• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

decrypted blu ray still gives region error

juicy j

i read the stickied posts, and did a search. its nothing to do with audio (cineavia) or skipping playback, it simply gives me the usual error you would see if you inserted a zone b br into a zone a player - "this blu ray is intended for [another region]" blah blah - what gives? anydvd hd tells me its decrypted and ready to go. gives the same error screen on powerdvd19 and vlc (3.0.4) the movie is duke of burgundy, released from artificial eye (region 2). the drive is WH14NS40 by LG.

Yes, its the latest version, though i am in the trial period (thankfully)
Not sure how to create a log file via AnyDVD, but here is what it's telling me:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 20906912 sectors (40833 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_DUKE_OF_BURGUNDY
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 53
Drive supports bus encryption!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): B
Removed annoying trailers!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.​

Not sure how to create a log file via AnyDVD
When the disc is inside the drive, right-click onto the tray AnyDVD icon and select create logfile. Then wait a bit for AnyDVD to work till it is done.
It should open an explorer window containing the log, otherwise it is inside C:\Users\Username\Documents\AnyDVD_Logs

attached below

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_E_THE_DUKE_OF_BURGUNDY_627D9891_2BE6868E.ziplog
    154.3 KB · Views: 2
Also you can try to go into the settings and deactivate the region things if they are activated.

That worked! Weird, i thought that would be active by default. What does it mean exactly when you select "remove blu ray region code"? Does that permanently change the disc, so I can play it on anything? Also, what is the diff between that and the option at the very bottom that says "remove country code"?

Also, what is the diff between that and the option at the very bottom that says "remove country code"?
I cannot answer that, but no, it does not change anything on the disc. All changes are only how windows or the programs see the disc.
Keep in mind that they are not rewriteable.
So as soon as you remove it or deactivate AnyDVD, these changes are gone and when you change a setting within AnyDVD, it will scan the disc again and change these values.

That worked! Weird, i thought that would be active by default. What does it mean exactly when you select "remove blu ray region code"? Does that permanently change the disc, so I can play it on anything? Also, what is the diff between that and the option at the very bottom that says "remove country code"?
Right mouse-button click shows help.

If you make an ISO of the disc or if you burn that ISO to BD-R the stand-alone players still complain if the movie is out of region / country and might refuse to play it. Therefore always remove region and country code.

Last edited:
Back