asking price for the full license is not mere pocket change.
  4. The slow speed of the process adds further to issues with some users.
  5. The company is one that people have no history of knowledge for so to gauge them based on reputation is impossible. Without a past reputation it will take time to gain a reputation, respect, and integrity. These must be earned. It comes with the territory and this is a given.
  6. The fact that only limited UHD discs are supported using a limited number of UHD or BDXL drives is something that is hard to overlook even if they are actively adding support for new UHD releases.
  7. It's quite natural to question the veracity of the claims being made that AACS 2.0 is "broken" and whether the method being used can be closed in the future.
  8. In a community where decryption of DVD and Blu-ray discs has been going on a long time it is expected that there will be people who ask many questions, are skeptical, make positive comments, and criticize based upon what they see, think, observe, experience, etc.
  9. It's quite ballsy to make a statement like you did in the RedFox forums as to "where the much beloved RedFox and others" is. You do understand the concept of analysis, comparison, critiquing, hypothesis, and discussion correct?
The developers behind DeUHD appear to have a nice thing going. I hope they continue to perfect their technique and that it's being accomplished in a manner that can resist attempts to block it by the industry on all fronts both legal and technical. But, make no mistake, that it is a business venture and there is money to be made. Money makes the world go 'round. Do not expect people to bend the knee and kiss the ring simply because they are "nice enough to sell" the privilege of using the software to the masses.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I have little technical knowledge but I am interested in the making of back up copies of UHD Blu-ray discs and have followed the above posts with interest. What I don't understand is why this product does not require the equivalent of a CloneBD UHD product.

Simple, because it's not a compression/conversion tool like CloneBD. It's the "equivalent" of AnyDVD HD, it only "decrypts" / rips. Nothing more. You don't see AnyDVD depending on CloneBD to work do you ;). All that tool currently allows you do do (so far?/apparently), is rip 1:1 unencrypted. That's it.

Simple, because it's not a compression/conversion tool like CloneBD. It's the "equivalent" of AnyDVD HD, it only "decrypts" / rips. Nothing more. You don't see AnyDVD depending on CloneBD to work do you ;). All that tool currently allows you do do (so far?/apparently), is rip 1:1 unencrypted. That's it.

Yup and to make a backup disc you'll still need to use a software to burn the image that DeUHD creates to a blank disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Imgburn can do that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Yeah loads of options. I personally use Free ISO Burner as it's 100% portable, i.e. No installation required

So if that's the case i can rip UHD and play it back in my Oppo 203/205 all day long, Only problem is what am i saving. Best Buy sells UHD Discs with BR Disc combo for 14.99 and up. It would cost more to make a copy to a blank. Then again the program is limited on what movies at this time it can rip and a company with no solid reputation. If it could do anyone you fed it that would be a different story. Folder playback or ISO playback would be sweet but that can't happen in the Oppo 203/205 world.

ImgBurn non better hands down.

So if that's the case i can rip UHD and play it back in my Oppo 203/205 all day long, Only problem is what am i saving. Best Buy sells UHD Discs with BR Disc combo for 14.99 and up. It would cost more to make a copy to a blank. Then again the program is limited on what movies at this time it can rip and a company with no solid reputation. If it could do anyone you fed it that would be a different story. Folder playback or ISO playback would be sweet but that can't happen in the Oppo 203/205 world.

ImgBurn non better hands down.

DeUHD isn't a solution for everyone but it'll have its market. For someone who wants to watch 4K Blu-Ray discs on their gaming PCs there's no other option at the moment other than this tool.

DeUHD isn't a solution for everyone but it'll have its market. For someone who wants to watch 4K Blu-Ray discs on their gaming PCs there's no other option at the moment other than this tool.

Your correct to a point until MAYBE someone else does it better. You never know, If it ripped any UHD Disc and was a known establishment i would buy it as long as i could use a computer for UHD Folder/ISO playback. Until then i'm not missing a thing.

This is not a matter of a specific disc and (most probably) of DeUHD version

Hi,

Help me to understand something in the meantime. With DeUHD I can play the movie's .m2ts file directly on MPC-HC at full 4K res and HDR, but not PowerDVD. Anyway, I can't play the .m2ts file of DeUHD wasn't running. So what 'contribution' does the tool make? If it's just cracking AACS 2 then does it mean that if I buy the Pioneer AACS 2.0 drive then I'll be able to play all movies using MPC-HC without using DeUHD? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Back