• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Defective UHD friendly drive

Now that RedFox has added some nice feature, e.g. people who accidently flashed firmware from another UHD-friendly unit who lost their original dump, now can rip their UHDs without issues from now on? :)
(I know when flashed over a Clean firmware it would defintely perhaps still not work)

If you lost the individual laser cal. data stored in the eeprom, I do think that the drive don't read nothing anymore ...

It is a different thing: my drive do worked perfectly apart the Anydvd bd-uhd error ( before the last two beta that warns but does ignore that error )

No, I'm not certain you understood the question fully, I read from TeddyRaspin that if you clone over the entire firmware from one unit to another unit, it has has identical laser calibration data and drv-value.
That would mean the other drive now has wrong drv-value, at least it has a drv-information and laser calibration data stored in the EEPROM.

And afaik I know from Teddy or tourist that it was seen such cloned-UHD-drives-firmwares still able to at least to calibrate the laser to read/write some discs, but UHDs no longer working, at least before RedFox did the change.

Now my question, does reading UHDs now work with with eg. (fully) fully cloned firmware on other unit, that then of course has a wrong drv-value??

OK if noone knows, I'll have to clone over firmware into one BH16NS55 EEPROM, and check it with AnyDVD, not come in touch with UHDs yet.
At least no problem I have multiple backup of my units original firmwares to restore them ;)

Just out of curiosity, I'n not in that potential situation dilemma.
It just could be interesting to other in that situation, maybe they now have luck with the recent change from RedFox. Maybe not, that's why I'm asking, Thank you.

As there are some people, who are in that lost original-firmware -dilemma, but as a last resort flashed over a cloned firmware. So some info to this might be helpful. :)
And noone has clarified that yet, either the answer appears obvious to them, that it is working or not working now with a cloned firmware.

Did you mess with the firmware? Because the above is your problem right there. The drive's unique DV value doesn't match the signature expected, and thus decryption fails.

That needs to be fixed first, or no uhd disc will work for you. Supported by the OPD or not.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Because both programs don't check that verification value. AnyDVD currently assumes, that there is no point in continuing in that case and aborts the process.
The upcoming version will merely warn, that the drive sends an invalid signature, but attempt decryption anyway.
Let's see what happens then.

I have tested the beta and it works perfectly: it warns of the problem but then all works, I am playing the BD-UHD disk without any problem.

Now Resolved/circumvented older problem:

I Have an LG 16Ns55 that gives almost always this error in anydvd when inserting in it a UHD-BD:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.3, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 30822432 sectors (60200 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: STAR TREK BEYOND
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
Drive's signature of the Dv value seems incorrect (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

The strange thing is that the same drive works perfectly ripping the same disks using MAKEMKV or DEUHD

Some idea of the reason of this?

So I'd guess it's working now also with (fully) duplicate drive's firmwares.;)

Cheers,
theosch

Last edited:
Back