• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

De-Interlace or not?

Roger54

I am using CloneDVD mobile and AnyDVD with great success (satisfied customer). In my application what I am doing is ripping movies to my HDD and then to my Ipod. I then use the Ipod to play the movies on my 42 inch TV. The quality of the recordings is quite good; often startlingly good.

My question is this: should I check the de-interlace box on CloneDVD mobile or not? What are the recommendations and trade-offs?

I am using CloneDVD mobile and AnyDVD with great success (satisfied customer). In my application what I am doing is ripping movies to my HDD and then to my Ipod. I then use the Ipod to play the movies on my 42 inch TV. The quality of the recordings is quite good; often startlingly good.

My question is this: should I check the de-interlace box on CloneDVD mobile or not? What are the recommendations and trade-offs?
You only need to check the deinterlace box for video-based material (eg tv series). Film-based content (eg movies) should NOT have it checked.

What the man said :agree:

Believe me you WILL know if the movie needs deinterlacing. If you do a
conversion and the movie looks great then it didn't need to be
deinterlaced. If after the conversion the movie looks like you are
watching it through window blinds then you need to reconvert with
deinterlacing on.

There will be no doubt.

Thank you both. I have been doing everything with de-interlacing and this has yielded satisfactory results. I will take a shot at unchecking the de-interlacing box for a movie and see what happens.

Thank you both. I have been doing everything with de-interlacing and this has yielded satisfactory results. I will take a shot at unchecking the de-interlacing box for a movie and see what happens.
It should take less time with it unchecked because it is an unnecessary function for movie material, and like Danger said, you will know when you should have kept it checked ;)

To check if de-interlacing is needed before converting the file will scanning one of the vob files with mediainfo to see if it says it is interlaced or progressive work?

To check if de-interlacing is needed before converting the file will scanning one of the vob files with mediainfo to see if it says it is interlaced or progressive work?
Yes, the MediaInfo tree view will show you if the video_ts.vob scan type is interlaced (which means you should check the deinterlace option) or progressive (uncheck the deinterlace option).

Thanks that is what I thought, just wanted to make sure I had not missed something.

Back