• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Deepwater Horizon - Screenpass

I tried it again (did not resume) and it plays out of order. Below is the disc.inf from the copy.

[disc]
type=BD-R
version=AnyDVD HD 8.0.9.2 (BDPHash.bin 16-12-22)
totalsectors=16883072
label=Deepwater Horizon
speedmenu=0
region=1
playlists=772
3D=0
fps=23

I tried it again (did not resume) and it plays out of order. Below is the disc.inf from the copy.

Did you try manually playing 00772.mpls to make sure it was correct? (MPC-HC will open the mpls directly for testing if needed)

Is the problem only with Dune or with PowerDVD also?
Because I have absolutely zero explanation otherwise.
I have the EXACT same disc here. It plays perfectly on PowerDVD 16. Tested up and down.

Is the problem only with Dune or with PowerDVD also?
Because I have absolutely zero explanation otherwise.
I have the EXACT same disc here. It plays perfectly on PowerDVD 16. Tested up and down.

He's tried PowerDVD 11 (post 58). Shouldn't be any different to 16 in this case though should it? Can different licenced players behave differently?

He's tried PowerDVD 11 (post 58). Shouldn't be any different to 16 in this case though should it? Can different licenced players behave differently?

I read, that he mentioned that, I'm just asking for confirmation, because these statements sometimes are not as accurate as they seem.
When you're doing a handful of tests in a row, you subconsciously tend to group them.

And yes - different players behave differently, for two reasons:
1. Screen Pass protection sometimes has different code paths for different known players
2. the Dune player is known to be buggy when it comes to BD-J, which is the essence of Screen Pass

And yes - different players behave differently, for two reasons:
1. Screen Pass protection sometimes has different code paths for different known players

Ah I see, thanks for the info :)

I tried Media Player Classic x64 and it played correctly. Never would have guessed it was PowerDVD 11. Thanks for your help.

original or encrypted iso is fine. Decrypted logfiles are useless. Before or after ripping doesn't matter. What matters is if the encryption is still intact.

because the whole point of screenpass protection is to mask the correct playlist among dozens of incorrect ones. Those dozens of fake playlists ARE the protection, and if not that protection isn't removed correctly, the protection kicks in and points to a random incorrect one.

No, because you'd be breaking the disc file structure. How does anydvd break the protection, well that's need to know. And you don't need to know. That's internal AnyDVD knowledge. Divulging that information would give the studios all the info they need to update the protection and stop anydvd from defeating it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

That's just fine, it's just that as long as we don't have the logfile. The developers can't help you ;)

Our questions:
- is there a way to let the movie play in both worlds? Kodi and PowerDVD without having misordered chapters?
- could that be achieved by removing dispensible playlists that might lead to that strange behaviour using BDedit?

No log file is required, thanks.

No, AnyDVD can't easily remove all unwanted playlists. For technical reasons.
But AnyDVD does some things to aid players in finding the correct playlist:

• It reduces the duration of the incorrect playlists, so the one correct playlist stands out with the longest duration (many players automatically pick the longest playlist).
  • It adds a file "disc.inf" to the root of the disc, which contains the id of the correct playlist(s).
Some players make use of these aids (either implicitly, because they choose the longest playlist or explicitly by reading disc.inf).
Maybe let the developers of Kodi know, that they could easily use that information.

Dear Pete,

when taking a look on the screenshots attached to comment:
https://forum.redfox.bz/posts/465452/bookmark

- https://forum.redfox.bz/attachments/bdinfo_deepwater_horizon-png.33456/
- https://forum.redfox.bz/attachments/bdinfo_deepwater_horizon2-png.33457/

we see that:
- the reduction of the duration for the incorrect playlists seem not work properly as all playlists - even the incorrect ones - have the same play length as the correct playlist 326.

Might that be a bug in AnyDVD HD or did I misunderstand something?

I have a different version of that title (US) - for me it works fine and BDinfo shows the correct playlist as being 1 minute longer than the others (1:47:17 in this case).
There certainly is a possibility of a bug, but it's pretty much impossible to track down without having the exact same version of that disc.

i'm always logged in. and they still doesn't wrk

Back