• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Descriptive Narrative - talking during playback

azwatsonw

Does CloneDVD2 allow removing the Descriptive Narrative - or people talking while trying to watch a movie? I have encountered lots of DVD's that have this problem. I found in the setup a place that should turn off the narrative but when I turn it off, the narrative still plays. It's impossible to hear the audio from the movie when these idiots are talking. I am using AnyDVD HD V-8.6.2.0.

Does CloneDVD2 allow removing the Descriptive Narrative - or people talking while trying to watch a movie? I have encountered lots of DVD's that have this problem. I found in the setup a place that should turn off the narrative but when I turn it off, the narrative still plays. It's impossible to hear the audio from the movie when these idiots are talking. I am using AnyDVD HD V-8.6.2.0.
Of course. Just play it with VLC, identify the audio track and leave it off the copy.

Of course. Just play it with VLC, identify the audio track and leave it off the copy.
Here is an update. I played the original disc using Cyberlink PowerDVD15. The movie played perfectly. I Then copied the disc then played the copy. Now there is a lady talking on the copy, describing what is going on like a blind person is watching the movie and needs the descriptive narrative. CloneDVD2 changed the movie so that the narrative plays. Any thoughts? I sure would like to get this fixed. I'm considering installing an older version of CloneDVD2.

I didn't find any file using VLC that had descriptive narrative. there were two folders on the disc, one for audio - which was empty, and one for Video. I played every file in the video folder and there was nothing...

Here is an update. I played the original disc using Cyberlink PowerDVD15. The movie played perfectly. I Then copied the disc then played the copy. Now there is a lady talking on the copy, describing what is going on like a blind person is watching the movie and needs the descriptive narrative. CloneDVD2 changed the movie so that the narrative plays. Any thoughts? I sure would like to get this fixed. I'm considering installing an older version of CloneDVD2.
ANOTHER UPDATE - I have two computers and two AnyDVDHD, and two CloneDVD2 Licenses. I made a second copy of the movie (FireStarter) on my other computer. The copy DOES NOT have the descriptive narrative on it. Now I'm really lost. I have the latest version of AnyDVDHD installed on both computers.

I've found it slightly easier to determine audio tracks using MPC-HC or MPC-BE.

MPC has the advantage of DVD playback act as if it were a table-top player, VLC plays a stripped-down DVD experience.

MPC makes it easier to identify content I want to remove with VobBlanker, even items that aren't listed on the CloneDVD stream menu.

I uninstalled AnyDVD HD then reinstalled it. I then made a copy of 'The Devil You Know' - and the director is still talking. It didn't do any good to reinstall the application.
Any Thoughts anyone?

The problem isn't with AnyDVD, that doesn't touch the audio streams. CloneDVD2 is where the problem is erupting, CloneDVD2 allows you to deselect audio streams. Check exactly what streams you are removing from the backup.

And to answer your initial query....

Yes, CloneDVD2 will allow you to remove/not backup the Descriptive Audio stream if you want. You have to identify what the stream is.

Back