• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Default Configuration Warning ??

DaGoatRancher

In the bottom left corner of the AnyDVD program window there is a "Default" button which defaults the configuration. If you press this button there is no warning that asks if you really want to default the config. It just does it. Can RedFox consider adding a warning pop up in case you accidentally press this "Default" button? Thanks.

Interesting and just now found this remarkable path back :).

What would be even better would be the option to create preset configurations. Imagine a button with called 'profiles' or 'presets' that way one can toggle bck and forth between the default configuration and custom configuration very easily which should help once attempting to assess a disc issue without a fuss.

I'm not sure how the log files work exactly but I guess that data can then be attached to the log files so that developers can better assess the issue and deduce if a particular setting/feature is causing the problem. It would also help so users don't have to remember all their settings or take screen caps (as I would do) of all my options so I can easily go back to my configuration prior to setting it to default when I need to.

It doesn't seem to bloaty but I am not sure if anyone else would benefit from such a small amendment.

In the bottom left corner of the AnyDVD program window there is a "Default" button which defaults the configuration. If you press this button there is no warning that asks if you really want to default the config. It just does it.
No, it does not. Unless you continue and click "OK". If you clicked "Default" by mistake, click "Cancel".

No, it does not. Unless you continue and click "OK". If you clicked "Default" by mistake, click "Cancel".

I click "Default" and immediately my config is defaulted. I understand what you are saying, but it is not intuitive. Nothing to tell you that clicking OK is related to saving already defaulted config. Nothing to tell you pressing cancel will cancel the config changes that were just made. Nothing that tells you if you accidentally clicked default to even know that it did anything. There needs to be something that tells you that you just clicked the default button either by mistake or on purpose. I routinely click OK just to exit the program from the screen. You get my point?? Thanks.

I click "Default" and immediately my config is defaulted. I understand what you are saying, but it is not intuitive. Nothing to tell you that clicking OK is related to saving already defaulted config. Nothing to tell you pressing cancel will cancel the config changes that were just made. Nothing that tells you if you accidentally clicked default to even know that it did anything.
The right mouse button does. ;)

EDIT: Of course it is defaulted, you just clicked "default". Now you can look at the settings. You can even make adjustments to the default config. If you like what you see, click "OK", else "cancel".
I find this quite intuitive. But opinions may differ.

The right mouse button does. ;)

EDIT: Of course it is defaulted, you just clicked "default". Now you can look at the settings. You can even make adjustments to the default config. If you like what you see, click "OK", else "cancel".
I find this quite intuitive. But opinions may differ.

Yes. I think opinions will differ. Right click is definitely a friend, but wouldn't think to right click on those buttons to see the function. Thanks for your input. I understand it better now.

Back