• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Custom Icons For Movie Folders (Batch Convert PNG to ICO And Then Some)

OK, last one from me, period. 'twas a thumbs.db issue. deleted those, icon is now refreshed and displayed properly. thank you. cheers!
Nice ... if you like I could inline document a bit more so you can understand better whats happening in the script

Nice ... if you like I could inline document a bit more so you can understand better whats happening in the script

awesome. had like 2gb of stuff in IconCacheToDelete. btw, everything works now. here and there it doesnt hold, but thats either because folder is missing clearlogo.png or something else. just dropped 250 folders into the test folder and all went great. and fast. and yes, i generally have an idea which section of the script does what, but id be interested in more details. i always knew scripting and batching were great, but this... this is awesome.

gajillion times thank you, i am in debt. now... now i have to live with windows explorer catching up everytime i open movies folder, hahahahahahahaha. i thunkd a lot, but havent thunk of that.

again, thank you. cheers!

You're very much welcome, but don't thank me too much, thank the people behind ImageMagick for providing such a great tool.
The image conversion could probably be done with Windows tools, but the code would be much longer, instead of one line ;)

I added some extra comments to make more clear what happens

Powershell Scripting is really neat in daily handling...
For example, you want to list all your folders and files in a folder (and subfolder) to a text file:
cd to your folder in powershell
Code:
(get-childitem -recurse).fullname > yourfilelist.txt
easy as pie (y)
You only want to list the files and make the command shorter:
Code:
(gci -r -af).fullname > yourfilelist.txt

I might be a wee bit obsessed with powershell :whistle:

Back