• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink ReadMe For 8

Hawk

3rd party software issues:

Some 3rd party software (such as AnyDVD®) may affect the normal functionality of CyberLink PowerDVD. For example, causing interference so CyberLink PowerDVD is unable to recognize DVD media/titles. It is recommended that you disable such applications before using CyberLink PowerDVD.

What Slysoft reaction on this. Just curious about readme in powerdvd 8, personally I say they don't want you to use anydvd for playback.

Even imgburn has an AnyDvd warning message.:D

I am ready to spend my money with the great folks at SlySoft if and when they develop a player. Should blow all others out of the water. :agree:

3rd party software issues:

Some 3rd party software (such as AnyDVD®) may affect the normal functionality of CyberLink PowerDVD. For example, causing interference so CyberLink PowerDVD is unable to recognize DVD media/titles. It is recommended that you disable such applications before using CyberLink PowerDVD.

What Slysoft reaction on this. Just curious about readme in powerdvd 8, personally I say they don't want you to use anydvd for playback.

It's BS. I don't know of any problem with PowerDVD. We want people to use AnyDVD for playback.

I think it's in Cyberlink's best interest for the software to work with AnyDVD but at the same time I can see them being leaned on by groups like the AACS LA.

It's always possible that the wording in the ReadMe was simply a way of placating someone else as well as a proactive way of denying responsibility for any possible issues that might arise in the future.

I think Cyberlink is absolutely right.

AnyDVD prevents users from watching trailers, warnings and all that other crappy stuff. It also enables non-hdcp devices which dramatically increases their lifespan. And also it reenables buttons on your remote like skip or forward which might lead to higher wearout.

Without AnyDVD Cyberlink can guarantee that you can't use any device longer than 12 months. And version 8 also protects you from those evil HD-DVDs. Isn't DRM amazing?

:)

Hey, you guys at SlySoft:

Great Job!!!!! I bought and I believe!!!

Fernando, Well Said. Couldn't said any better :agree::D:clap::rock:

I think Cyberlink is absolutely right.

AnyDVD prevents users from watching trailers, warnings and all that other crappy stuff. It also enables non-hdcp devices which dramatically increases their lifespan. And also it reenables buttons on your remote like skip or forward which might lead to higher wearout.

Without AnyDVD Cyberlink can guarantee that you can't use any device longer than 12 months. And version 8 also protects you from those evil HD-DVDs. Isn't DRM amazing?

:)

ROFLMAO! Absolutely awesome. :)

It's BS. I don't know of any problem with PowerDVD. We want people to use AnyDVD for playback.
James:

It isn't BS.

It is good business CYA. That way, if there are any conflicts, they can dodge the bullet.

Back