• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Deepwater Horizon - Screenpass

Thats what you did :) this is the anydvd hd (blu-ray issues) section

Man, it's been one of those days!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

When you load a disc into MakeMKV you get a list on the left hand side. When you click on a title on the left it gives the information in the box on the right including the actual source file name as 'xxxxx.mpls'. That mpls file is the playlist number, so you have to click on each one in turn until you find the one that has the mpls file that matches the correct playlist number.
yes. This is what I looked at. Any DVD HD showed that playlist 301 was the correct one. But there was no 301 listed in MakeMKV.

Not possible. That thing uses its own playlist numbering but there's always one that matches the one AnyDVD tells you to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ch3vr0n - I believe you had mentioned that a dev would need to take a look and see if it's an anydvd decryption issue. Is that something I need to request or how exactly does that process get initiated?

Insert the disc, play it in PowerDVD? Scenes in the correct order? Then AnyDVD did it's job and you're picking the wrong playlist in makemkv. You need to select the one that corresponds with the one AnyDVD tells you to use.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Here is another one that plays out of order. Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_Z_Deepwater Horizon.ziplog
    942.3 KB · Views: 20
Should be fine, as long as you play back the playlist mentioned in the status window.

When I play the iso with full BD menus on my Dune or PowerDVD, the scene's are out of order. 5:39 it jumps to scene where they leave on a motorcycle because her old Mustang wont start. Mustang wont start at 6:13. Also many other scenes that jump around.

When I play the iso with full BD menus on my Dune or PowerDVD, the scene's are out of order. 5:39 it jumps to scene where they leave on a motorcycle because her old Mustang wont start. Mustang wont start at 6:13. Also many other scenes that jump around.

Have you tried playing straight from the original disc (not the rip) again in PowerDVD? (also make sure PowerDVD isn't resuming)
It could possibly be that your ISO image was created after the disc was properly fixed.

Have you tried playing straight from the original disc (not the rip) again in PowerDVD? (also make sure PowerDVD isn't resuming)
It could possibly be that your ISO image was created after the disc was properly fixed.
Seeing I'm having the same issues as Drew.c, what does it mean that the ISO image was created after the disc was properly fixed?

Seeing I'm having the same issues as Drew.c, what does it mean that the ISO image was created after the disc was properly fixed?

These discs are fixed using AnyDVD's OPD (online protection database). Data is added to the OPD for each disc variant to fix that disc so it will playback correctly.
If you created/ripped to an ISO image before this data was added then the rip will not work correctly.

The logfile you posted on the 22nd seems to show that the disc had been fixed, your rips should be good after that point.
The best/easiest way to test is using PowerDVD on your PC playing back straight from the original disc (with AnyDVD running), if you still have problems with out of order scenes in PowerDVD from the original disc, then the disc may still not be properly fixed.

I no longer have the original disc. I did make another ISO using AnyDVD's Ripper "Keep Protection" option from the original disc. I tried to create the ISO again last night after mounting the protected image with Virtual CloneDrive thinking maybe they had fixed my version of the disc but it still failed. This technique has worked in the past. Since it did not work, I posted the log.

I no longer have the original disc. I did make another ISO using AnyDVD's Ripper "Keep Protection" option from the original disc. I tried to create the ISO again last night after mounting the protected image with Virtual CloneDrive thinking maybe they had fixed my version of the disc but it still failed. This technique has worked in the past. Since it did not work, I posted the log.

Protected ISO images are as good as the original disc, so you should be fine in this case.
It sounds like the disc hasn't been properly fixed for full disc playback. @Pete will have to take another look, as you and Big Liz do have the same disc.

Just to be 100% certain you can try mounting the protected ISO, let AnyDVD decrypt "on the fly" and play in PowerDVD with no resume (no need to rip to another ISO first).

Also you could double check that 772 is the correct playlist - use a player like MPC-HC and open 00772.mpls directly from the BDMV/PLAYLIST directory - then watch the first 10 minutes or so (enough to get past the problems you mentioned)
I'm going to guess it is correct though and this is just a "full disc" playback problem (I imagine there would be more users complaining if it was incorrect)

Last edited:
Protected ISO images are as good as the original disc, so you should be fine in this case.
It sounds like the disc hasn't been properly fixed for full disc playback. @Pete will have to take another look, as you and Big Liz do have the same disc.

Just to be 100% certain you can try mounting the protected ISO, let AnyDVD decrypt "on the fly" and play in PowerDVD with no resume (no need to rip to another ISO first).

Also you could double check that 772 is the correct playlist - use a player like MPC-HC and open 00772.mpls directly from the BDMV/PLAYLIST directory - then watch the first 10 minutes or so (enough to get past the problems you mentioned)
I'm going to guess it is correct though and this is just a "full disc" playback problem (I imagine there would be more users complaining if it was incorrect)
I think you've nailed it. Burned just the main title with that playlist on a disc and it plays in the correct order. It's only during full disc playback that there is a problem.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think you've nailed it. Burned just the main title with that playlist on a disc and it plays in the correct order. It's only during full disc playback that there is a problem.

Then that protection still needs fixing...

I tried that myself now. Played with PowerDVD / AnyDVD running. All fine, plays the correct playlist (772).

I tried that myself now. Played with PowerDVD / AnyDVD running. All fine, plays the correct playlist (772).

I don't think that is the correct playlist for the disc (US) I uploaded. I just now mounted my protected ISO, enabled AnyDVD HD 8.0.9.2, and played the movie with PowerDVD 11. The first 5 minutes play fine. This is where it plays the scenes out of order:

5:33 In bed scene where Mark Walberg says to Kate Hudson "Give me those eyes"
5:38 Gina Rodriquez is putting her motorcycle helmet on and leaves on the back of the motorcycle because her red Mustang won't start. The no-start Mustang scene is not until 6:13.
5:56 Mark Walberg is tightening a screw on the cabinet door
6:00 It goes back to the bed scene from 5:33 where he said "Give me those eyes"
6:13 Scene where Mustang wont start for Gina Rodriquez which should have happened before 5:38 above.

Last edited:
Did it ask you to resume when you started the disc? If so try telling it not to resume

Back