• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Desktop shortcut doesn't work

Dylan72

64Bit Windows 7.

GameJackal 4.1.1.7

I created a profile for "Book of Unwritten Tales" which works fine from inside the GameJackal application.

When I right-click on the profile and select "Create Desktop Shortcut" and click on "Create" button in the pop-up window, a desktop shortcut to "Book of Unwritten Tales" is created on my desktop, with the correct icon.

If I double-click on the shortcut, I get a pop up message saying:
"The requested profile does not exist, you may need to re-create the desktop shortcut for this profile."

If I recreate the shortcut, I get the same problem.

I tried switching on advanced logging, but there are no log entries pertaining to this issue on the log for the game.

Here is the shortcut target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\Game Jackal v4\Manager.exe" /activate "41125-9403928588-4117|Book of Unwritten Tales"

I only have one other game in GameJackal at the moment (Burnout Paradise), and it seems to have the same problem. If I create a desktop shortcut, it doesn't work.

I have a profile for Batman Arkham City as well, but I don't use it because it doesn't work at all. (See other thread for that one...)

I too am having the same symptoms except the game in question is Star Wars Battlefront on Windows XP Pro Game Jackal 4.1.1.7. Anyone else having these difficulties and have a solution?

Sorry if this is a bit of a bump, but I am having the exact same issue. Trying to create a shortcut for the sims 3 pets, and gamejackal is giving the same error.

Same issue after replacing hard drive

I recently changed my rig and hard drive and cloned my new drive from my old drive. Before that happened I had no problems but after the change some of my games didn't work at all, probably because the games knew they were installed on a different computer. Anyway, now I've noticed that for some of the games that did work, Indigo Prophecy, Bioshock and MechWarrior 4, if I created a desktop icon I get the same error even though the game runs from the GJ screen. This appears to be a fairly old thread, just wondering if SS is working on this problem?

There is no known issue with shortcuts. Can you do the following.
1) Right-click the shortcut, and grab the text.
2) Open the GJ diag app and run it, PM me the diag log file.

Back