• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink Software

Search the forum...there should be a post about getting them both installed at the same time...it involves renaming the directory and doing a second install and then registering some files. Kind of a pain if you ask me, but, at least possible to run both. I've not had any reason to try it myself.

Yeah, I posted it here:D Very simple and works great!

I am running BOTH versions and it is very easy. Instructions below.

1) Install PowerDVD 7.2 Blu-Ray
2) Rename PowerDVD folder to PowerDVDBD (kill PDserv.exe process if necessary through task manager)
3) Install PowerDVD 7.1 HD (ignore errors about uninstalling previous version)
4) Run DSFMgr.exe
5) Register 2 filters in the PowerDVDBD folder:

NavFilter\CLBDRENav.ax
NavFilter\CLBDROMNav.ax

6) Create shortcut for the PowerDVD version in the PowerDVDBD folder.

That's it. Take about 5 minutes and works like a charm. NO issues with EITHER (so far

g

^^ Thanks for that. Looks like a quicker and simpler version of the instructions posted earlier, and they didn't work too well for me. I'll give these a try. Cheers.

Well, that worked great, thanks! HD and BD are now both working fine, and PDVD hasn't crashed once.

Hi :)
@ guile excellent post.:clap: :bowdown:
@ colinhunt glad it works for you.8)

Now where's that stupid patch from Cyberlink to fix some of the bugs in this thing?? I've always been a fan of PowerDVD but this version...not so much.

Now where's that stupid patch from Cyberlink to fix some of the bugs in this thing?? I've always been a fan of PowerDVD but this version...not so much.

You mean the all-mighthy-patch(tm) that includes improved Windows Vista compatibility for PowerDVD 7?

It's here.

But alas, users of PowerDVD Ultra should not apply this patch, this update is for "vanilla" PowerDVD7 users only.

No, I meant the oft promised but never delivered PowerDVD Ultra patch that will supposely unify BR and HD DVD support and hopefully fix a myriad of annoying bugs that the software seems plagued with.

Sorry to disappoint. You must wait in line some more. No soup for you etc. Still – they are one patch down for those who use Vista. Surely are they working hard to bring you an update for download? (I hope).

:)

Yea, well, in their own forums it was promised some 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Apparently it's proving to be tougher to squash the bugs than they thought. It's gotten so bad that people on their own forum are threatening lawsuits against them. That can't be a good thing. :) I just want the bugs fixed so we can all move on to bigger and better things. Hopefully "soon".

No, I meant the oft promised but never delivered PowerDVD Ultra patch that will supposely unify BR and HD DVD support and hopefully fix a myriad of annoying bugs that the software seems plagued with.

Well someone over in the Cyberlink forums claims he was sent a PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 patch:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/993.page

PowerDVD ultra 7.3 will let you play both. Support sent me a copy to fix an issue I had where powerDVD would not play anything because it said HDMI repeaters aren't permitted as I route my hdmi output through a yahama AV amp. The update to 7.3 fixed this and also has Blu-ray and HD-DVD tabs in the configuration menu
Be patient

It's gotten so bad that people on their own forum are threatening lawsuits against them.

Only really smart people do that.

Honestly, If you threaten lawsuits against us, you'll have us fulfill your wildest software dreams till tomorrow 9:00am....
That really makes us go faster ...

...and if not... you can go ahead and threaten lawsuits against us for making that promise and not keeping it. :D

But for what it's worth: I've heard that many of the "useability bugs" in pdvd are still not solved 7.3, but BD+HD is supposed to work fine together.

Last edited:
Only really smart people do that.

Honestly, If you threaten lawsuits against us, you'll have us fulfill your wildest software dreams till tomorrow 9:00am....
That really makes us go faster ...

...and if not... you can go ahead and threaten lawsuits against us for making that promise and not keeping it. :D

But for what it's worth: I've heard that many of the "useability bugs" in pdvd are still not solved 7.3, but BD+HD is supposed to work fine together.

Hey I didn't say *I* was suing them, just that some of their users seem to be pretty pissed about the whole thing. :D I just want the bugs fixed...I have no intention of suing anyone. Up until this version, PowerDVD has always been my favorite player software. Once the bugs are worked out, I'm sure I'll be quite pleased with PowerDVD Ultra. The BD+HD nonsense really means nothing to me as I have no intention of going to BluRay unless the HD-DVD camp folds up or I find a ridiculously good deal on a BluRay drive. I just want the usability bugs fixed. I can wait...it's not like there's a better player out there to entice me. ;)

Hey I didn't say *I* was suing them, just that some of their users seem to be pretty pissed about the whole thing. :D I just want the bugs fixed...I have no intention of suing anyone. Up until this version, PowerDVD has always been my favorite player software. Once the bugs are worked out, I'm sure I'll be quite pleased with PowerDVD Ultra. The BD+HD nonsense really means nothing to me as I have no intention of going to BluRay unless the HD-DVD camp folds up or I find a ridiculously good deal on a BluRay drive. I just want the usability bugs fixed. I can wait...it's not like there's a better player out there to entice me. ;)

Not to pull this way off the original topic but... The matter here is even worse, IMO, that I see no upgrade path from PowerDVD 7 (Standard or Deluxe) to Ultra. For there to be no apparent upgrade path and all these problems why in heck would anyone shell out an additional 99 USD for this product? :mad: I paid for PowerDVD 7 Deluxe long before I was aware of the HD releases and it didn't impact me anyway. For other friends it has had an impact on them since they already paid for the software and aren't going to spend even more now and they own the XBox 360 player and intend on buying a BR drive when the prices drop a little.

It sure looks to me that they're squeezing people for more money. Bad bad PR on top of the existing bugs. As other HD compatible players come out [and I get a HD drive] I may end up switching away from Cyberlink which is sad but I'm more than ticked.

Not to pull this way off the original topic but... The matter here is even worse, IMO, that I see no upgrade path from PowerDVD 7 (Standard or Deluxe) to Ultra. For there to be no apparent upgrade path and all these problems why in heck would anyone shell out an additional 99 USD for this product? :mad: I paid for PowerDVD 7 Deluxe long before I was aware of the HD releases and it didn't impact me anyway. For other friends it has had an impact on them since they already paid for the software and aren't going to spend even more now and they own the XBox 360 player and intend on buying a BR drive when the prices drop a little.

It sure looks to me that they're squeezing people for more money. Bad bad PR on top of the existing bugs. As other HD compatible players come out [and I get a HD drive] I may end up switching away from Cyberlink which is sad but I'm more than ticked.

I can't says I blame you on any point you raise. The lack of an upgrade path is ridiculous. The bugs they have are pretty significant as far as I'm concerned. If someone can step up to the plate and come up with a decent replacement for PowerDVD Ultra(WinDVD ain't gonna cut it), then Cyberlink will find themselves in real trouble with this product. Being in a situation where there's no serious competition has made them lazy and unresponsive to consumer needs. A dangerous game they play...very dangerous.

I can't says I blame you on any point you raise. The lack of an upgrade path is ridiculous. The bugs they have are pretty significant as far as I'm concerned. If someone can step up to the plate and come up with a decent replacement for PowerDVD Ultra(WinDVD ain't gonna cut it), then Cyberlink will find themselves in real trouble with this product. Being in a situation where there's no serious competition has made them lazy and unresponsive to consumer needs. A dangerous game they play...very dangerous.

I wonder when Ahead will add HD-DVD and BR support to Nero ShowTime...

I wonder when Ahead will add HD-DVD and BR support to Nero ShowTime...

Perish the thought. I *HATE* Nero ShowTime with a passion. That thing has screwed up more machines than it has EVER helped, IMO. I'd rather deal with the bugs in PowerDVD Ultra...

Yeah, I posted it here:D Very simple and works great!

I am running BOTH versions and it is very easy. Instructions below.

1) Install PowerDVD 7.2 Blu-Ray
2) Rename PowerDVD folder to PowerDVDBD (kill PDserv.exe process if necessary through task manager)
3) Install PowerDVD 7.1 HD (ignore errors about uninstalling previous version)
4) Run DSFMgr.exe
5) Register 2 filters in the PowerDVDBD folder:

NavFilter\CLBDRENav.ax
NavFilter\CLBDROMNav.ax

6) Create shortcut for the PowerDVD version in the PowerDVDBD folder.

That's it. Take about 5 minutes and works like a charm. NO issues with EITHER (so far

g

I'll bet that will work for those who have HD DVD and BD drives that came with PowerDVD 6.5 and PowerDVD 6.6 respectivly too.

Reply from Cyberlink

I had purchased PowerDVD HD Ultra because I had both HD and Blu-ray drives for my PC. This is what I asked Cyberlink:
I have a Sony Blu-Ray drive and a HD-
DVD drive. During installation of
Power DVD Ultra you only get the option
of one or the other. Why can't I use
both. Also when the product is
installed it says it is PowerDVD Deluxe
not Ultra, why?
This is what I got back:
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD software.

In regard to your issue please provide us the proof of purchase of the software and we will provide you the new build of the PowerDVD Ultra software which will support both the Blu-ray and HD-DVD drives.

Please provide us order number(if purchased from CyberLink)/ copy of the invoice/ sales reciept/ snapshot of the installation disc as the proof of purchase of the software.

After analyzing the snapshot of the installation CD or invoice / sales receipt, we can provide you the new activation file for download.

Use the link that follows to send us the image:

lostcdkey.jsp

Enter user name and password -> Click on 'Browse' and select the file you want to send and click on Submit.

Kindly revert using the under mentioned link for all your further queries and immediate response :-

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards.

To even ask them a question I had to give these clowns my CD-Key. I downloaded and purchased right from their site. I will get my receipt and send it to them but this is just a stall. So does anyone think there is a version that handles both or should I try the double iinstall method.

Last edited:
Back