• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Cyberlink Audio Decode" DS filter PDVD 8 (2217u) broken?

mkanet

After upgrading the the latest PowerDVD patch 2217U, I noticed I cant use the PowerDVD Audio decoder in directshow dependent software like Windows Media Player.

There's a chance because of the HD-DVD hack interfering with one of it's dependencies.

Can someone please test this?

Edit: Specifically, the audio filter will not connect to any audio rendering device such as default directshow audio. All previous patches and versions of PowerDVD didnt have this problem and were able to use this decoder just fine.

Last edited:
I could never ever make any Cyberlink Audio filter work in third party DirectShow software (such as WMP, MPC etc.) in Vista. So there is nothing to break. Are you using Windows XP?

Actually, I read about one solution to make it work in Vista, and that is to run a program in XP compatibility mode. I tried it, and it worked for Media Player Classic. But I don't use this technique as I find it weird. Also, I cannot run WMP in compatibility mode.

Back