D:\Video_TS does not exist??? what does this mean?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by dawkins30, Apr 7, 2007.

1. dawkins30

dawkins30 Member

I have the latest version of AnyDvd and it was working. But, now when I try to rip Video DVD to hard disk and go through the steps, it gives me an error stating D:\Video_TS does not exist. What does this mean?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

It means Anydvd couldn't find the video_ts folder on the d: drive. Is the original dvd disc in your d: drive?

By the way, "rip video dvd to hard disk" should be used as a last resort only:
    read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  3. dawkins30

dawkins30 Member

I currently have DVD Shrink

HI,
    I currently use DVD Shrink to back up. Is that ok? The DVD is in the drive. I read your instructions on how I should properly use AnyDvd and that ripping should be a last resort. Honestly, I am a bit confused as to how to do the steps in your link. Could you give me a quick "for Dummies" version of the steps? It says to make sure AnyDvd is running in the background and to drag and drop the video_ts folder to my desktop...how do I get to all of that?

4. Webslinger

1. If you're using Shrink read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully ("rip video dvd to harddisk" should only be used on those titles listed)

2. For getting to the video_ts folder, just use windows explorer and browse to the drive letter containing the original dvd.

5. dawkins30

dawkins30 Member

getting to the video_ts folder

I assume that if I go to Start, My Computer, D:(Movie Title)...it is the same right? Could I just drag the title of the movie in the D: drive over to DVD shrink under DVD structure?

6. Webslinger

It's the same if you're dragging the video_ts folder to your hard drive/desktop, yes.

Frankly, if it's not one of the titles listed here http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885
    then I would just run Shrink with Anydvd running in the background and select "open disk" instead of ripping first.
    Then choose the drive containing the original dvd.

7. dawkins30

dawkins30 Member

AnyDVD running in background

When I right click on the AnyDVD icon at the bottom right hand corner of my computer screen (not sure what you call that area), "AutoStart" has a checkmark by it. Does this mean that when I put a DVD into the D drive that AnyDVD is automatically running in the background? Or do I have to manually do something to ensure that it is running in the background??

8. Webslinger

Autostart means that Anydvd loads when Windows loads, automatically. If the red fox icon is on your toolbar that means Anydvd is running.

9. dawkins30

dawkins30 Member

thanks

thank you for your time and help!!

10. Webslinger

Anytime :)