• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyclic Redundancy Check

mercy7

Just upgraded to AnyDVD 8.0.1.0. Now any DVD I copy using CloneDVD2 gives me the same cyclic redundancy check error. HOWEVER, I can rip the entire image using AnyDVD by itself using Rip to Image. It just won't work using CloneDVD2. Up until the latest version, I had been backing up several DVDs without fail. Now, when it gets to "100% in Creating DVD files..." and always stops before "Creating ISO/UDF image..." which stays at zero percent, then the cyclic redundancy check error window appears. I've tried it with 4 different movies and have not been able to use CDVD2. But they've all copied using ONLY AnyDVD 8. The DVDs are all clean and pristine. I take care of my discs. Only been watched 1 or 2 times.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.1.0_Info_F_BLUES_BROTHERS.ziplog
    149.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Have you checked the location where CloneDVD is making it's files onto?

Have you checked the location where CloneDVD is making it's files onto?
Check for what? I mean, I chose a specific location on one of my internal drives (not the C:\ drive. I know where the files are going, if that's what you mean?

Neither anydvd (regardless of the version) nor CloneDVD have any control over CRC errors. CRC errors always indicates a problem with the source, not the target destination.

I checked just now for the temp DVD files it makes before making the image, since that top green bar is always at 100% and they are (seemingly) all there. I just copied them to another file so they won't be deleted when I click o.k. to the error window.

Edit: the file copy keeps having an error on the first vob file. Even though they appear to be there, I can't copy them to another folder--so maybe they really aren't there?

Last edited:
Just because they're there, doesn't mean the files can't be corrupted.

Neither anydvd (regardless of the version) nor CloneDVD have any control over CRC errors. CRC errors always indicates a problem with the source, not the target destination.
I'm just not understanding why it was working flawlessly a few days ago--before AnyDVD 8.0.1.0, and now it is not. We're talking discs which have only been playing 1 or 2 times. I don't even touch the bottom of the DVD when I put it in the player. No fingerprints. Nothing. There is no problem with the media. All I can think of is the fact that because I wasn't sure of the status of Slysoft, I had recently backed up a LOT of my collection-that both my drives are malfunctioning. But, what are the odds that both my DVD and my Bluray writers died on the same day.

So, your final opinion is it is my discs? I know you can't see my DVDs, but they are in perfect condition--so I know 100% that it is not these 4 discs. If, like you say, AnyDVD has nothing to do with "Cyclic" issues, it could in fact be my optical drives, since they read the discs.

Any other troubleshooting I can do before buying 2 new drives? I guess I'll try reinstalling CDVD2 to eliminate that possibility. I have rebooted--a basic fix for many Windows issues, but not this one...

Could it be McAfee? Never been an issue before, but I'll try turning it off temporarily.

If the files are already on your hard drive and you get CRC errors there's 2 options

- files are corrupted
- bad sectors on hdd causing the CRC errors

If the files are still on disc, is usually a defective disc. Drives NEVER cause crc's, they only read the data on the discs. And if those discs have scratches, that cause crc's, the drives can have issues reading.

Never heard of laser root. But, looks like it may be the hard drive is going bad. Its really acting up right now, hanging, and taking forever to open or not at all today. I had been hesitating a little for the last few days, but nothing terrible. This is a drive with everything important on it...uggh! Now trying to save a few dikes by dragging them over... and they're freezing halfway through! Well, thanks for everyone's advice, but I have to go assess the data damage and maybe have a hard drive funeral.

Lol, I think he meant rot. But that would act the same as scratches on disc. And if HD is acting up that wouldn't apply. But start backing up any important data now, as once they finally go you either pay for the possibility of getting your data, or bury it with dignity.

If the data is important go to GRC.com and read up on SpinRite a recovery tool necessity.

Lol, I think he meant rot. But that would act the same as scratches on disc. And if HD is acting up that wouldn't apply. But start backing up any important data now, as once they finally go you either pay for the possibility of getting your data, or bury it with dignity.

Is "rot" a slow degradation of the strength of the laser over time? Anyways, I'm able to get chunks at a time, in between errors/stoppages...hoping to get most today and then see about a new drive! Getting new/better equipment is the ONLY good thing about this! Thanks again everyone for your diagnostic assistance!

It's not a degradation of the laser strength but of the area that got burned on the disc. That can decay over time, and if you're using crappy blank brands it can go very fast. Burn one day, and be unreadable 6 months later.

THIS IS PROBABLY A REDUNDANT QUESTION
BUT HERE IT GOES ANYWAY. WHEN I PURCHASE THE NEW ANY DVD LICENCE
WILL MY CLONE DVD2 VERSION 2.9.3.3 WORK AS IT DID WITH SLY SOFT.
OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A SEPARATE LICENCE FOR CLONE DVD2
THNKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF REDUNDANT QUESTIONS.

Back