• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

D+ ...Possibly a New Issue

kuhnglobal1

Hello, my friends.

Yesterday on D+, trying both versions of 8.0 and the new 9.5, some content consistently began to cut off mid DL for the first time. This has never happened to me before yesterday. Is this an issue for anyone else? It happened on at least three items for me. Like my previous recent thread on NF.. this thread is only a verification request from everyone to see if it is actually something new.

Here are a few of the items that ceased mid-DL...

• Drain The Oceans S01E09
  • Drain The Oceans S01E10
  • Drain the Titanic
Thanks everyone.

For RedFox... thank you again for all you do. Truly... I am very grateful of you. Though I cannot speak for everyone, I believe most of us are. RedFox is amazing!

Were you downloading from more than one provider concurrently?

I have had an issue like this, while downloading from multiple providers (3) at the same time. the problem showed up with D+ and not the other 2. Most likely I was overloading my available bandwidth.

Were you downloading from more than one provider concurrently?

I have had an issue like this, while downloading from multiple providers (3) at the same time. the problem showed up with D+ and not the other 2. Most likely I was overloading my available bandwidth.
Overloading available bandwidth is a thought I had not considered. It had not occurred to me that the providers (AP, D+, etc) may have a determined bandwidth usage. Thank you for that Ugadata. :) I suppose that is why they only give you so many screens/devices to watch content on at once. Hmmmm....with that possibility in mind (also knowing I have a very strong connection), I was only using 1 DL from D+ at a time with AS, with no other DL's happening, and no other screens were being utilized anywhere at that time to watch anything, so I am not sure that would be what is happening on my end. Still.. your answer made me consider other things I would never have thought of... and I thank you again Ugadata.. very much so. :D:D:D

Overloading available bandwidth is a thought I had not considered. It had not occurred to me that the providers (AP, D+, etc) may have a determined bandwidth usage. Thank you for that Ugadata. :) I suppose that is why they only give you so many screens/devices to watch content on at once. Hmmmm....with that possibility in mind (also knowing I have a very strong connection), I was only using 1 DL from D+ at a time with AS, with no other DL's happening, and no other screens were being utilized anywhere at that time to watch anything, so I am not sure that would be what is happening on my end. Still.. your answer made me consider other things I would never have thought of... and I thank you again Ugadata.. very much so. :D:D:D

It could have even been just general ISP connectivity issues. Maybe they were just having a bad day. AS tends to be extra sensitive to network quality so while it might have hosed up AS other things may have appeared normal as they dealt with the dropped connections or retries (theoretically speaking).

It could have even been just general ISP connectivity issues. Maybe they were just having a bad day. AS tends to be extra sensitive to network quality so while it might have hosed up AS other things may have appeared normal as they dealt with the dropped connections or retries (theoretically speaking).
I shall give them each a DL try again today. Thanks DQ. :):):)

Reactions: DQ
Hi @kuhnglobal1 ,
I agree with @DQ on this one. All applications have hiccups so to speak, so it's always worth trying to recreate the issue to see if it is persistent.
I've been downloading using 3 Providers simultaneously for quite some time with a great deal of success. I decided to add one more for this test using D+ since that's the one you highlighted may be a culprit:

upload_2022-1-19_10-22-24.png

As for bandwidth being the issue... it's not the most plausible based on my experience. Not to mention, Providers will always reduce the quality of the stream to account for that. It's very common for people's bandwidth to fluctuate while streaming.

At a minimum, you should definitely run a Speedtest to see what you're getting from your ISP based on your plan. From there, you can monitor AS using the Task Manager to see what AS is using to help you decide how many simultaneous downloads are appropriate for you.

You can run a speedtest from a web browser (speedtest.net) or the Speedtest by OOKLA App (free) in the Microsoft Store (Win10) that will tell you exactly what download/upload speeds your system is getting. I prefer the app.

Last edited:
Hi @kuhnglobal1 ,
I agree with @DQ on this one. All applications have hiccups so to speak, so it's always worth trying to recreate the issue to see if it is persistent.
I've been downloading using 3 Providers simultaneously for quite some time with a great deal of success. I decided to add one more for this test using D+ since that's the one you highlighted may be a culprit:

View attachment 62809

As for bandwidth being the issue... it's not the most plausible based on my experience. Not to mention, Providers will always reduce the quality of the stream to account for that. It's very common for people's bandwidth to fluctuate while streaming.

At a minimum, you should definitely run a Speedtest to see what you're getting from your ISP based on your plan. From there, you can monitor AS using the Task Manager to see what AS is using to help you decide how may simultaneous downloads are appropriate for you.

You can run a speedtest from a web browser (speedtest.net) or the Speedtest by OOKLA App (free) in the Microsoft Store (Win10) that will tell you exactly what download/upload speeds your system is getting. I prefer the app.

I think you are working under the assumption AS streams. I don't think it does, so it does not auto adjust, the players do that, not AS to my knowledge.

Bandwidth could easily be an issue but we must keep in mind that not just the quantity (bandwidth) matters but also the quality. Slow, dropped connections cause retransmits and in general a yucky network seems to give AS fits because of how AS functions. That's not to say AS is at fault I believe it is just the nature of how it works and interacts with the CDN's. My point there is it's not just bandwidth that matters.

EDIT - it's just conversation FYI not trying to start anything

Hi @kuhnglobal1 ,

View attachment 62809

At a minimum, you should definitely run a Speedtest to see what you're getting from your ISP based on your plan. From there, you can monitor AS using the Task Manager to see what AS is using to help you decide how may simultaneous downloads are appropriate for you.

I think you are working under the assumption AS streams. I don't think it does, so it does not auto adjust, the players do that, not AS to my knowledge.

Bandwidth could easily be an issue but we must keep in mind that not just the quantity (bandwidth) matters but also the quality. Slow, dropped connections cause retransmits and in general a yucky network seems to give AS fits because of how AS functions. That's not to say AS is at fault I believe it is just the nature of how it works and interacts with the CDN's. My point there is it's not just bandwidth that matters.

EDIT - it's just conversation FYI not trying to start anything

You guys are fantastic... thank you very much! :):):)

Back