• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Supported UHD Blurays: Add Yours to Comments and they will be added to this list

Only the US has Thanksgiving at this time AFAIK, and on a Thursday yet too.
It allows the whole country to take a break and not get back to work until Monday and sometimes not until Tuesday.

I'm a bit of Scrooge when it comes to holidays, it's not that I don't appreciate them, it's that I don't know when businesses are going to be closed, or even open for that matter.
The only grocery store in my town closes for their Christmas party of their choosing, I have to remember that.
No business is alike, everyone closes and opens when ever they feel like it, using the given season for an excuse.

Banks and post offices are the worst and it will be a real nuisance this year with Christmas landing on a Tuesday.
Businesses close up early on Christmas eve and this year most probably won't even open on that Monday.

Yeah, I know Bah; Humbug !! :p

I'm a bit of Scrooge when it comes to holidays, it's not that I don't appreciate them, it's that I don't know when businesses are going to be closed, or even open for that matter.
The only grocery store in my town closes for their Christmas party of their choosing, I have to remember that.
No business is alike, everyone closes and opens when ever they feel like it, using the given season for an excuse.

Banks and post offices are the worst and it will be a real nuisance this year with Christmas landing on a Tuesday.
Businesses close up early on Christmas eve and this year most probably won't even open on that Monday.

Yeah, I know Bah; Humbug !! :p

Yeah Jeff, Bah Humbug! (lol)

Chug some egg nog and chill, dude :LOL:.

But -- getting back to unsupported UHD's, I got 2 new ones today and can confirm that Kin UHD is now a GO.

The other I got, Justice League Throne of Atlantis doesn't work in AnyDVD yet.

So for now, the unsupported list only has Justice League - Atlantis.

(... and possibly The Big Lebowski. Never heard further whether that's working now or not).

T

I just bought "Rampage" UHD. If I pop it into my LG branded HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00 and it will see the disk. It will "mount" it, but it says it's still encrypted.

If I pop it into my "friendly" drive WH14NS40 it seems to spin the disk up (blue light flashes for about 20 seconds) but never mounts it even though I use it all the time for ripping DVD's and Blu-Rays. I put a regular Blu-Ray in immediately after and it worked fine. Put this disk back in and nothing.

What information can I post to help? In the sticky it said you don't need logfiles so I didn't post it here, but I do have them from the drive that will mount the disk, but shows it as encrypted.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.0.1, BDPHash.bin 18-11-23)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 30496896 sectors (59564 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RAMPAGE
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

The NS60 won't work, ever. That's an official UHD drive, UHD decryption only works with uhd-friendly models. Oh and set your drive region on that one, or sooner or later you will have problems decrypting DVD's.

The NS60 won't work, ever. That's an official UHD drive, UHD decryption only works with uhd-friendly models. Oh and set your drive region on that one, or sooner or later you will have problems decrypting DVD's.
I understand this is an "official" drive. I wasn't expecting it to work. I tried it to see if another drive would mount the disk.

What I don't understand is why the "friendly" drive won't mount it either. Is there something new and special about this movie perhaps?

I don't rip that many UHD movies so I'm not very experienced. I appreciate any help.

What I don't understand is why the "friendly" drive won't mount it either. Is there something new and special about this movie perhaps?
No. Make sure, AnyDVD is running *before* you insert the disc. Or the disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

It could simply be that the disc isn't decrypted by the other drive, because it's not yet supported by the opd. A logfile would be required to be sure, a copy paste if the status info won't do.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

It could simply be that the disc isn't decrypted by the other drive, because it's not yet supported by the opd. A logfile would be required to be sure, a copy paste if the status info won't do.
I agree. Except that if I try to generate a logfile it thinks this drive is empty.

Would it help to generate a logfile from the "official" drive which will mount it but not allow a rip of course?

James said:
No. Make sure, AnyDVD is running *before* you insert the disc. Or the disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
AnyDVD is definitely running. I even updated it to the latest 8.3.0.1 beta to see if it would make a difference. Same behavior. The light flashes for about 20 seconds like it's trying to read it but I never even get the AnyDVD popup that says it's scanning and after about 20 seconds that light even stops.

I can play this disk fine in my UHD disk player. I can also pop in the regular Blu-Ray of this same movie from the same package and the "friendly" drive mounts it fine.

It can't hurt to post the logfile from the "official" drive. At least, it won't hurt me to see it posted here. Not sure about others. :cautious:

UPDATE: since Rampage I have also tried "Underworld Blood Wars", "Red Sparrow" and "Kingsman 2". All have the same behavior although I know the drive is working because I can throw anything but UHD in it and it works fine.

I have also ripped UHD in this drive in the past and the firmware has never been touched. It's still at 1.01. I'm going to see if I can figure out which movies I have ripped in this drive and try them again, but it seems like there is something preventing it from reading any UHD right now. I don't know if that's software related or not.

Last edited:
UPDATE: since Rampage I have also tried "Underworld Blood Wars", "Red Sparrow" and "Kingsman 2". All have the same behavior although I know the drive is working because I can throw anything but UHD in it and it works fine.

I have also ripped UHD in this drive in the past and the firmware has never been touched. It's still at 1.01. I'm going to see if I can figure out which movies I have ripped in this drive and try them again, but it seems like there is something preventing it from reading any UHD right now. I don't know if that's software related or not.

Hi, karaokeamerica.

I don't know if it's helpful but Red Sparrow is definitely supported in AnyDVD. I backed it up in mid-June and have no trouble decrypting it even today.

I don't have any of the other UHD's you mention.

This may be way out of left-field but is it possible that your firmware was automatically updated by your computer?

I know you mention it's still at 1.01 but someone told me manufacturer's are releasing non-UHD-friendly firmware that has the exact same version as the friendly one.

T

Just because YOUR version is supported doesn't mean his version is. As to the firmware, no that's not possible. Windows can update device drivers, but not drive firmware. That's impossible, only the drive manufacturer can.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Just because YOUR version is supported doesn't mean his version is.

I know that's true but with UHD there's a better chance since there are generally far fewer versions than Blu-Ray for any title (per James).

It's probably a moot point anyway because I don't think he's even getting to the point that AnyDVD is reading the disc on that drive...

As to the firmware, no that's not possible. Windows can update device drivers, but not drive firmware. That's impossible, only the drive manufacturer can.

Oh ok.

T

Yes, Ch3vr0n is correct that the firmware has not been updated. I didn't think there was any way for Windows to do that and he confirmed this thought.

I do use this drive to rip a ton of disks though....two today so far. I haven't tried a UHD in a while and I can't identify which one I ripped myself before, but it isn't getting to the point where AnyDVD is even scanning it. The drive is flashing for about 20 seconds, but I never hear it spin up. Then the flashing stops and it's just done. System sees it as an empty drive.

I am in the middle of some tasks so I can't do it right now, but I'm going to reboot the system to see if it makes a difference.

Ch3vr0n said:
A logfile would be required to be sure

Do you want me to upload a logfile generated from the "official" drive that does mount this disk, but of course sees it as encrypted?

I can also PM it or whatever.

My Canadian Rampage UHD disc works fine.
There may be different versions, but just fewer then Blu-ray.

My Canadian Rampage UHD disc works fine.
There may be different versions, but just fewer then Blu-ray.

Right.

With UHD's there are no Regions, no Screen Pass, no rental vs. retail, no Steelbook version, etc.

If I have a UHD that is supported and you have one from the same country, it's very likely it's supported as well.

Otherwise, why are we listing UHDs in the "Unsupported" thread by name only ?????

Now, whether there's any difference between a UHD from Canada and the US, I'm not sure...

But whatever is going on with karaokeamerica's drive doesn't involve AnyDVD's UHD support --

-- If the disc wasn't supported, it would still read and mount on karaoke's computer (and AnyDVD Status would report an error).

He's not even getting as far as the "mount" part. That has to be drive error...

T

Last edited:
Back