• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CyberLink PowerDVD 16 Cinavia?

DJHallo

8.0.1.0 2016 05 17
- New: PowerDVD 16 is now supported by AnyDVD's unique Cinavia fix

Is this also for PowerDVD 16.0.1713.60, or only for 16.0.1510.60?

I have both Cyberlink PowerDVD16 Ultra and AnyDVD HD. I am new to this forum. What is Cinavia?

Hi!
Cinavia is a rather evil DRM scheme that lets you copy the movie just fine - but if the licensed player detects it's a copy - it will mute the audio.
It even works on people recording "boots" in a movie theater!
Cinavia is actually in the audio stream itself making it very hard to eliminate - and impacts audio quality if you do eliminate it.
AnyDVD has hacks for the more popular software players - that break their ability to detact and act on Cinavia.
-W

Hi!
Cinavia is a rather evil DRM scheme that lets you copy the movie just fine - but if the licensed player detects it's a copy - it will mute the audio.
It even works on people recording "boots" in a movie theater!
Cinavia is actually in the audio stream itself making it very hard to eliminate - and impacts audio quality if you do eliminate it.
AnyDVD has hacks for the more popular software players - that break their ability to detact and act on Cinavia.
-W
The theater thing is what this was created for and I have absolutely no problem with either.

I use AnyDVD HD just for Blu ray movies that I want to rip to H.264 mp4 format using Blu ray ripper software that I have on my computer. I also do back up copies of blu ray movies using DVDFab blu ray copy. I don't encounter the audio issues when watching HD format videos converted on my computer using Cyberlink PowerDVD16 ultra to play these films back. But, like I said Cinavia is something new to me. I don't think it applies to my use of Cyberlink PowerDVD16 Ultra and AnyDVD HD from here.

I use AnyDVD HD just for Blu ray movies that I want to rip to H.264 mp4 format using Blu ray ripper software that I have on my computer. I also do back up copies of blu ray movies using DVDFab blu ray copy. I don't encounter the audio issues when watching HD format videos converted on my computer using Cyberlink PowerDVD16 ultra to play these films back. But, like I said Cinavia is something new to me. I don't think it applies to my use of Cyberlink PowerDVD16 Ultra and AnyDVD HD from here.
Actually, Cinavia is enforced on all certified Blu-ray playback software (since around 2012) such as WinDVD or Cyberlink's PowerDVD, and has since at least PowerDVD 12, and some later versions of PowerDVD 10 and 11 (but I have a version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra that will never have Cinavia, so I'm not affected at all.)

I'm an old lifetime license holder and now a new Red Fox lifetime license holder (Any DVD HD). I have ISO's that have played well on all of my players. (PC BD burner drives as well as all of my regular Blue Ray/DVD players.) But I recently purchased Power DVD 16 Ultra to replace Power DVD 8. So now when I play my ISO's, the Cinavia message appears. Just to re check, I re installed Power DVD 8 and Cinavia does not appear. Is this happening to everyone with Power DVD 16???? And, if so, is it going to be resolved soon?

What version of anydvd are your using. Powerdvd cinavia fix is only supported in version anydvd v8 and up

What version of anydvd are your using. Powerdvd cinavia fix is only supported in version anydvd v8 and up
Currently using any DVD HD 8.0.2.0....but all of my "back ups" were done on Sly Soft versions and worked perfectly prior to my use of Power DVD 16 Ultra

Are you sure you have the correct cinavia checkbox enabled (there's 2 of them)? You need to enable the first one (2nd to last starting from the bottom, in program settings). If you have the correct one enabled, it could be that the fix no longer works due to an updated build of PowerDVD 16. In which case, anydvd will need an update.

I know I responded to this.....but I can't find my response in this forum.....So, I'm currently using Any DVD HD 8020 but all of my current "back ups" were done using Sly Soft Any DVD HD earlier versions.

Are you sure you have the correct cinavia checkbox enabled (there's 2 of them)? You need to enable the first one (2nd to last starting from the bottom, in program settings). If you have the correct one enabled, it could be that the fix no longer works due to an updated build of PowerDVD 16. In which case, anydvd will need an update.
Sorry, I responded before I saw your question.....YES.....I checked the proper box re: Cinavia in "Settings"

Then you'll need to provide an anydvd logfile. Chances are your build of PowerDVD isn't supported

Might it be a protection like that in powerdvd 16 ultra that prevents me from reading Dolby Atmos track in videos correctly that works fine in pdvd 14? Also 2 times out of 3 the video doesn't even start. Also when I pause for a while it says it cannot read that format. !?? I hate those DRM's that only bothered me with real rented movies.. After wiggling around with bitstream format and audio track sometimes it works.

PowerDVD 16 should read atmos just fine. PDVD 14 just predates atmos. Nothing protection about it

Back