• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Deja Vu - Unrippable?

joeyooser

I've tried ripping deja vu using 3 different versions of AnyDVD, all with the same result, using the 'Rip Video to Hard Disk' option when you right-click on the fox icon. The rip finishes, but if you try to watch it on the HD, or burn it to a disc using Shrink, it skips around and misses big blocks of the movie. I'm even seeing 'behind the scenes' clips mixed in with the movie, but with the movie sound track continuing to play.

What I mean is, you watch the movie and as it cuts to different scenes, there may be missing scenes or randomly inserted 'behind the scenes' footage.

What am I missing here?

Virtually everything was already covered in my initial post. Here is the status info:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A UDS1 2005/05/30 14:16
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2010480 sectors (3926 MBytes)
Total size: 4003355 sectors (7819 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DEJA_VU_US_16X9
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I've tried ripping deja vu using 3 different versions of AnyDVD, all with the same result, using the 'Rip Video to Hard Disk' option when you right-click on the fox icon. The rip finishes, but if you try to watch it on the HD, or burn it to a disc using Shrink, it skips around and misses big blocks of the movie. I'm even seeing 'behind the scenes' clips mixed in with the movie, but with the movie sound track continuing to play.

What I mean is, you watch the movie and as it cuts to different scenes, there may be missing scenes or randomly inserted 'behind the scenes' footage.

What am I missing here?

You need to select the other title. I can't recall if it's 1 0r 2. One has all the junk you are seeing and the other doesn't.

Title 2 is the movie plus commentary & behind-the-scenes. Title 1 is the theatrical release. You are watching Title 2 apparently. To access this from the retail disc you have to turn on the Surveillance Window under the bonus features and then access it that way. Title 1 is accessed by simply playing the movie from the main menu.

Last edited:
i did deja vu never had problem so dont see what everyones talking about title 1 and 2

Title 2 is the movie plus commentary & behind-the-scenes. Title 1 is the theatrical release. You can, in fact, make a backup of this disc. You simply need to pay attention to what you're doing.

Oh, I misinterpreted what the OP meant by "skips around". :doh:
Thanks

i did deja vu never had problem so dont see what everyones talking about title 1 and 2

Because a lot of people make a movie-only backup and they are picking Title 2 which is the wrong title. Read through all the forum postings by all the people who screwed this up. Apparently people are still making the same mistake.

Look at your disc more closely and see how they did the layout of the titles and features and you'll understand. Title 2 is seen as being the larger and main title by CloneDVD. Again, it's not the correct title to copy if you don't want the bonus features. A 1:1 copy with CloneCD to a DVD DL blank won't lead to this confusion.

i have been backing up my movies for 2 years never had problem with any except saw 3 til fix came along dont understand half the problems people having knock on wood i still never get any

I use Nero recode to rip movies with AnyDVD fired up of course. When Recode tells me there is more than 1 title,I close it and open with Shrink. Choose to re-author(of course) then check both titles offered and pick the one obviously the main movie. Then back to recode and just select the correct title and proceed. Had no problem with Dè jávu among others using this method...

Back