• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Promotion and Purchase Problems

Aceso

I'm attempting to buy AnyStream with the current promotion going on. When I am on the initial purchase page it says Visa is accepted and on the following page it is removed. Looks like it is because I'm in the US and it isn't accepted.

So looked at the next step of getting a Virtual Credit Card through PayPal (with my current account) to use. Can't find the option anywhere to set up a virtual Mastercard anywhere and some googling says it isn't available to everyone.

Is there any other possible way to take advantage of the promotion? I know there are Bit/Litecoins but I'm not interested in going that route because even with the 10% you save you still rack up other fees with purchasing / converting on top of bad experiences in the past.

I'd also rather not go through and set up multiple more accounts just to get a virtual card when my physical card should be good enough.

Does this help?

Code:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-paypal-key-faq4332

Does this help?

Code:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-paypal-key-faq4332

Not necessarily. My Paypal account doesn't have that option yet and the page indicates it will be rolling out (that was linked). A friend of mine was able to get one on theirs. Tried to use it just now and it asked for Bank Name. No bank name was given other than my actual bank and another thread here said to use "The Bancorp Bank". Trying both (that bank name and my actual) ended with a -993: Refused error saying the bank denied it. Contacted my bank and they said no charge outside the US has been attempted so they can't allow anything.

Not necessarily. My Paypal account doesn't have that option yet and the page indicates it will be rolling out (that was linked). A friend of mine was able to get one on theirs. Tried to use it just now and it asked for Bank Name. No bank name was given other than my actual bank and another thread here said to use "The Bancorp Bank". Trying both (that bank name and my actual) ended with a -993: Refused error saying the bank denied it. Contacted my bank and they said no charge outside the US has been attempted so they can't allow anything.

They also said that purchase attempts with the paypal key card sometimes got declined if there was no funds on the card transferred from the paypal account. Make sure it's pre-loaded.

They also said that purchase attempts with the paypal key card sometimes got declined if there was no funds on the card transferred from the paypal account. Make sure it's pre-loaded.

There's no preloading option. It just pulls from your bank / debit card or paypal balance.

It's that last option then, it failed when they was no balance in the wallet. They reported then when the was balance (and it didn't have to draw full your physical bank) that it went through on a second attempt

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's that last option then, it failed when they was no balance in the wallet. They reported then when the was balance (and it didn't have to draw full your physical bank) that it went through on a second attempt

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't think that is it either. I tried adding a balance to my PayPal (more than enough to even cover the conversion fee) and still got the error. I also got it when I removed PayPal balance as an option and told it to go strictly from my debit card.

Don't think that is it either. I tried adding a balance to my PayPal (more than enough to even cover the conversion fee) and still got the error. I also got it when I removed PayPal balance as an option and told it to go strictly from my debit card.

The PayPal key method seems to be hit or miss for people. When I did it, I used an actual Visa credit card, not a debt card. So, there was no balance to maintain. When PayPal issued the key, it was an actual MasterCard credit card number with an expiration date and the 3-digit security code. It was issued by the "The Bancorp Bank."

Maybe it's different when you use debit card, live in a different country, do it on a Tuesday, etc. Who knows?

Sorry it didn't work for you.

I want to purchase Anystream - Any idea when the Visa issue will be solved ?

The PayPal key method seems to be hit or miss for people. When I did it, I used an actual Visa credit card, not a debt card. So, there was no balance to maintain. When PayPal issued the key, it was an actual MasterCard credit card number with an expiration date and the 3-digit security code. It was issued by the "The Bancorp Bank."

Maybe it's different when you use debit card, live in a different country, do it on a Tuesday, etc. Who knows?

Sorry it didn't work for you.

Yeah, I'm using a debit card (tried checking account too) through my bank and it has more than enough money on it to cover the purchase + associated fees. So I don't think that would affect it, but who knows.

The next part might be where I'm getting something wrong possibly (especially since my bank says it doesn't even see a transfer attempt) so I'm thinking it is getting stopped at the MasterCard step. When I click to reveal my key (and on initial creation page) it gives the 16 Digit Credit Card #, Gives me the 4 digit Expiration Date and 3 digit security code. Everything you get with a normal Credit Card / Debit Card.

Then (I think it was you?) saw in another thread mention "The Bancorp Bank" was the issuing bank and that it should be mentioned. PayPal has zero mention of an issuing bank anywhere. The only bank I can see is the one "Paying with" which is the my actual bank's name. Is there a specific spot that mentions the exact bank's name? Even clicking "See Key" on the key page just reveals the expiration / CVC and asks me if I want to save it to the browser.

Other than that the only other options I get are "Customize your security code", "Paying With", "Billing Address" and "Delete this key".

If I go to this page: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/ppkey-tnc then it mentions The Bancorp Bank as well.

I want to purchase Anystream - Any idea when the Visa issue will be solved ?

Yup, that's my problem too. Trying to pay for it (since there's a promo running) and no way to really pay for it because I have a Visa card =/

Currently we have no Visa at all. :banghead:

Visa for US customers will be available first week of January (before promo ends and promo might be extended as well).
Visa for the rest of the world will be available Dec 31 2020, 21:00 UTC

Visa for US customers will be available first week of January (before promo ends and promo might be extended as well).

Hello,

I wanted to buy Anystream and I'm based in the US but don't have a mastercard. i have most everything else, including paypal, venmo, etc. if your remarks on accepting Visa is still valid, I don't mind waiting a few days to come back and buy it. Hope that the promo will still be available at the time Visa for US customers is offered.

Thanks

Thanks for the update! Been keeping an eye on the AnyStream forum where people keep asking and hoping for Visa to be available. Hoping it'll be available before the promo runs out since that looks to be about the only way I can get it to work at the moment =/

Will be keeping an eye out and thanks again for the update!

@Aceso:

Still have enough amount on my Prepaid credit card, and got Mastercard Prepaid working with 3D secure & RedFox etc :), without to have to call the bank.
Shall I buy an AnyStream license for you, while there is still the discount period?
---
Alternatively I'd still have an Paypal account, so if you still felt bad, after buying you a lincese, you still can send money to my Paypal etc.
---
So if interested I could buy one very fast, once you answering back.
(see further below how got it working)

I have a MasterCard Prepaid credit card, I had got the same error message "-993" after a purchase-attempt, like you first:
Unbenannt0.PNG

Before waiting those days for answer from my bank from 31.12.2020 to Jan 5. 2021, found a clue on my bank website https://www.olb.de ->Service ->FAQ
how to solve it,
where it is mentioned that needed to registered my MasterCard Credit Card (Prepaid) for a "3D secure" (2-factor-authentification) first, before able to do Online purchases,because this was a new EU (European-Union)-guideline,
that all banks here delivering credit cards, and Debit cards, to support 3D-Secure-standard, s.th. to do with changing to PSD-processing-system the last few years, my father told me,
who worked a time period for a company, designing and/or improving paying processing s, and/or just testing other peoples' programming work, and reporting and/or solving software errors etc.
---
Well was able to buy AnyDVD Stream suddenly, yesterday, already just minutes after registering my MasterCard with 3D-secure, yesterday on January 5 2020.

My OLB-bank website gives some URL-links how to register a card to 3D Secure. Maybe this also works with another bank, maybe even in the US.
There are different options to register to 3D secure, (different types of Visa and MasterCards):
Maybe the down provided help page and the links there from my OLB bank website, it forwardes you to the correct page, (or corrrect one for VIsa Card), which also goes for your bank.
You have to enter first the credit card number, CVV number, owner name, and expiration date, so the system should identify your bank, and if it is working, you won't get any error message,
and it might offer further dialogs, to register your Credit card or debit card with 3D-secure. Maybe this works.
If not, it will just tell a rejection message, that your bank was not supported, or because not supported in the US, or s.th. like this.

=>https://www.olb.de
=>FAQ (frequently asked questions)
=>https://www.olb.de/service/ihre-fragen

(German)
(Click on + to show)
+Wie schalte ich meine Kreditkarte für das 3D-Secure-Verfahren frei?

-Wie schalte ich meine Kreditkarte für das 3D-Secure-Verfahren frei?
Kreditkarten können Sie [hier]URL-LINK] für das 3D-Secure-Verfahren anmelden.
[here]URL-LINK]
https://www.olb.de/privatkunden/konten-und-karten/bargeldloses-bezahlen/3d-secure

(English translation)
-How do I unlock my credit card for the new 3D-Secure-method?
You can register credit cards [here]URL-LINK] for the new 3D-secure-method
[here]URL-LINK]
https://www.olb.de/privatkunden/konten-und-karten/bargeldloses-bezahlen/3d-secure

<==Here there are two 3d-Secure-registration methods offered, one for MasterCard (Debit) card (explicitely),
and method 2) for all Visa-credit-cards and for MasterCard Credit cards (full and Prepaid); MasterCard/Visa-Debit cards (perhaps might) work as well for registration method 2) (but are not clearly stated if they were or if not)

Method 1) is NOT suitable for Prepaid -Credit cards, as 3D secure method 1) registers for fast direct money transfer (directly) from the bank account via debit charge (within short/shorter time), and a Prepaid credit card cannot directly charge off money from the bank account via an Online purchase, it needs manual user interaction to book some money via bank tranferrings some value to it)
That's why for Prepaid-Credit cards, method 1) is NOT suitable, but method 2) is.

How I did registration process to 3D secure:
Unbenannt3.PNG
Choosing registrstion method 2) for 3D secure, see text registration button to choose from, example see screenshot)

method 1)
"3D-Secure-Verfahren ec Karte (Debit Mastercard)
ec Karte anmelden oder ändern"

English:
"3D-Secure-handling ec card (Debit Mastercard)
registering or changing ec card"
------------------------------------

method 2)

"3D-Secure-Verfahren für Visa und Mastercard
Mastercard anmelden oder ändern
Visa Card anmelden oder ändern"

method 2)

(English)
"3D-Secure-handling for Visa and Mastercard"
Registering or changing a Mastercard
Registering or changing a Visa Card"
------

I used this link for MasterCard Prepaid credit card (also for full MasterCards)
method 2) ,this might work also for Debit-Mastercards, but not so clearly stated)

Mastercard anmelden oder ändern"
<== yellow-orange-URL-button-LINK
<== https://mc-id-check.firstdata.de/reg-fdd-pb-mc/#!/start
see screenshot:
Unbenannt3_3.PNG

After entering credit card number, CVV, owner, and expiration date, I get this dialog (example: web page saved as an mhtml document, opened in web browser making you illsutration sreenshot with Windows snipping tool)

(The OLB bank logo is shown, because the registering system detects from the Mastercard credentials, the card being offerd from OLB bank)
Unbenannt4.PNG

Translation to English
"To be able to register for Mastercard® Identity Check™, you need an identification code. You can have let you tell the code by a transaction to your banc account.
You get the identification code within the next 1-2 working days within the refeference description of the +transfer-value of 0.01 € to the settlement account corresponding to your credit card.

BUTTON: "Send Idenfication code via transaction"

"Do you want to get the Identification code sent by another sort of way?"
"Further Methods" <==URL-LINK (here = Mastercard)
https://mc-id-check.firstdata.de/reg-fdd-pb-mc/
(= e.g code sent written by letter via postal service, instead of money transfer)
-
After requesting for an Identification code successfully at December 31. 2020 via e.g. 0.01€ money transfer , I get this confirmation notice message:
Unbenannt5.PNG
Translation to English
"You have ordered an identification code by transaction. You'll be getting it within the next 1-2 working days within the reference description of the +credit-transfer by a transfer-value of 0.01 € to the settlement account corresponding to your credit card.
Please after picking up of the code, to go back to registering of Mastercard® Identity Check™ and following through the then provided steps.
--
After getting the Identification code to my banc account on Jan 5 2020, I see the registration pin code here in my Giro-debit-bank-account's activity table, to where my Prepaid credit card is linked to (Prepaid credit card has an own activity table - but the code goes to the Giro account, because I have to validate first that its really correct credit card to my bank account etc), see screenshot (private details blacked out):
Unbenannt8.PNG
---
Having this identification code, I go back to Mastercard® Identity Check™ to this URL-link...
Mastercard anmelden oder ändern"
<== yellow-orange-URL-button-LINK
<== https://mc-id-check.firstdata.de/reg-fdd-pb-mc/#!/start

...entering again credit card credentials:
... to procede for finishing the registration my Mastercard Prepaid for 3D Secure.
...as the Identifiaction code, to legitimate registration, and has remebered previos online request steps, and now it comes up with a new secured dialog,
it asks for this 6-digit code from 0,01€ money transfer, go accept to go through further with registration:
After confirmed entering correct code, next dialog asks to choose between 2-factor-authentification either via SMS-MTAN or between smartphone-APP-TAN. It also asks for a security-question-password,. The SMS-MTAN-selection option is hidden a bit, but further down, needed to scroll page down) to select this, and centering the legitimation code for registration ("Identification code") Then it asks for to wbich mobile phone SIM number (in this shemata 0049-176-xxxxxxx for Germany - but NOT with +49 prefixes) to send the generated M-TAN, when doing Online purchases.
To be sure I took the same telephone number for SMS-M-TAN which I have stored in my bank account, and completing3D secure registration by clicking the registration-button.

I don't have screenshots from here, as I did those last steps on other computer with Linux, and my web browser has bug here, can't store web pages correctly here (only few bytes).
---
Then purchase of Redfox AnyStream got successfuly after registration right away.
now s.th. is different, in web browser with paying-processing in the RedFox shop wep page, I see a brown letters "3D secure" embedded into page for a few seconds, and redirecting me to a MasterCard/OLB page (from my bank where I registred my Mastercard Prepaid, e.g. credit card) getting a SMS-beep with the authentification-code for the payment, and typing this M-TAN code into the next field field in the form of next dialog page, see screenshot:
Unbenannt9.PNG

Purchase went through:
Unbenannt10.PNG
Two earlier emails failed purchase attempts, just 10 minutes earlier, were due to having "noscript"-Java-cross-scripting-blocking-plugin active, I had to disable it temporarily.

Attachments

• Unbenannt3_2.PNG
    Unbenannt3_2.PNG
    232.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

>>Visa for US customers will be available first week of January (before promo ends and promo might be extended as well).
<<

Ivan
Can US customers, for whom Mastercard is not working, please be notified when they can try to order with Visa?

Thank You

theosch
Thank you for all the information and the offer but I would rather just wait till either the Mastercard problem is fixed or Visa can be used in the US. Hopefully the discount period will be extended or some other arrangement made for those of us who were unable to order with Master card from the US.

This is all way too complicated!
Thank You for all Your hard Work

>>@Aceso:

Still have enough amount on my Prepaid credit card, and got Mastercard Prepaid working with 3D secure & RedFox etc :), without to have to call the bank.
Shall I buy an AnyStream license for you, while there is still the discount period?
---
Alternatively I'd still have an Paypal account, so if you still felt bad, after buying you a lincese, you still can send money to my Paypal etc.
---
So if interested I could buy one very fast, once you answering back.
(see further below how got it working)<<

Ah OK Sorry, the post always get longer, I don't know how.
----
Well the Mastercard or Visa issues in the US, would be interesting, if it was possible register a card from the US with 3D-Secure.:rockingchair::):rolleyes::unsure:
It looks to me that 3D Secure was not limited to the EU.
If it was possible, could be great, well it was super easy here then, it's not clear nd I'm not sure if there were other problems behind Visa or Mastercard not being accepted fro e.g. US customers, because I had same issue error code "-993" with payment before registering the credit card to a 2-factor-authentifiction-form like used when registering to called e.g. "3d Secure".
But I afaik Ive understood at least for Visa Cards, the RedFox shop doesn't offer option to use a Visa card, but for Mastercard should? If at least for MasterCard, maybe can solve the payment issues with registering to 3D secure, in post #14 provided links, how to register a card to 3D secure.
---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

3-D Secure
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Not to be confused with card security code.
3-D Secure is a protocol designed to be an additional security layer for online credit and debit card transactions. The name refers to the "three domains" which interact using the protocol: the merchant/acquirer domain, the issuer domain, and the interoperability domain.[1]

It was originally developed by Arcot Systems (now CA Technologies) and Visa[2] with the intention of improving the security of Internet payments, and offered to customers under the Verified by Visa brand. Services based on the protocol have also been adopted by Mastercard as SecureCode, by Discover as ProtectBuy,[3] by JCB International as J/Secure, and by American Express as American Express SafeKey.[4] Later revisions of the protocol have been produced by EMVCo under the name EMV 3-D Secure. Version 2 of the protocol was published in 2016 with the aim of complying with new EU authentication requirements and resolving some of the short-comings of the original protocol.[5]

Analysis of the first version of the protocol by academia has shown it to have many security issues that affect the consumer, including a greater surface area for phishing and a shift of liability in the case of fraudulent payments.[6]
---

For others who have a MasterCard in material-form (maybe even fro US), and for those (in the EU region and afaik even Switzerland) with a Visa card, where Payment to RedFox was rejected, and were bank is not helpful and not good support,
try enabling "3D Secure" with those links below, if you cannot find any activation link for your card issuer with another auth-method-payment-service-protocol from your card supplier.

For MasterCard (Full) and for MasterCard Prepaid,
(maybe also suitable for "Paypal Key" virtual MasterCard credit card, but this requires Paypal virtual credit card to have a card number and CVV number - but probably 3D secure is absolete for US customers reached to get a Paypal Virtual MasterCard/debit and/or credit-card, as Paypal offers the 2-factor-auth-option by itself)

And this is maybe also for Debit-MasterCards)

For only Debit-MasterCards
https://3d-secure.olb.de/reg-bvg-olb-mc/
---

Mastercard gives info to go to bank to register e.g. an MC debit card (as it's from the bank with which people pick up their cash from their bank account) (here 2nd URL), the 2nd URL includes the name "olb", so 2nd one is from my bank (as I have also a Debit-card called EC/Maestro)
If this 2nd link might not work registering a (Debit)-or-EC-MC card, try the 1st one.
Afaik the 1st one is for all MC credit cards, at least anyway MC Prepaid and Full, and afaik also for a Mastercard-Debit card, as an MC_Debit card is also from the company MasterCard ^^)

From the URL from 1st one, there's no bank, it looks like it would go for other banks as well, unless the "reg-fdd-pb-mc" in behind in the URL was coded to my OLB bank.
---

More than trying out yourself to register to 3D secure, you cannot do, until RedFox gets a more accepted payment-merchant-provider, but this also only will help, if the 2-factor-authentification (had) not got standard (by another heavy prefered protocol) in the US,
and if it were and your card was already registered to that standard, you would not had the idea to call the bank, but already use your Visa secure, and/or 3D Secure can coexists with another identity-check protocol from Mastercard (if there is/was still any), maybe dependant which bank, and/or possible with all US bank credit institutes.

It least here in EU, e.g. "Mastercard ID Check TM" and "Visa Secure" are obliged to make use of "3D Secure", in US this is optional. What optional means, I don't know. Either "optional" means, only optional to the institute (so you rely on it) or opt-in-optional to the private customer of the credit insitute . If "3D secure" is an optional-opt-in choice to the private-customer (maybe even generally in the US), some and/or all private users from US have optional choice on their own to activate 3D-secure by themselves. :)
Might help, if other secure-payment-method-grant-check weren't working for whatever reason, on your card issuer.
---
Might work at least for some US-customers: (When registering to 3D-Secure/MC ID check, ==>screenshot =>Post #18 , logo "fiserv" ("firstdata is now fiserv")
"https://www.fiserv.com/en/industries/credit-unions.html
"Credit Union Core Account Processing Solutions
One-third of U.S. credit unions depend on Fiserv
to deliver core account processing technology that serves as the backbone for their daily operations."
--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiserv
Fiserv dates from July 31, 1984, from the merger of Sunshine State Systems, Inc. (Tampa, Florida) and First Data Processing (Milwaukee, Wisconsin){...}
---
Fiserv, Inc. is a global provider of financial services technology.[4] The company's clients include banks,..., credit unions,...

Last edited:
This is all way too complicated!
I agree, customer of the first hour. Transaction rejected twice.
Second time I get the following e-mail:

Your card issuing bank has refused our charge. Please, call them and tell them to accept charges from 'GB******man' in China. Your card issuer will lift this restriction when you tell them to do so.
Once your card issuer has white-listed us, go to our website and re-order.

For whatever reason, I do not think the issuer (Mastercard) will do that on my request.
Makes it all very complicated to renew AnyDVD or purchase Anystream.

OK, I'm sure RedFox will solve the issue for you.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with identity check, and your bank no longer or never accepted phone calls

Just take 3D-secure, if it was possible with your card, just as last try, if nothing else helped.:)
Now we have Thursday, until Monday 11, you won't get the legitimation- Pin-code for finishing the registration for "3D secure" for your MC card right in time anyway, but RedFox surely will extend the discount period for US customers, to finish registration after Monday Jan 11.

I fear it's all about fraud, so there are 2-fact-auth-systems /identity check or how they call it, as phoning calls to the bank to grant a payment some banks find less reliable/viable, and takes more time to the bank to employ more people,, it could make sense they do care to build up a systematic easier payment protocol service system for several card suppliers, and just fewer people to employ for support of this "3D secure"-registration process etc.

Paypal Key virtual card is to use a Paypal Account, where you also get a confirmtion SMS, is handy for people who don't want an extra credit card, which is required for 3D secure. But EC and and debit cards are also supported by 3D secure. Paypal-Key is good as it offers the user-granting of payment himself as well, as with "3D Secure". Sad, people reporting, having difficulties getting a Paypal-MC-Key-CardKey card in the US.

@Ozziebloke
It might be that banks some have strengthened their rules, not to accept phone calls as much other 2-factor authentifications. It might be that your bank wants you to use "3D secure", but not telling it you directly and/or the personal advicing person you got in contact not knowing that currently, that there was "3D secure", as itis a newer system, that might be currently building up more widely also in the US (2020/2021).:
---

https://stripe.com/docs/payments/3d-secure
""
Card authentication and 3D Secure
Learn about authentication to reduce fraud and meet regulatory requirements.
What is 3D Secure?
For extra fraud protection, 3D Secure requires customers to complete an additional verification step with the card issuer when paying. Typically, you direct the customer to an authentication page on their bank’s website, and they enter a password associated with the card or a code sent to their phone. This process is familiar to customers through the card networks’ brand names, such as Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check. Watch our video for an example of an authenticated checkout flow.

The Strong Customer Authentication regulation in Europe requires the use of 3D Secure for card payments. 3D Secure is optional in other regions but can still be used as a tool to reduce fraud."
--
When I register my credit card from bank for 3D secure on the URL I provide here, the page shows "MasterCard Identity Check TM), so afaik 3D secure meanwhile is MasterCard Identity Check (and/or used by i3D Secure), but according to forum the US never had had such a general protocol compliance system, only similar split things, so it could make sense they are also building up that standard as well, and registering a MasterCard from the US for to 3D Secure could work.

Registering credit card MC, see "MasterCard Identity Check" icon"
(Also here it is mentioned my bank using a (worldwide) security standard, so afaik 3D Secure is/can/could or will be used worldwide,
Screenshot_20210107_115330.png

Debit Card MC: also called MasterCard TM Identity check (, there's no "MasterCard Identity Check" icon", but listed in the text, see screenshot)
Screenshot_20210107_115623.png

and faik that might be the only shemata they provided for 2-factor-auth, no matter if EU or US, at least coming as an idea, when reading above help text about 3D secure from https://stripe.com/"..."

Thhat page from https://stripe.com/"..." describing 3D-Secure itself does not even have its origin froma German speaking country, rather from UK or US, Canada, Australia or NZ...
("Bis jetzt ist diese Seite noch nicht in dieser Sprache verfügbar. Wir arbeiten aber verstärkt daran, unsere Dokumentation in weiteren Sprachen bereitzustellen, und werden die Übersetzung sofort anzeigen, sobald diese verfügbar ist.")
--
Afaik 3D Secure is s.th. more compact, so that you don't need an extra payment service provider if you already have a MasterCard or a VisaCard. So just like a layer between communicating from your bank debit and/or credit-card provider from MasterCard/Visa with the paying provider from RedFox, and gives the buyer and owner of his MC/Visa card the opportunity to grant himself the payment, with 2-factor-auth-

Afaik 3D Secure is same principle as Verified by Visa and the one from MC, but it looks like it would replace the two, to a combined standard for different card companies.
--
Before talking too much: try this, if your card supports for registering with 3D secure:

The web page appear from MasterCard itself, (which I got from my OLB bank in the overview page about 3D secure, this link was also posted in post #14

For MasterCard (Full) and for MasterCard Prepaid,
(maybe also for "Paypal Key" virtual MasterCard credit card, but this requires Paypal virtual credit card card to have a card number and CVV number - but probably 3D secure absolete for US customers reached to have Paypal MasterCard credit card) -(maybe also for debit MasterCards)

For only Debit-MasterCards
https://3d-secure.olb.de/reg-bvg-olb-mc/

(But this link has OLB logo binded in - maybe this goes away, when you enter your debit card credentials, switching to your bank logo, and/or you have to find direct link from MasterCard and/or your bank)
----
Go through the instructions, and take your time filling out all correctly, and reading the instructions, afaik the dialog offers to switch the language, and/or detects it from your IP address region.
Make sure that the registration link you use, offers in the corresponding later step the choice between-SMS-TAN (=phone) (simple cell phone is sufficient) and APP-TAN (requires a smartphone +APP) - if it des not offer both of this from the the debit-card registration link (try the other link for afaik all MasterCards)

It might be handy to save every form page, you fill out and with further instructions, to save as an mhtml-webpage document, e.g. Vivaldi web browser supports saving web pages to mthml and html (based on Google Chromium), so Chrome should support also this saving function.
---

Before waiting and be bored at least a try might be worth it, maybe it will be faster.
---

Some things coming to my mind, when registering to 3D secure:
Well true, many things, when registering to e.g. "3D secure" can go wrong.
Eg. maybe you can activate 3D secure, but other opt-in options, your bank offers cannot be unlocked any longer etc...

Or e.g. if the legitimation Pin code for beginning the registration for 3D secure, via e.g. a 0,01 €-cent booking in the reference text area. if that also works for the US, if that would work for US-customers too, by getting a 0.01$ Dollar booking, with same way, or if that's done via SMS, or maybe sent to the email you have registered in your bank/creditc card issuer account.
There's also option via postal service getting the code, maybe if via booking way to get code, is not supported, the registration form for an US-customer on certain bank will offer only getting the code via postal service.
Maybe some banks in US support his shemata, but they don't give help text and support about it, so all you just can try out, if registering to 3D secure, via e.g. the links and in #14 still worked.

What also could go wrong, eg. not saving the security passphase and answer in password manager or in a text document on a secured place, and if mobile phone number was declared in wrong format, maybe difference between this 0049 +49 prefixes and 001, 110, used in US.
I had expected, using the lniks e.g. by my bank, redirecting to MasterCard, asking for credentials, it would detect what country the card country from credentials, and adapt the help guidance text, in which format using the mobile phone number, so for US customers maybe telling s.th. else than it was presented with those 0049-176 prefixes for my country in Europe.
On the register form page at the end of process, they presented in which way to describe mobile phone number and prefixes etc.

In my bank account I have stored my Email address, maybe can be used to restore the password, but I have to find out how to reset the 2-factor-authentificatio security passphrase and password, which I need along with the M-TAN code from SMS, I have stored my credentials, so I don't have the problem, but it might be interesting for people who deny using this 3D Secure, just because forgetting the security passphrase and answer etc.

But I fear you won't get around registering your credit card and/or your debit card to 3D secure or any similar suchlike protocol. When searching for Visa Secure and 3D secure, Visa Secure in fact is mentioned alongside "pairing" with "3D secure".

If Visa Secure is combined into 3D secure, I don't know 100% if that was only made so for the EU, and/or if you haven't/hdn't registered your credit card already with s.th. else, maybe you can choose between and/or have both protocol used on your credit card.

Last edited:
(editing this post)

I tried out this link from Post #2....

Does this help?

Code:

Aceso
Not necessarily. My Paypal account doesn't have that option yet and the page indicates it will be rolling out (that was linked). A friend of mine was able to get one on theirs.

[Edit]
...I first expected that I could register to "Paypal Key" - see screenshot:
Screenshot_20210109_103848.png
...but then it turns out the same, that is was not currently available yet, but them telling to be rolling it out soon (I'm from Europe within EU), so afaik it is not due to being in the US, I can't imagine how a friend of him/her (so probably also in the US) was able to get the Paypal Key, or maybe he meant his/her friend getting a RedFox license (of course by another Payment metod that is alredy rolled out, like a ("real")-material MasterCard):
Screenshot_20210109_115600.png

--
Well this is how to add 2-pass-authin Paypal, but unlike I expected, it is not helpful to solve hindering issues, to get "Paypal Key" (Debit MasterCard). I confused "Paypal Key" with "Security Key"-(2-pass-auth), I expected 2-pass-auth-being necessary for solving thoise hindering issues to get a "PayPal-Key"-(Debit card) (combination situation)

---
An other option if "Paypal"-Key-card was not rolled out yet, maybe a "Paypal Plus" account, as it offers a Papal MasterCard, but I fear they want an montly fee for that account extension.

[Edit]
After having a "Paypal Plus"-account extension to your old one, it should be possible, to get, and pay, with a Paypal Cash MasterCard Dedit card. Enabled-2-pass-auth. (Security Key) (e.g. like used when loggin in to Paypal), might be required.

{...}I'd also rather not go through and set up multiple more accounts just to get a virtual card when my physical card should be good enough.
https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/paypal-plus
<==>https://www.paypal.com/bizsignup/#/checkAccount
"PayPal PLUS beantragen
Geben Sie als Erstes Ihre E-Mail-Adresse ein.
Um PayPal PLUS zu beantragen, können Sie ein vorhandenes Konto verwenden oder ein neues Konto eröffnen.
"
Translation: "First type in your email address. To register for Paypal Plus, you can use an existing account or you can create a new account."

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/ppplus-tnc?locale.x=en_DE
Terms for the use PayPal PLUS
PayPal PLUS is a service providing a merchant an optimized checkout for its online shop. PayPal PLUS includes the payment methods PayPal Services, credit card, and electronic direct debit, and Kauf auf Rechnung, as well as up to five third-party providers of payment methods which may be integrated into the PayPal PLUS checkout. PayPal PLUS also enables such Payers who do not hold a PayPal Account to process payments to the merchant using PayPal PLUS.

https://transferwise.com/us/blog/paypal-cash-account

What are the differences between PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus accounts?
As the name implies, a PayPal Cash Plus account gives you everything a PayPal Cash account does, plus a few more things on top.

The PayPal Cash Plus account’s additional features are:²

• FDIC coverage. That means that your money is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, up to a certain limit. You only get this if you get a PayPal Cash Mastercard.
    • The option to withdraw cash at ATMs via a PayPal Cash Mastercard
    • The option to top up your balance in stores via the PayPal app or a PayPal Cash Mastercard
    • The option to get cash at Walmart via the app
    • The ability to pay in checks to your balance, via the app.
As you’ll notice, a lot of those differences relate to a card: the PayPal Cash card is a debit card that links to a PayPal Cash Plus account. If you want the card, you’ll need to sign up for PayPal Cash Plus.³

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card
Unbenannt24.PNG

and/or afaik you need a "Paypal Cash" and/or a "Paypal Cash Plus Account" to get a Paypal Mastercard (afaik debit card?)
----

Well this is how to add 2-pass-authin Paypal
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/security-protections
"PayPal Security Key
The PayPal Security Key gives you a second authentication factor when you're logging in to your account. In addition to your password, you enter a One Time Pin (OTP) that’s unique for each login. These two factors give you stronger account security.

What is it?

The PayPal Security Key sends you a temporary security code via SMS that you enter in addition to your password to log in to PayPal."

Unbenannt14.PNG
View attachment 54831
Unbenannt18.PNG
Unbenannt19.PNG
Unbenannt20.PNG
--This is how it looks for me with 2-pass enabled, that page like in these last three screenshot here directly above, probably aren't popping up when you login into your Paypal account (because you have Paypal 2-pass-auth. disabled)

To enable it:

Unbenannt21.PNG
Unbenannt22.PNG
Unbenannt23.PNG
---

Last edited:
Back