• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Deadline for the (50%) discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no bait and switch. There are no shady practises and such accusations will not be tolerated, the USA shut slysoft down. Blame them. Your slysoft license will continue to work with version 7695. They didn't change the company name either, you need to do your research a lot better. As far as that don't program goes, what does cinavia have to do with anything of this. Now going by your November purchase you could with a little luck get a brake but you need to contact support.

If you want to use anydvd v8 and above you need to a redfox license license. Elby products are not affected.

No wonder back-ups weren't even playing correctly on ps3 anymore. Kept getting sound removed by that Sony program.
So, do all my LT licenses for the other items I bought, have to be re-bought too?

Just to clear this up.
AnyDVD does not deal "directly"with Cinavia ("that Sony program") that mutes the sound on copies. It never did.
If you are making DVD's use a plain DVD player to play them - not a Sony device or Blu-Ray player.
If you are making Blu-Rays - then use an HTPC to play them using PowerDVD with AnyDVD-HD running in the background - Cinavia will be gone.
Also - None of your other licenses need to be "re-bought" - just AnyDVD-HD
-W

I can't make that decision for you. All I can say is that slysoft licenses don't work with v8 and up. However you don't qualify for that. The 1y free is limited to users who purchased on or after 2015-12-01, you bought in may. Not December. It can't hurt to ask, but pretty sure you'll be pointed to the general 20% off through the store.
Thanks Ch3vr0n, I don't know what I was thinking. I kept reading that as after the beginning of the year 2015.

Just to clear this up.
AnyDVD does not deal "directly"with Cinavia ("that Sony program") that mutes the sound on copies. It never did.
If you are making DVD's use a plain DVD player to play them - not a Sony device or Blu-Ray player.
If you are making Blu-Rays - then use an HTPC to play them using PowerDVD with AnyDVD-HD running in the background - Cinavia will be gone.
Also - None of your other licenses need to be "re-bought" - just AnyDVD-HD
-W
Thanks. I could not remember the name. I knew it would only be on Sony devices, as I've tested that theory, at someone else's house. I only a PS3 and PS4 for playback hooked up now, due mainly to lack of room. I will soon be hooking up a region free DVD player for the things I order form the UK, so I will use that.

Forgive me for my anger early, but it is just. If the U.S. did shut slysoft down, then how long after everyone buys new "LT" licenses, will the U.S. shut down Redfox and we will be forced to buy again? I am the first to admit that the U.S. is run by idiots, but they are greedy idiots and if they truly did "shut slysoft down" and redfox is continuing it's stellar (IMO) work, then what assurances are there? None. Should have been a much steeper discount for those who already purchased, since this will, no doubt, happen again. I do appreciate both of your responses and again apologize for my anger. I am well aware of your signature Chevron, and do not expect you to be able to do anything on the business end. Just voicing the obvious observations about what will happen next.

You're very wrong that cinavia is only on Sony devices. Cinavia is mandatory for EVERY brand of Blu-ray players that was licensed from Feb 1st, 2012. Yes, every brand. Panasonic, Sony, JVC,... all of them.

All we can say is that redfox is taking every measure they can to prevent it happening again. But there are no guarantees, something can always happen. But of course we don't want that to happen, but if it does hopefully not for many years to come :)

You're very wrong that cinavia is only on Sony devices. Cinavia is mandatory for EVERY brand of Blu-ray players that was licensed from Feb 1st, 2012. Yes, every brand. Panasonic, Sony, JVC,... all of them.

All we can say is that redfox is taking every measure they can to prevent it happening again. But there are no guarantees, something can always happen. But of course we don't want that to happen, but if it does hopefully not for many years to come :)

I swear to you we tried one on a Panasonic and it worked fine, but not at my house on PS3. Maybe it was an older model. They have had it forever. It doesn't even have WiFi. Well, that sure is disappointing. I never watch movies on my computer, only on our much bigger TV. Do you think the region free Samsung I just bought will have it too?

The 2012 date is critical, from that point on any newly licensed player needs to be able to detect it. Any licensed model up to Jan 31st, simply isn't required to detect it. Region has no impact over cinavia detection whatsoever. The only thing that matters is the model and when it was licensed for Blu-ray playback.

The 2012 date is critical, from that point on any newly licensed player needs to be able to detect it. Any licensed model up to Jan 31st, simply isn't required to detect it. Region has no impact over cinavia detection whatsoever. The only thing that matters is the model and when it was licensed for Blu-ray playback.
Ok. Thanks for the response. Guess I know what I am looking for this summer when cruising the yard sales!:)

Well my panny dmp-bd85 (2d only) and bdt100 (3d capable) go back to 2010 and still play everything I throw at it with no cinavia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back